ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Charm Type Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (52) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-12-2011   #81 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

There's nothing wrong with having Power Blow. I had mine mastered when I was still leveling up in the beginning levels.
In the end, you'll have enough TM points to learn all the skills that you need.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-13-2011   #82 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

arijuahni is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
There's nothing wrong with having Power Blow. I had mine mastered when I was still leveling up in the beginning levels.
In the end, you'll have enough TM points to learn all the skills that you need.
Oh Mirae, that's glad to hear. Thanks! ^^

09-25-2011   #83 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AyaChii is on a distinguished road

This guide has given me just the information I was looking for! My main is actually an AP Prima, but lately I've felt shes not as good as she could be, with Prima's not being "complete" (as I've seen a few people call them due to all their skills not being released as of yet... OTL). With that in mind I had decided to try out a Diva since I hear they are more complete and easier to manage since any direction you choose to go is more clear since they ARE more complete. I plan to use this guide to help out with any uncertainties I have on my new cat's way to becoming a Diva! ;D

12-15-2011   #84 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Evalyn Fior
Class: DRK/WAR
Guild: Excalibooty

I've been adding things here and there lately - I decided that the Skunks should not be optional and definitely NOT Lady Luck, so they're included in the build. I'll figure out the level requirement in a bit.

Skunk Pouch M
Deadly Funk M
Lady Luck M
Siren Song M Added ~

I'll include a small guide to the chaos tower maybe? With recommended stats and whatnot.

FFXIV NA Excalibur Evalyn Fior, DRK/WAR/MNK/LTW

02-04-2012   #85 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitara

[F1]

Training in TO has changed a lot. To train very well as a Diva, you must be able to get high HP values along with high DP values. Just buffing your DP with Shield All/Sturdy Shield won't always be enough to ohko with one of our most deadly and useful grinding AoEs... Siren Song. This is absolutely vital to fast grinding for a Diva in Fiesta. The ideal equipment build for a Diva is full-on HP compounding with HV where HP isn't applicable (helmets, some weapons, etc). You are not a champion or a Prima, stop acting like one. You will not get the full grinding potential out of your Diva without compounding for HP. Without further ado, I bring you your equipment and how to compound.
  • Hat Either try and get your hands on a good HV helmet or an in-game AP helmet will suffice if need be. You will be grinding using Volley Kick (VK), One Pair (OP), Impelling Rage (IR), and Siren Song (SS). You need the AP/HV to ohko with VK and OP. No, you don't have to be pure AP to make OP strong. I can deal easily over 100k damage to torrobies buffed. Once my guardian gets their hands on bosses, it's an easy 2-ko with OP and SS. Go for the HV, you get 50% more than the equipment due to Dodge Master.
  • Weapon Get something you can put either HP or HV on (HP preferred) and refine for as high as you can. I usually try to aim for at least 1k on a weapon if it's myshop, if you're using an altiverse or boss equip ALWAYS refine as high as possible to get the most out of that 5-star bonus, otherwise don't put too much effort into it (eg, my Card Master 240 Cane has 5xx base AP, I refined it to 9xx total AP and stopped, not worth wasting the repairs on a 3-star). An altiverse weapon with good AP base and HV will almost almost trump the utility of an HP weapon (to an extent)
  • Shield Refine refine refine! Aim for 1k+ DP on your shield at least. You have no idea the difference it will make in your DP until you refine your shield. I gained about 2k-3k DP buffed just by refining my shield to 6xx more DP. While HP affects the damage of SS, DP affects much, much more. Never neglect your DP. Again, always compound HP onto your shield. It's wise to have an HV shield for when you need the HV, but always prioritize HP.
  • Accessories I tend to get an HP and an HV one for the balance, but at higher levels (especially if you're pure HV) you'll want them both to be compounded for HP.
  • Innerwear This is where things get redundant, because you always want an HP/HV option for innerwear as well, but prioritize HP as grinding faster > extra few thousand damage on a boss. With guardians with Shield Breaks, bossing is no longer a concern for the charm type.
  • So... everything else Prioritize HP. Simple as that. IR will never ohko 100% of the time, but we can help decrease the chance that a mob will get off scotch free due to the awkward IR damage formula (Total HP, how full the HP is, how close the mob is, how far the mob was pushed). There's a lot of things that can allow a mob to survive, one mob hit a tree and didn't get pushed far enough, etc. The one thing you CAN guarantee though, is that you have HP. And a lot of it. So compound for that HP!

But... how do I boss now? I have almost 800 HV buffed from compounding HP to everything. I can two-shot Shield-Breaked Count with OP and SS in HP gear. Trust me, you'd rather have the grinding speed.
Edited equipment section.

I might modify the training section to include CT. I will either

A) Remove it completely and write in a new one based on CT/Fiesta leveling (with some questing of course)

B) Include two options, the old questing-based one and a new how-to-grind one.

I always want to take video of Diva's grinding in Fiesta to show how fast they can grind and how the exp rate is pretty damn good, but I don't know of any good free recording programs and all that stuff. If anyone wants to toss out any suggestions, very much appreciated.

omg did more things today /claps

Last edited by Queen; 02-04-2012 at 07:22 PM.

02-05-2012   #86 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaDragon Nest

Felicity85 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Felicity85,SeraphicCharm
Class: Acrobat
Guild: The~Dutch~Team*, Odyssey

Very nice guide was doubting if I will pick primadonna or diva for 3rd.

Thanks to the guide I will go for diva

02-07-2012   #87 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

Huge update? 8D More videos coming, if there's ANYTHING you guys want to see, post or pm me! Also, be sure to watch in full-screen :3

Last edited by Queen; 02-07-2012 at 06:38 PM.

02-07-2012   #88 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Hero is on a distinguished road
Class: all
Level: 18X~31X
Guild: Hero

good guide

I have 2 cats: Primadonna n Diva

bye

.MADHero . GuardianHero .. KosmiCat .. YuiHorie2 . . . NyxHeroGUN . VampireHero . Isoka
_ 29X ______ 31X _____ 27X ____ 23X _______ 28X _____ 21X ____20X
SoulHero . . . . HellHero . . . Evampire . . YuiHorie1 . . NewHeroGUN . . PirateHero
_ 22X ______ 22X _____ 22X ____ 18X _______20X ______ 21X
WitchHero . . . NeoHero
_ 18X ______21X_

02-08-2012   #89 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

aaand my other video finished uploading for you guys.

Doubt that a Diva can kill fast in fiesta too? Well, it turns out IR + Siren Song work pretty damn well. You can't really look at my experience gain, because I almost outlevel the first room by 20 levels, but being a Diva, you can survive in the second room (without being hit!), and the second room is less about ohkoing and more about dealing damage to everything as fast as possible.

02-08-2012   #90 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Arah your Diva's fashion is so drool!

Okay... Yea. Anyway nice updates! I was thinking of making a skill video showcase for my Duelist... Suck part? I can't 1HKO with Earthquake and/or Inferno without the Crits. Sorry for my rambling, but yea. (BTW my Fiesta is at Map 10, the "Oarkers". Their DX on the Grand Ball is stupidly insane that it kills me. Maybe you as a HP/HV/DP Diva can survive this, but I don't know...)

BTW how's your CM Roan pet/set? I'm aiming to pump my HP pet, but man I felt so dumb for spending to much Pts on other things w/o aiming for the box since I have a high chance of finishing the set... X_X;

02-09-2012   #91 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Drift CityMapleStoryPerfect WorldTrickster Online

ToxicDoll is on a distinguished road
IGN: Heartdrops
Class: Witch to_soulmaster

Great guide! c:

I have a question: How's Evo for grinding/questing? My kitty is 4114 AP/WT
and I had Evo in mind when I made her but IR and Siren Song seems to be
much more efficient, though I doubt I can stack enough HP/DP to have them
work well. Should I have gone with HP instead? Or HV? Or stopping putting in
AP?

02-09-2012   #92 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicDoll
Great guide! c:

I have a question: How's Evo for grinding/questing? My kitty is 4114 AP/WT
and I had Evo in mind when I made her but IR and Siren Song seems to be
much more efficient, though I doubt I can stack enough HP/DP to have them
work well. Should I have gone with HP instead? Or HV? Or stopping putting in
AP?
I have no idea, as a Diva can't use Evo to AoE (Sharp Scream is Prima only), and there's a LOT of pros to going to Skill/AoE route:
  • You will ALWAYS hit because you won't get blocked
  • ^ The only "con" to the above is that the animation takes a second... better than waiting for 5 a hit to land!
  • You actually need about 20k less HP than me to do well in Swamp, and only 30-40k to do well in Rose Fiesta. Not *too* hard but for some, it can be difficult
  • To make Siren Song work, get all the HP you can (HP helps but isn't as good as DP), and get a refined boss unique, or something that can reach 800-900 DP. If you can't ohko, buff up. If you're using a lot of charm myshop, things will come with pretty high DP. I think I have either 5 or 6k DP and my only "DP" equip is my 1.3k DP shield
  • Cons to Evo - you will only be good at grinding for the time Evo is up. The low DX *might* make up for the blocks, but it will always be slower

I'd like to stress that IR takes practice! It's not only affected by how much/how full your AP is, but how close they are to you and how for you push them. You can definitely see in my video some good IRs and some bad IRs, but Diva grinding isn't really about ohkoing (it's nice in the first room), but by the second room it's just about dealing damage fast and not dying (which we happen to be pretty good at)

If anything is unclear, let me know c:

aaaand also, Chaos Tower Video is uuuup!

The moral of the story here is - a Diva can be better at bossing than a champion (at least CT bossing) with a Guardian with Shield Breaker. Unless a Power is really haxed out (high DP, HP), I've heard of a lot of my buddies having trouble with this guy. People I know with stupid hax stats who are charms get help too because we lack the hard hits.

I bring you: the hard hits. The only downside is it costs like 4.6k MyShop for Cochma's Rune, but sooooo worth it.

@Mini - Comp HP! It'll improve your farting (there's always room to fail with the weird formula, by fail I mean leave something alive), and it'll improve your Siren in the background. I think Cats should go Diva, because Primas are just getting Evo skills (so much for being PvP oriented? Still just Wink and 2-Step they have) and the one good AoE for cats outside of Prima Sharp Scream is orientated towards Divas as Divas already want HP for IR.

Last edited by Queen; 02-09-2012 at 03:46 AM.

02-09-2012   #93 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

Is it possible to go with both Evo and Skill/AoE? Would the Skill/AoE path
be better for a pure HP/pure HV or would being AP/WT suffice? If I were to go
for a pure HP build, I don't have any weapon compoundable with HP. Also, I'm
not very funded, which was why I originally picked the AP/Evo route. Getting
blocked a few times in a row does getting annoying though.

02-09-2012   #94 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

You could, but your grinding would be slow because you might as well just be skilling the whole time.

Evo has no AoEs as this is a Diva guide. You can put HP on a shield/both accessores/inner/cape/pet. The AP/Evo route works better for a Prima for the exact reason why I made this video. People underestimate the ability of a Diva to rule PvE with the right gear. You could always just use Volley Kick and One Pair. You should ALWAYS be using Impelling Rage in fiesta because it's less about ohko-ing monsters when you use IR. However, I do suggest to be able to ohko (at least room one) with Siren Song. You are never expected to ohko in the second room.

Evo divas are somewhat pointless as the only good Evo skill (Sharp Scream, also in terms of PvE) is Prima-only.

Basically, the whole reason of doing Diva over Prima is...
+ Card Skills
+ Impelling Rage for AoE
+ More usability of Siren Song as it compliments Divas (who want HP, whereas Prima's don't need HP for skills) who have IR
+ Super Hips

I'd like to stress I'm not pure HP and before I used my raccoon set I only had 43k HP. Before that only 35k HP. I had 35k HP for like 40 levels, 45k HP for 30 levels.

Last edited by Queen; 02-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.

02-09-2012   #95 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

I think I'll go with the Skill/AoE route. Do you think I should remake into
pure HV? I'm at 96 right now, and if I start putting points into HV, I'd be
losing about 24 HV. If I calculated that right.

My reason for going Diva is for Card Skills. One Pair's animation to be exact.

02-09-2012   #96 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

I love one pair, it's always most of the reason I went Diva 8D Then I got way into Charm-nerding out balancing AP/HP/HV and it all went downhill from there.

The Pros to going pure HV is basically needing less HV from compounds. All the AP I get is from my weapon, and I know most Divas/Gamblers (at least those that I know) tend to go that route. In going Pure HV, I can get a High HV value without having to compound for it. As a result, compounding everything but Hat+Pet with HV, I can get 63k HP and 800 HV buffed. This way, I can survive easily in the second room of Fiesta, as they just can't even hit me.

You can always have an AP set on hand if you're feeling lazy.

Either is good, there's the misconception that only Pure APs can make Card Skills good, but I can hit 100k OPs on Torobbies (higher than the video, I retempered some gears) and I average about 60k+ Crits. You'd really sacrifice being able to melee going the skill route, but I find it much more engaging in terms of grinding in Fiesta, and watching everything die around me is pretty fun.

24 HV isn't much, it's ~36 HV buffed. Gear can fall into your lap if you're lucky. If you can't quite ohko things with Siren, it's alright, as it's pretty weak for mobs around your level unless you buff up your DP, and that's another buff to keep up but I'd say the kill speed is worth it.

I got 40% in 10 minutes in Swamp Fiesta when I was below level 230. It was awesome.

02-09-2012   #97 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games

And I just missed the Card Master Roan boxes :< My problem now is not having any
gear. All I've got is a crappy Cupcake Hammer, GLS, Mr. Pig SE, Sassy Shades, and a
Bard Amelie cape with a bit of HV. But I'll settle for that until something better comes along.

Thanks a bunch Jitara!
+rep~

02-09-2012   #98 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

no problem! There's still cat boxes coming out (if you're a myshop spender), and even if you aren't, a few nice HP gears can go a long way. Maybe not to level 300 (easily), but you should need ~40k HP to ohko in fiesta well until level 260. With some decently comped gear, it's very reachable. I don't want people to think you have to be omghax from my videos either, I'm overkilling the slimes by around 6-7k with SS which is a LOT for Siren Song.

good luck with your diva!

02-09-2012   #99 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

Very nice guild but the main problem I am having right now, well two actually:
1: HV or HP! It seems better to get HV because then you can comp HP gears but then again it seems better to be HP... I really don't know.
2: What should the build be? My friend said the default one is best instead of 4114.

02-10-2012   #100 (permalink)
~custom user title~
Special
Games

I like HV because I can get high HV without comping but... if I was pure HP I'd have 70k HP instead of 63k. It all comes down to preferences. I'd still have 7xx HV buuuut I just hit 800 HV and I'm pretty happy with my current balance.

I'm 1144 Pure HV and I love it. Again, build all comes down to preference. Divas use a lot of MP pots at the cost of being able to fiesta really well (both AoEs are over 300 MP each).

Definitely not 4114 for the build is all I have to say. From there, you can chose from 3124, 2134, and if you like something a bit different (for Divas), 1144 can also work.