ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Charm Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/)
-   -   Gambler or duke (http://ggftw.com/forum/charm-type/114242-gambler-duke.html)

Ellerd 06-26-2012 03:33 PM

Gambler or duke

Hello, I would like to ask what should i go on my coon a gambler or a duke?
i like to pvm alot but i go to pvp sometimes :3

Esper 06-26-2012 03:53 PM

I've played both and I've liked both. It really boils down to what kind of skills interest you. Ask yourself this question:
Quote:

"Do I want to gain Full House + Power Charging on Gambler for more AoE?"
"Do I want to gain Volley Kick + Sumo Suit for fast 1-on-1 and damage reduction?"
There are other good skills too but most people compare those skills when deciding. Definitely look at the other skills though.

Samaniego 06-26-2012 05:09 PM

Mainly..
Gambler = More Offensive
Duke = more Defensive
I have a gambler though
You should go to PvP and Evaluate the Dukes/Gamblers
To see the skills and Pro/Con's

Kaay 06-26-2012 05:30 PM

I would say both are awesome.
Duke personally is better for me.On PvE its do better since its the most defensive character on game,faster combos,well bossing and annoying on pvp.
Gambler is awesome to,better on grinding,more offensive,boss well.. but on high places like 60+ Floors on CT it have a hard time killing.

PvP Gambler is a little better since do more damage usually if go HP.And since HP is the best choice for PvP a HV Duke keep a little down comparing it to gambler...But its just a style of play I like I mentioned before prefer Duke but its up to you.

Volley Kick,Siren Song and Sumo Suit are away to cool xD.

Azumarill 06-27-2012 12:27 AM

I think Gambler is better.
Since I only play female characters I made a Diva, if I were a guy I'd make a Gambler for sure.

PRO/CON Gambler:
-They grind faster.
-FH/PC are both really good skills to use in PvP/GvG situations.
-Bulky since most will go HP.
-FH fails and you get damages.
-Need to carry lots of pots to keep up FH/PC full power.

PRO/CON Duke:
-Very good defense with sumo suit.
-In PvP/GvG situations, Rust wouldn't affect as much if you have very high HV.
HV also improves the Magic Melt down skill if you fight a mage.
-Doesn't have FH/PC (Which stuns), I find the AoE skunk version not so useful. In PvM/Boss you will hardly need it at all. In real PvP it is kinda a slow skill. In GvG people tend to spread out in the area...it is hard to land a hit on a mob... You'd still need to rely on basic skunk.
-Bad AoE skills. Only 2. And siren song isn't very good for grinding. In other words, you'll be slow grinder too.

-

In both cases, boss hunt wouldn't be a problem as long as you have a guardian that knows either Guard break or Shield Break.

Ellerd 06-27-2012 04:05 AM

thank you everyone!:)

closethreadplease:3

Queen 06-27-2012 06:54 AM

Siren Song is great for fiesta and CT 44, idk why everyone feels the need to shit on it. Must be people still haven't figured out how to use it.

/would link videos but on phone

Esper 06-27-2012 11:16 AM

In the past, my Siren Song was stronger than Power Charging. It's all about building the right amount of stats to hit high damages.

As for grinding purposes, the same can be said about Power Charging. All the AoE skills have a long CD. While PC is a surround AoE and Siren is a cone AoE, Siren has no control issues. You at least know where the AoE is going since you're choosing the target.

I use to chain combo Skunk Pouch + Deadly Funk. It made it impossible for anyone to do anything against me because I pretty much landed the skill 90% of the time.