ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Charm Type

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-11-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AuditionMapleStoryTrickster OnlineDofus
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gambler question? :<

I'm sorry that there are other threads around about this and I've read as many guides as I can, but I'm still having a lot of trouble deciding on what to do.

Lately I've decided that one of the characters I've never really tried out PROPERLY is a gambler. I have questions that need answering though before I can FINALLY make up my mind.

I'm planning on going 3124 and pure HP. Reason for this being that I'm not exactly super funded with HP equips or even that much with HV. If anything I want to use mainly card skills, which I will use my AP equips for, whilst using my HP for IR/PC.

That said though, Full House recoil would hurt big time, even with the HP... but I wondered if FH is really worth getting at all, especially for this build? Is it perfectly fine to just go ahead and rely on ONLY IR/PC as my AoE skills? I'd assume so, but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, I can't seem to find any info on the new Gambler skill. Does anyone have info on that? Like, what stats does it use to determine damage and such?

[Also this character is strictly for PvM]

Thanks a lot in advance.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-11-2012   #2 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on just IR/PC for AoE is very unpredictable and can be less than satisfactory, especially since you state that you won't be very funded (I'd suggest at least 50k HP if you wish to completely depend on IR/PC for AoE damage at higher levels). The cooldown on these skills can hurt as well, especially in areas with a high mob density such as Fiesta zones.

I would highly suggest in investing at least some points in FH to help you out down the line eventually, trust me when I say that you'll want it. As for the new skill, I'm not completely sure on how the damage works. From what I've heard, it is only useful in areas that have a lot of enemies that are of the same type.

10-11-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

My gambler is 2134 and pure HP. I wouldn't recommend using just IR/PC as your main AoE skills. In my experience, it seems that you need a lot of HP for those two skills to deal significant damage. By significant, I mean 20-30k. My raccoon wears around 33k HP at the moment, but I find those two skills to be inferior to Full House most of the time. I guess it really depends on the map you're using them in. IR/PC deals more damage if the enemies are extremely close to you, and if there are no obstacles around them so that you can "push" them very far. The further you push them, the higher the damage. This becomes a problem when you have trees, pillars, rocks and stuff like that and there's just not enough room for you to do a lot of pushing. If the enemies are around the edge of a map, that's also not going to help. I've encountered this problem in Fiesta, Chaos Tower and most maps actually. Half the time, my IR does not OHKO. And don't even get me started on Power Charging. I don't really like it and hardly ever use it. It seems less accurate and just.. I don't know, it's meh. Their cooldown isn't exactly short, either.

Full House's recoil does hurt. With around 30k HP and 3-4k AP, each failed card deals about 3-4k damage back to me. I've heard that the more AP you have, the higher the recoil. Not 100% sure. All of this means that you'll have to be well supplied with HP potions - it's the price to pay for the convenience of a high-damage, fast cooldown AoE.

But Full House was the only reason I chose to be a Gambler. I really don't recommend leaving that skill out.

And I don't have the new skill yet, so I can't answer the last question. Sorry.

P.S. Tia! ;o; *jumps on*

10-11-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Mazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond reputeMazuiko has a reputation beyond repute

My AP gears [assuming I got my raccoon to 210 at least] would give me about 9k+ AP... that sounds so terrible for FH... q__q I only really have a belt, shield and sword that are all comped for HP, I could probably get 35k at least if I were to get him over 200... but now that I know IR/PC aren't exactly super reliable as my only 2 AoEs, I've hit a brick wall once again... I'm really not sure what to do anymore. Figured trying out a Gambler after trying out all other classes [except dragon, but I'm not a big mage fan] would be a nice change, but it sounds so complicated! D:

10-11-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

9k AP seems quite a lot for a Gambler. Maybe that would be more suitable for a Duke.

If there's any chance you can get 50k+ HP, I think you'll be fine eventually. I'm not sure how much AP you'd be wearing in that case.

Don't forget, all that AP would help your One Pair. So it's not always a bad thing. xD

10-11-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Yeah that's true... would be very nice for OP... no point in making a Duke though really, since I already have a Diva. qq

10-11-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

9k ap is good actually for FH, as for the new skill it does a little less than FH. They also decreased the FH recoil by around half so that helps. PC/IR is pretty good esp in fiesta. The new skill has a really big range although it requires 4 targets in order for it to work.

10-12-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

^ They did? o_o Hm...

So... with that AP in mind, should I end up going for a 2134 or a 3124? Or maybe even a 1144? x.x I'll still be going pure HP. c:

10-12-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

For me, WT is always an issue when it comes to Power/Charm types, unless you have no problem recharging WT pouches over and over. Personally, I find that a waste of money, so I would only go for 2134 or 1144. The latter seems a bit extreme, though, so I went for a more balanced build. Even with a 3 in Sense, I still can't seem to hold many pots.

10-12-2012   #10 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

My Duke is 1144. The start is rough, but at later levels, it is definitely a good build for any charm. Though if you plan on to melee most of the time, you'll want equips that lower your DEX.

Last edited by Jon; 10-12-2012 at 02:29 PM.

10-12-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Ah right. That's awesome, thank you so much guys! Really appreciate your help! :3