ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Charm Type Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-17-2009   #21 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

The forest is a good bet. As a rule of thumb, you always want to be training where the enemies are higher level than you, and where you can (ideally) kill the monster in 1-2 hits. At lower levels this is a little bit more difficult, as most characters take a lot longer to kill the mobs, but do keep an eye on your Exp % bar. You should be getting at least .2% per hit, imho (in a party). If you're funded/have access to a pharoah set... I'd expect you to get ~1-2% per hit at level 35.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-21-2009   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

Hmm. Yeah, Mana Reflector is pretty costly to use in the lower levels. I kinda forgot about that. I mainly use it for PVP and bossing. If you wanna save yourself some MP, you could get some MD gear. I never compounded anything for MD, but my Wedding set from Gacha gives me around 1k MD, it's pretty nice. You could probably compound things for MD if you wanted to, but I'd think it'd be better if you just comped for AP and HV. You're gonna have to make up for your low damage primarily.

05-27-2009   #23 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Willing is an unknown quantity at this point

I am actually quite nervous right now. I did read in the Trickster wiki that impelling rage and super hips are for divas? I purposely made a diva for that. I am not sure what I should do however. If anyone can advise me here, I would love some help.

I broke my cat up into two, AP and HV. Right now, my HV is extremely low because I've been adding all bonus points to AP, however, I feel like I depend on HV much more than AP. I also mastered Evolution and Beast Claw and I was lured in by the looks of the transformation I feel like I have no use for the skill anymore and much rather spend the TM points on other skills. What do you think?

05-27-2009   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willing
I am actually quite nervous right now. I did read in the Trickster wiki that impelling rage and super hips are for divas? I purposely made a diva for that. I am not sure what I should do however. If anyone can advise me here, I would love some help.

I broke my cat up into two, AP and HV. Right now, my HV is extremely low because I've been adding all bonus points to AP, however, I feel like I depend on HV much more than AP. I also mastered Evolution and Beast Claw and I was lured in by the looks of the transformation I feel like I have no use for the skill anymore and much rather spend the TM points on other skills. What do you think?
Well, Impelling Rage is HP dependant and Super Hips just lets you dodge crits, which is pretty frikkin' awesome. But if you want an effective Impelling Rage, you should work on getting some good HP gear. As an AP/HV diva, you should be proficient with the card skills and High Kick (Volley Kick). But elements are still powerful if you can afford 'em.

05-27-2009   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart
Well, Impelling Rage is HP dependant and Super Hips just lets you dodge crits, which is pretty frikkin' awesome. But if you want an effective Impelling Rage, you should work on getting some good HP gear. As an AP/HV diva, you should be proficient with the card skills and High Kick (Volley Kick). But elements are still powerful if you can afford 'em.
I'm going to get some really good myshop gear and add HP and HV to them. A lot of them come with good AP power already anyway.

So out of curiousity, how do I add elements? I never knew

05-27-2009   #26 (permalink)
Willkommen im Märchenland
Games
Trickster OnlineBusiness Tycoon OnlineMetal Assault
Awards Facebook Fan

Drakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Drakii Send a message via MSN to Drakii
IGN: Drakii
Class: DP Diva! to_primadonna
Level: 380
Guild: Syndicate°

Elemental damage is added by compounding via Nate. The only prerequisite is that the item compounded has slots compoundable for elemental attributes, and that's usually weapons.

Die Wahrheit ist so schlicht und schön: Es kann nur in eine Richtung gehen. Es gibt nur einen Weg zu dir, er führt tiefer hinab!

05-28-2009   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Yeah, there are no MyShop compounds for elemental attributes yet, so you'd have to buy elemental stones from other players (expensive) or farm them from episode quests (a hassle). The ones that have 30-40% range with no level requirement are the ones I'm talking about. But yeah, you'd need alot of galder to buy 'em. Not to mention you'd need the Golden Sword and Golden Lion Shield from Tut. But yeah, that's just if you opt to go that route.

06-02-2009   #28 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Yeah, there are no MyShop compounds for elemental attributes yet, so you'd have to buy elemental stones from other players (expensive) or farm them from episode quests (a hassle). The ones that have 30-40% range with no level requirement are the ones I'm talking about. But yeah, you'd need alot of galder to buy 'em. Not to mention you'd need the Golden Sword and Golden Lion Shield from Tut. But yeah, that's just if you opt to go that route.
Hmm thanks for the advice. I'll probably stick with not buying the elemental attributes. I think I'll be doing well with HP/HV/AP

06-10-2009   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Elements are seriously not to be underestimated. -sl- They're well worth the investment. But yeah, I know it'll be a long time before you can afford 'em, but when you can, you should consider it. With a high enough elemental %, your normal attacks will outdamage all your skills and your cooltime will rely entirely on your DX (not saying you need to spend points on it or anything, I'm just saying that's how easy it is). My cat's High Kick damage is outdamaged by her elements. Two-Hit Comb>elements, but the MP cost is so heavy, it's better to just use elements most of the time. It also reverses the weaknesses of some monsters. Magic weak monsters will take more damage from elemental attributes than physical weak monsters will, but you can just use skills on them if you have to.

06-20-2009   #30 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

So, the skills that don't have anything with parentheses next to them are the ones you are supposed to master?

06-29-2009   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Well, in my builds, all the skills are supposed to be mastered unless they say "level 10" after them.

07-01-2009   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStory

Nakigahara is a jewel in the roughNakigahara is a jewel in the roughNakigahara is a jewel in the roughNakigahara is a jewel in the rough
IGN: ImShiawase
Class: Sheepie to_bard
Level: 11x/9x

Good job on the guide. It's really nice. One thing I like about this guide over the others is that this one shows you what the skills actually look like/do in-game.

*thumbs up*

Edit: I know you said that you haven't gotten it yet but do you know what Sharp Scream looks like? I'm really interested in that skill.

Last edited by Nakigahara; 07-01-2009 at 08:26 PM.

08-28-2009   #33 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

elicas is on a distinguished road

Hello , i hve question :S i was thinking about getting Siren Song till lvl 5 or 10 idk, in lvl 100 i'll have 10K in HP, im a pure AP kitty going to evo, i need siren song or not?? i know its pre-req of a evo skill but it will help me in PvM?? did i have the strenght of kill a monster with my siren song??? and i dont have Myshop acces so idk what to do because if i learn siren song some1 tell me that i wont get TM exp if i just mob the monster...

Another question XD wich skill is more helpfull to learn in early levels Shield All or Siren Song ( if i want siren song )... Because Shield all will help me to unlock Sumo Suit, because i have like 20 TM points left to learn Shield All and Evo right away...

Thnks

08-28-2009   #34 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Siren song really isn't useful unless you have lots of HP + DP. Since you're a pure AP kitty I wouldn't really suggest it, I'd get it to 5 if you want Sharp Scream, but at your discretion, since TM is a little tight in the early levels.
Because you said you were going to get Evo; I personally would get Shield All, but I'd get Sturdy Shield before Shield All (That is, if you don't already have it) and Shield all requires Mana Reflector.

I hope that helped? e_e

08-28-2009   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Thnks 4 the quick answer, and yes i have lvl 10 Sturdy Shield and lvl 10 Mana reflector so i will learn Shield All but afte Evo, because i wanna get evo and i wanna lvl up till 10 right away and after i get evo i'll learn Shield All, because right now i dont Party too much because bugbears parties are dead, no one party there anymore i can barely party there like 1 hour...

And since i dont have Myshop acces would u recommend me learn Fatal Wound or Sumo Suit first??

08-28-2009   #36 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

It depends on what monsters you train on. Remember that skills are considered physical attacks and won't deal much on physical resistant monsters.

If you plan to just melee with Evolution, get Sumo Suit to reduce the incoming physical + magical damage.

I'm surprised you asked the same question about Siren Song. If you want Sharp Scream, go ahead and learn level 5 Siren Song for it. I can't tell you how strong your Sharp Scream will be because we don't know your exact stats.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

Last edited by Esper; 08-28-2009 at 05:40 PM.

08-29-2009   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Definately get it to 5 for Sharp Scream. You won't be using Concert Tour much, but you'll definately be using Sharp Scream. I <3 eet so much. On a side note, the whole thing about Sumo Suit VS Mana Reflector is that Mana Reflector only requires Dodge Master (which every cat should have, anyway), but Sumo Suit requires a level 10 Sturdy Shield and (level 10) Shield All. I think that's fine and you should get Sumo Suit eventually, but Mana Reflector can tide you over until you have that much TM to spend. An AP cat's skill build is kinda tight if it's offensive-oriented.

08-29-2009   #38 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Quote:
Magic weak monsters will take more damage from elemental attributes than physical weak monsters will, but you can just use skills on them if you have to.
Its that true ?? so what ur saying its that i will do more damage with elemental atributes to a magic weak monster that a physical one??... interesting

I have a question why sometimes with my elemental atributes i do like 9K in bugbears and then suddenly changes to 7K ???

Thnks rhinehart 4 the answer, but like i dont have myshop i'll follow the defense path, because like i do not have too much WT ( 4114 pure ap ) the monster do to me like 1K - 3K , so i have to spend SO many pots and like in snowhill factory only sell 1K potions , not like they used to ¬¬' i use like 3 potions in a row :S so ill learn sumos suit and then i'll learn raging nail and then i'll see what skill i'll learn Sharp Scream or 2 hit combo...

Rhinehart could u upload a picture or a video of all the new skill that u have learned?? because the AP cat video in youtube dont have too many skill of 3rd job :S, i would love to see how is siren song or Sharp Scream

Thnks !!

08-29-2009   #39 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

The reason you deal more damage is because elemental attributes are considered magic attack. Therefor it deals more damage to magic weak monsters.
It's also the reason why your damage sucks when you attack a monster that has the status of "Physical Weak / Magic Protect." They cancel out your damage and means you have to use skills to kill them.

When you said 9k and then 7k, do you mean that as a crit? If those two values are crit, then there is a reason. It is said that AC determines our highest and lowest crit damage. That is what is happening to your attack. You will have a range of between 7k - 9k when attacking monsters.

2 hit Combo isn't a good grinding skill. The reason is the action cast time and then the cooldown. It's a complete overkill on a monster that probably only has 10k HP.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

08-29-2009   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicas
Its that true ?? so what ur saying its that i will do more damage with elemental atributes to a magic weak monster that a physical one??... interesting

I have a question why sometimes with my elemental atributes i do like 9K in bugbears and then suddenly changes to 7K ???

Thnks rhinehart 4 the answer, but like i dont have myshop i'll follow the defense path, because like i do not have too much WT ( 4114 pure ap ) the monster do to me like 1K - 3K , so i have to spend SO many pots and like in snowhill factory only sell 1K potions , not like they used to ¬¬' i use like 3 potions in a row :S so ill learn sumos suit and then i'll learn raging nail and then i'll see what skill i'll learn Sharp Scream or 2 hit combo...

Rhinehart could u upload a picture or a video of all the new skill that u have learned?? because the AP cat video in youtube dont have too many skill of 3rd job :S, i would love to see how is siren song or Sharp Scream

Thnks !!
Now that you mention it, I don't even have any footage of Sharp Scream. Yeah, I'll get on that for ya.