ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Charm Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/)
-   -   Question reguarding Prima stats (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/116165-question-reguarding-prima-stats.html)

PastelRabbit 08-17-2012 08:55 PM

Question reguarding Prima stats

I'm planning on making a 3124 Prima. I've seen a lot of pure AP Primas, and have played a pure AP Diva, but I find it's a bit pointless going pure AP when AP can be readily made up for with EQs.

So I've been bouncing back and forth between pure HV and pure HP. Which is more suggested? Would a pure HP Prima be a shitty choice to go?

PrettyUglyFox 08-17-2012 09:01 PM

Is this for PvM or PvP?

Sakurah 08-17-2012 09:54 PM

^- What she asked.

If you're doing the PvM route, I'd recommend pure HV. If PvP, pure HP would probably be a better idea (I wouldn't know more outside of this as I don't PvP).

As for the pure HP idea for the PvM route, it's not really a bad choice as HP is one of the factors to Siren Song's strength. But as you have Volley Kick and Two-Hit Combo, you'll probably want HV to bolster those. For equips, you'll probably want to balance HV and AP.

PastelRabbit 08-17-2012 11:15 PM

Aha, I knew I was forgetting something. She's for PvM. Technically she's just to dress up and look pretty, but I'd like some functionality, haha

So it sounds like HV is the best/safer way to go.

Valese 08-18-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastelRabbit (Post 1759790)
Aha, I knew I was forgetting something. She's for PvM. Technically she's just to dress up and look pretty, but I'd like some functionality, haha

So it sounds like HV is the best/safer way to go.

Can never have enough HV :3

Just make sure you have a nice HP shield with maybe a head accessory & mask that are also comped HP. Rest all HV, and you should do fine.

No need to worry much about AP as you can get all you need from a Boss Unique (Tenter or Odinea) or an Altiverse sword, depending on the level you aim for.

Nikeos 08-18-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastelRabbit (Post 1759774)
II find it's a bit pointless going pure AP when AP can be readily made up for with EQs.

A lot of Primas are pure AP because Evolution only works off of base AP, so it's not exactly pointless.

If you're not interested in using Evolution, I'd probably just go pure HV.

Valese 08-18-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikeos (Post 1759807)
A lot of Primas are pure AP because Evolution only works off of base AP, so it's not exactly pointless.

If you're not interested in using Evolution, I'd probably just go pure HV.

That was why a lot of Primadonna's were going pure AP years ago.. now they can just get a nice base AP weapon and refine it, put on attribute gear and use Evo, to grind I guess, since that's the only thing it's good for.

Besides, the only good AoE skill for Evo is mostly based on HV :3

PastelRabbit 08-18-2012 04:38 PM

I've only found Evo particularly useful while bossing (it just doesnt last long enough for my tastes), so I'd happily take a hit, stat-wise, there if it means boosting up my other skills.

Thank you everyone for your input, I'll be going pure HV.