ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Charm Type

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-22-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Nostalgic is on a distinguished road
Default Aura Shatter

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone understands how Aura Shatter works (I have yet to get the skill myself). So basically, it removes up to 3 buffs (at Master) from the opponent and does damage based on how many buffs it removes. From the jTO wiki (*롦ɥ - TricksterWiki) I also got the impression that it hits more than 1 target (7 at Master). So is it an AoE skill or am I misunderstanding something? Can you cast this skill on a monster without a buff? (From the jTO wiki notes, I would assume no).

Also from looking at the first damage formula (which I believe is the one for one no buff is being 'shattered') it appears the damage is weaker than volley kick. Is this true? Does someone understand the second formula?

Also does the cooldown reduce as the skills level increases? 20 secs is a bit rubbish lol.

How good (or bad) would you say this skill is in PvP?

Feel free to answer any of the questions. Thanks.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-26-2012   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader

LadyMarta is on a distinguished road
IGN: LadyMarta
Guild: Firefly

I would also love to know as well. And on the youtube video, it appeared that you could do damage to yourself as well... If someone could add info, I would be happy~

09-26-2012   #3 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

It is an AoE skill, it's a circle target skill (like Scorching, Rain of Knives, etc) and the range is huge (no screenshot now because there's maintenance)

The monster/person must have a buff active or it will not hit

Yes it is weaker than Volley Kick, it's not really a PvM skill, and it's based on AP from what I can gather

20 seconds is the cooldown at master

This skill is amazing, granted you have enough AC to hit everything but charm types, then you could kill everything.. debuff a bunny's Guard (which is kind of impossible now for charms due to the guard update), debuff Dark Barrier, debuff Shield of Heaven, debuff Hide.. even debuffing things like AC buffs on a Power so they can't hit you until they buff again

The only time you do damage to yourself is if you use Aura on a dark mage with Barrier or on a Soul Master with blessings

You're welcome 8D

09-26-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

I would be happy to log on my cat, go to PvP and double check everything for you.. but since there's maintenance I can't. So I'll do my best to remember.

So basically, it removes 3 buffs at level: Master, like you wrote. It removes buffs like Guard, Dark Barrier, Shield of Heaven and Dodge Master (from what I remember). Everytime my skill would 'hit' and remove a buff it would hit 21k to the player. If there's no buff to remove, the skill just 'misses'. And yes, it's an AoE skill. You cast it in a circle, so whoever is in the circle at the time you cast the skill gets hit.

I'd have to check for myself if I can cast this skill on monsters without buffs.

When I compare my ..if I remember correctly, 30-40k Volley Kick damage in PvP to the 21k Aura Shatter, Volley Kick seems stronger. But if Aura Shatter removes 3 buffs and hits 21k each time, it adds up to 63k total. And it's AoE... but then again Volley Kick is a fast skill & the cooldown is faster.

No idea about the cooldown myself, I'd have to double check.

All in all it's a pretty nice skill for PvP in my opinion.

Also to answer Marta's question(?). I haven't noticed anything about doing damage to myself. Maybe if I would hit a Dark Lord or Dark Witch with Dark Barrier on and remove 3 buffs without removing Dark Barrier, it would reflect it back and hit me? Would have to double check that aswell :<

Hope this helps :3

<Edit> Ninja'd by Vixen >:l

09-26-2012   #5 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

I don't know much but I used it earlier:

-Mines is level 10 and it loads extremely slow.
-Battled a sheep. Didnt pay close attention but I think it worked once because I killed the sheep in 20 seconds. Usually took me around 6 minutes to take her down due to her annoying electro shock....
-It's AoE. Hence the big circle that Vicky stated.
-I saw the skill hitting 3k damage on mine.
-Tested on a buff with 4 buffs. Canceled one.

I have questions of my own too. qwq
a. At master is it always 3 buffs canceled or just 3 max?
b. It can miss if they do have buffs on?
c. How're cats liking this skill?

Pooh Val beat me to it. ;3; Well she answered some of my questions. Thank you Vally. >:

Last edited by Joy; 09-26-2012 at 10:47 PM.

09-26-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesNCream
I have questions of my own too. qwq
a. At master is it always 3 buffs canceled or just 3 max?
b. It can miss if they do have buffs on?
c. How're cats liking this skill?

Pooh Val beat me to it. ;3; Well she answered some of my questions. Thank you Vally. >:
A. 3 Max.
B. I guess it can miss... if you don't have enough AC like Vixen said.
C. I love it when it doesn't miss and removes the buffs I want it to remove :D

And you're welcome Joyce xD