ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Charm Type Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (7) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-16-2009   7 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

ChaosCard is on a distinguished road
IGN: ChaosCard
Class: Card Master to_raccoon
Level: 132
Guild: Proud Leader of Eternal Sacrifice
Default ChaosCard's HV Metamorphosis Raccoon Guide

----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
HV Meta Raccoon|
----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Currently seeking tips from guide writers that want to give me tips on how to make it more organized and etc.
And I'm seeking tips for HV Meta Raccoons or just say what your experience is with them

Keep in mind that my guide is NOT finished yet and is in the process in being updated daily...
I have a life too ya know >.>

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Index\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

1. Why be a HV Raccoon?
2. Build
3. Skill Build
4. Why this Skill Learned/Mastered?
5. Leveling Guide
6. Equipment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why be a HV Raccoon?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm making this guide to all HV Raccoons AND AP Raccoons because on a day those AP Raccoons will finnaly understand that HV is more efficient towards a Raccoon than AP allocation >.>
And some people don't know what the formula is of HV towards AC in PvM:
AC to hit 100%= HV x 2.5
I don't know sure for PvP (Can someone please clarify this for me?) But I know for sure that it is nerfed in GvG (BOO!!) You can't dodge (HV) nor Block (LK) your opponent can 100% hit you NO MATTER WHAT!!!
That's the formula, I know... It's really much isn't it?
The game isn't all about KILL KILL KILL!!!
You must also have a defensive side of your character
HV has that, It has a skill that ups the HV and it has a skill that is HV Based
And with HV you can dodge attacks, and of course... Know the moves to get a beautiful kitty charmed... xD

^^^^^^
Build
^^^^^^

3124:

Comment: My build! This is my favorite build because you have decent WT and LK and fair AP! You’ll really love this build!

Pros: You have some LK for the criticals and enough pots with you and you’ll deal decent damage!

Cons: Less AP than 4114 but you won’t really need the AP only really in the low levels.

Rate: 10/10

4114:

Comment: This is the “Golem Build”! You’ll have the most AP of all builds and your LK will increase every 16 levels by 1 and your WT will increase by 80 every 4 levels this looks like much but it isn’t your LK and WT will really suck!

Pros: Most AP, not really needed when you get Metamorphis and Wild Nail.

Cons: Least WT and LK those status will really suck especially LK because your LK will increase by 1 every 16 levels.

Rate: 7/10

1144:

Comment: This is the “Tank Build”! because you will have most LK you will be blocking most attacks combined with your HV it will be really hard to hit you!
But your AP really, I mean really suck but it’s not really needed.
I like it more than the 4114 tough because you will block and dodge
almost all attacks and you actually don’t really need the AP anymore when you get Metamorphis and Wild Nail but you will use other skills as well.
Takes like 1 minute to take your opponent out on high levels because of your low AP, AC and DX
Choose this build if you’re really patient or have the money for Myshop equips!

Pros: You will be blocking most of the attacks combined with your HV will be really hard to hit you! Rally much WT.

Cons: Almost no AP whatsoever almost no damage, you will almost always miss with your attacks because lack off
AC and you’ll really attack slow because you have high DX.

Rate: 8/10

2134:

Comment: The “Turtle Build”! You’ll be defending yourself in your shell until the time is right to attack with closed eyes, what I mean is you almost have no AC to even hit your opponent, and don’t deal enough damage to even 10HKO him. Will take a while with your AP, AC and DX to take a monster out

Pros: More LK to have more critical probability and more WT to carry more stuff

Cons: AP, AC and DX will suffer, takes like 30 seconds to take out a monster on high levels

Rate: 7.75/10

^^^^^^^^^^^
Skill Build
^^^^^^^^^^^

1st Job Teacher

Dodge Master Lv. 7
<Save TM points until TM 20>
Galder Throw Lv. M.
Dodge Master Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 45>
Physical Training Lv. 10

2nd Job Card Master

Card Strike Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 55>
Super Hips
Physical Training Lv. M.
Mana Reflector Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 100>
Impelling Rage Lv. 7
<Save TM points until TM 115>
Metamorphis Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 125>
Wild Nail Lv. M.
One Pair Lv. M.
Impelling Rage Lv. 10

3rd Job Gambler

Skunk Pouch Lv. 4
<Save TM points until TM 160>
Lady Luck Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 170>
Card Soldier Lv. M.
Power Charging Lv. M.
Skunk Pouch Lv. 10
Full House Lv. M.
Magic Meltdown Lv. M.
Strudy Shield Lv. M.
Shield All Lv. M.
Skunk Pouch Lv. M.
Bodyguard Lv. M.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Leveling Guide
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lv. 1-12 Go and do the tutorial some people say it's a waste of time but it's not you get a pet that gives 2+DP and 1+LK and a skill that deals fixed damage (85 damage), After that go talk to the clerk just to the right of the teleportation service and follow her quest (takes you to Lv. 10-12), talk with Blacksmith Marx and answer: 1st: Ores ; 2nd: MA, and get 5x bronze gemstones, after you've done the episode quest you can go on to bean that is the bath master(?) it's to the right of Blooming Cora. Get a long nice chat with him, after some talking if you can run an errand for him to the girl Tinny, go and talk with her to get some exp.

Lv. 12-15
For now just do the monster quests till Lv. 14
Go and do Lifeguard Deen's quest on Lv. 14 you need to collect 9x Duck paws in total (3x Duck paws you can do the quest 3x so 9x needed)

Lv. 15-20
Now go and do the quests of Driller Marky you even get a Basic Drill from him ^^ how nice~ he says to drill for 2 Tanning Oils and also accept the quest of Don, he requests an empty potion and an Oasis water, you need to drill for both of them but you can buy the Empty potion at Paradise shop, after all that hassle, go and talk with Mr. Black (I gave him that name for a reason... because he's in black, lol) Go and comp that Dessert Potion, if you're afraid that it will fail, ask a high leveled friend/person that has enough DA to do it for you.
After that he will ask you to mature compound your Life Vest that you've gotten from episode 0 chapter 1, again, if you want a good mature compound ask a high leveled friend/person with high enough LK to compound it for you (If you're stuck there because you forgot to take out your Life Vest, delete the quest: open the window of "Quest" by pressing Q and get to the tab "Story Quests" and press the Red X so you'll cancel the quest after you compounded it. Talk with him again and say yes, you'll get some exp from him. After that get back to Mr. Black and accept the quest to refine the wooden sword remember the Blacksmith from Cora that gave you 5x Bronze gemstones? now, that's darn handy! you need 7 bronze gemstones so 2 more to go! go to the mines and drill out those 2 bronze gemstones yes that's right GEMSTONES not High/Med/Low Qual. Bronze or just Bronze you need bronze GEMSTONES ,get that? Now go to Blacksmith Marx and accept the quest of him it maybe you will fail comping the Wooden Sword, but you have a fair high chance that it will get refined (this time you don't need to call a person or your friend (YAY!) the chances are the same here)

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Equipment
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lv. 10 If you want you can buy a Don Cavalier's Baloon (pet) and a Smooth Black Sword but I don't really recommend it as you level really quickly to 20, And you got the Duck Set ^^

Lv. 20: I recommend to buy a Strong/Ult. Bokken/Knife/Shield/Helmet, If you can comp the Ult/Strong Helmet with AP or HV (whatever you want, but I recommend AP as you don't really need the HV now and the monsters don't have much AC), For now keep th Duck Set.

Lv. 35: I highly recommend to buy a Golden Sword (comp'd with Soil Attr.) and a Golden Lion Shield (comp'd with Dark Attr.). Keep your Ult/Strong AP/HV Helmet of Lv. 20, the Pharaoh Hat is a waste of money, as it not really gives any good stats (except for AC and LK but your not a Dragon/Lion are you?) If you're not rich just buy the equips from the shop in megapolis, keep the Ult/Strong AP/HV Helmet

Lv. 50: Keep your GS and GLS and buy an Ult. Steel Helmet, equip your best LK equips and comp your Ult. Steel Helmet with Jackstones (or let your a friend/person with high LK do it for you) Also, buy a Cherry Blossom Fortune with 200+ AP(You have enough HV to dodge some attacks and you don't need the HV right now anyway), It costs 500K~ but it's worth it.
Comp your Aquamarine Pendant in HV/AP I chosen HV you need some HV now, they have moderate AC.
(For Myshop users) Buy a Cat Mask and a Hot pot from Myshop and comp both with HV.

Lv. 60: (For Myshop users) If you have Myshop I recommend to Gacha, Gacha an Active Sword, Active Shield, Active Helmet, and optional for pet (he's hard to get) And snatch some Knight's Chest Armor (they're timed for 15 days). Comp the Active Sword with Light Attr., Comp the Helmet,Shield and Chest Armor with HV.

All this stuff will come soon and I’m thinking off making more sub-titles if you guys have an idea post it please and I maybe will include it in my guide the next time that it will be updated!

================================================== =============
Enjoy The Guide for now!!!
================================================== =============

Last edited by ChaosCard; 05-02-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-16-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Edit:

April 16 2009: Posted the guide
April 17 2009: Fixed some grammar and make the text go to the left, edited 1st and 2nd Job skills, added some art, added some explanation to HV Meta Raccoons
April 18 2009: Added 3rd Job skills, added the leveling Guide from Lv. 1 until Lv. 20, a few sentences added, added Currently buying section.
April 19 2009: Fixed many grammar/spelling errors, added Card Soldier formula according jWiki
April 30 2009: Added Equipment Guide from Lv. 1-60, Adjusted some things here and there

Last edited by ChaosCard; 04-30-2009 at 05:02 AM.

04-16-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Currently being used as a Tip of The Week section

Tips:

Answer someone's question/request!

GOD-DAMN IT!!! I just can't stress this out enough, ANSWERS SOMEONE EASY LITTLE QUESTION/REQUEST!!!
I just HATE people that just stupidly don't answer someone's question and walk away GOD-DAMN IT ANSWER THAT EASY QUESTION OR REQUEST!!! It's better if you do that, because if you don't do that he thinks that he's just a sore loser but he isn't, BUT HE IS THINKING IT because he thinks he asked a stupid question!!! If you don't want to answer then just say "I don't know, sorry" that makes him not a loser but maybe a friendlier person, yes I know it sounds weird but IT'S TRUE!!! So please answer someone's question.

By: ... Me! xD

Look at the Party Bulletin now and then!

Look often at the Party Bulletin because you maybe find someone that's buying something that is "Junk" to you or you find someone that sells some good stuff for cheap maybe even you find someone that searches for a specific type for a Royal Party (maybe that's you!) so check it everytime

By: ... Me! xD

Formula Card Soldier:

[] SAMONOBUNAITSU TMLv: 170/Point: 6 / premise: MYUTEISHON Lv11 †

Physical type. Available only during metamorphosis.
Card to summon the soldiers to consume a piece of blank cards in inventory, damage to the enemy.
Soldiers of the card's attack by a number of different cards.
Number will appear as big as they rise in the number of levels.

Item must master skills: 5 PAPURUWAMUKADO
Master skills needed TMPoint: 4
Skills Card: Quest for the occult arts of magic master
Rank Lv MP summoned magnification power consumption KURUTAIMU
Lv1 400 4.0s 243% 0.20 2 ~ 5
Lv2 430 4.0s 267% 0.22 2 ~ 5
Lv3 460 4.0s 302% 0.24 2 ~ 6
Lv4 490 4.0s 339% 0.26 3 ~ 6
Lv5 520 4.0s 378% 0.28 3 ~ 7
Lv6 550 4.0s 405% 0.30 3 ~ 7
Lv7 580 4.0s 460% 0.32 4 ~ 8
Lv8 610 4.0s 489% 0.34 4 ~ 8
Lv9 640 4.0s 534% 0.36 4 ~ 9
Lv10 670 4.0s 598% 0.38 5 ~ 10
Master 820 4.0s 792% 0.44 6 ~ A

* SAMONOBUNAITSU attack power = (power attack + avoid power × 8) × magnification × (Rank +0.6) ※ fraction Truncate
o "Rank" means that the number of cards.
o J = 11, Q = 12, K = 13, A = 14 and.
* Can be exercised only when MYUTEISHON
* Consumption of the card is a blank sheet.
* The type of skills to select a single attack.
* Long-distance attacks. From a distance as they can attack skill levels.
* Take a long time to fires. Moment of invocation to summon the soldiers to the consumption of the card blank card. When this hit the target mark.
o take a long time to put the attack to summon the soldiers from the card. Can do for the other attacks during that period.
The effect of MYUTEISHON and off until the attacks hit the target from the soldiers of the card is summoned, appear not to damage the status of the transformation.
Thus, calculation of the damage could be done at the moment the attacks hit.

I just copied this from the jWiki and translated it to English with Google translator this is what came out. Enjoy!

Mirae's translation (credit goes to Mirae):
Summon Soldier TMLv: 170/Point: 6 / Pre-Requisite: Metamorphosis Lv. 11(Lv. M) ((MYUTEISHON = Mutation = Metamorphosis (Japanese Skill Name)) Again, credit goes to Drakii for this extra information)

Item must master skills: 5 Purple Worm Card
Rank Lv MP summoned magnification power consumption KURUTAIMU <- No idea. ((KURUTAIMU = Cool Time)Credit goes to Drakii for translation of this word)

Summon Soldier Attack Power = (AP + HV × 8) × mag × (Rank +0.6)

※ fraction Truncate <-I'm guessing it's saying that after you calculate the above equation you truncate the number to get the value.

"Rank" means that the number of cards. [ J = 11, Q = 12, K = 13, A = 14 ]

Consumes an Empty Card

The type of skills to select a single attack. [ Long-distance attack ]

Cast time takes a while before damage is actually dealt

The effect of Metamorphosis and off until the attacks hit the target from the soldiers of the card is summoned, appear not to damage the status of the transformation.

Last edited by ChaosCard; 05-23-2009 at 02:48 AM.

04-16-2009   #4 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Personally I hate guides that are all centered since it's a little weird. You should make it normal with indents when necessary.

There are also big gaps which is unappealing. Fix the grammar when you have time as well since you created quite a few weird sentences without periods/commas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCard
2134:

Comment: The “Turtle Build”! You’ll be defending yourself in your shell until the time is right to attack with closed eyes, what I mean is you almost have no AC to even hit your opponent and almost don’t hit him, and don’t deal enough damage to even 10HKO him. Will take 30 seconds with your AP, AC and DX to take a monster out
You don't need high AC to hit every monster. While grinding, AC is used to determine the max crit rate damage you can deal. DX already grows at a slow pace, even with a 3124 so it makes no difference. [ plus at low levels, it feels like everyone is attacking at the same speed ]

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

04-18-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

pooshooter is on a distinguished road
IGN: DarkDye - Protection
Class: Mercenary - Gambler to_mercenary
Level: 18x - 15x
Guild: Retribution°

I heard that the skill Summon Card Soldier wasn't all that good, could you explain the skill? and is heavy hit worth getting?

04-18-2009   #6 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooshooter
I heard that the skill Summon Card Soldier wasn't all that good, could you explain the skill? and is heavy hit worth getting?
I've only seen the damage in pvp, but some players have used Summon Soldier and done up to 20k+. With pvp having players with higher DP and what not, the damage will be higher in pvm.
You need to be in Meta to use Summon Soldier and at mastered it will randomly generate a certain card number. If you get high cards [ jack, queen, king, and ace ], your damage will be high. Low cards will produce low numbers. Personally I don't even know if you can hit low number cards since I don't own a gambler.

I heard Heavy Hit was the crappiest attack. I mean it's good since it's another skill for when you are in Meta form going between Wild Nail and Summon. One thing you should consider though, most people do no grind with Meta since it increases HV. People rather melee with elementals now a days.

Quote:
I'm making this guide to all HV Raccoons AND AP Raccoons because on a day those AP Raccoons will finally understand that HV is more efficient towards a Raccoon than that AP allocation >.>

I don't know sure for PvP (Can someone please clarify this for me?) But I know for sure that it is nerfed in GvG (BOO!!) You can't dodge (HV) nor Block (LK). Your opponent can 100% hit you NO MATTER WHAT!!!
That's the formula I know... It's really much isn't it?
HV has that, it has a skill that ups the HV, and it has a skill that is HV based
And with HV you can dodge attacks, and of course... Know the moves to get a beautiful kitty charmed... xD
<-- Try to figure out a way to make it not sound like a run on...

Comment: This is the “Tank Build”! because you will have most LK. You will be blocking most attacks combined with your HV, which will make it really hard to hit you!
But your AP really, I mean really suck but it’s not really needed. <-- Weird sentence structure.
I like it more than the 4114 tough because you will block and dodge almost all attacks and you actually don’t really need the AP anymore when you get Metamorphis and Wild Nail but you will use other skills as well. <-- Run on sentence.

Cons: Almost no AP whatsoever / almost no damage. You will almost always miss with your attacks because lack off AC and you’ll really attack slow because you have high DX.

Comment: The “Turtle Build”! You’ll be defending yourself in your shell until the time is right to attack with closed eyes. What I mean is you almost have no AC to even hit your opponent, and don’t deal enough damage to even 10HKO him. Will take a while with your AP, AC and DX to take a monster out

Card Strike Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 55>
Super Hips
Physical Training Lv. M.
Mana Reflector Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 100>
Impelling Rage Lv. 7
<Save TM points until TM 115>
Metamorphis Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 125>
Wild Nail Lv. M.
One Pair Lv. M.
Impelling Rage Lv. 10

Personally I would put off learning Mana Reflector since you aren't even training on monsters that deal magic attacks yet. You should master Impelling Rage first since mastering Meta now is pointless without skills. Mastering Impelling Rage also gives you the chance of probably 1hkoing monsters if you have the minimum HP.

You should probably learn One Pair before Meta as well since it's another skill that helps in grinding. If you checked Meta's cool down, there is quite a time gap and you don't even have any decent skills with your path.

3rd Job Gambler

Skunk Pouch Lv. 4
<Save TM points until TM 160>
Lady Luck Lv. M.
<Save TM points until TM 170>
Card Soldier Lv. M.
Skunk Pouch Lv. 10
Full House Lv. M.
Power Charging Lv. M.
Sturdy Shield Lv. M.
Shield All Lv. M.
Magic Meltdown Lv. M.
Skunk Pouch Lv. M.
Bodyguard Lv. M.

It's weird how you randomly throw in these skills that aren't needed. You won't be skunking monsters since it's a waste of time and if you wanted to learn skunk, it should have been the time when you were killing Don for the Episode quest.
Everything in BOLD means that you had either grammatical errors or spelling errors. Anything with <-- means it was a confusing structure. Stikes meant it shouldn't be there.

I also put my opinions about the skill order within the quote. I just did some basic edits that would make easier and better for people to read.
There are times where you just randomly decided to press enter when the sentence should have been continued and that was really annoying to me as well.
Also in the "Why be a HV Raccoon" section, you should probably space it out instead of having this weird looking info about whatever came to your mind that would go under that category
PS: I didn't do all this to piss you off or anything, I'm just trying to help you make a better guide for readers to read it easier.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

Last edited by Esper; 04-18-2009 at 09:55 PM.

04-18-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Thank you! oh, and I will post the formula of Card soldier
The formula is great!
But you have to be in Meta form, that will lower your AP >.>
But will heighten your HV

Oh and by the way, If you check it you will learn and master Meta first and then when you get TM 125 you will learn and master One Pair and Wild Nail at the same time.
So I posted the order it as it is in the Wiki (Looks more organized)

@ pooshooter: Like Mirae said, Heavy Hit isn't worth getting, you could learn it in the future as a prerequisite for a skill that's coming
Heavy Hit is really weak compared to other 1:1 skills

@ Mirae: I know you don't own a Gambler but you could hit high even with 6 as your card number (Thats the lowest number at master) If you have some decent equips you will hit high, You don't need to master Impelling Rage as it's also fine at Lv. 7 and then it gets to Lv. 10, you will hardly see monsters surrounding you as you will Card Strike them all. And Mana Reflector is useful at that level you will be at Caballa Relics-Mermaid Dungeon at either 2 you will have Magic monsters at Relics in the dungeon you will have many, and in Mermaid you will have Water Weed Witch to collect yourself 25 Sea Herbs and I heard they're really hard to find. Yes I know Skunk at master isn't really needed to master, but people will have really much spare TM points by that time, also Bodyguard will guard your team mates as your character is a tank at that level, you should combine Magic Meltdown with Mana Reflector, yes I know you will think "huh? why is that?" it's better because you will take even less damage, your level is also high enough that DP will increase by a lot and Shield All and Sturdy Shield will live at their full potential.

Mirae, Do you know how to post a picture of skill(s) in a post/guide? I tried it many times, at different ways and it didn't post a picture

Last edited by ChaosCard; 05-02-2009 at 02:57 PM.

04-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
Special
Games

Quote:
@ Mirae: I know you don't own a Gambler but you could hit high even with 6 as your card number (Thats the lowest number at master) If you have some decent equips you will hit high, You don't need to master Impelling Rage as it's also fine at Lv. 7 and then it gets to Lv. 10, you will hardly see monsters surrounding you as you will Card Strike them all. And Mana Reflector is useful at that level you will be at Caballa Relics-Mermaid Dungeon at either 2 you will have Magic monsters at Relics in the dungeon you will have many, and in Mermaid you will have Water Weed Witch to collect yourself 25 and I heard they're really hard to find. Yes I know Skunk at master isn't really needed to master, but people will have really much spare TM points by that time, also Bodyguard will guard your team mates as your character is a tank at that level, you should combine Magic Meltdown with Mana Reflector, yes I know you will think "huh? why is that?" it's better because you will take even less damage, your level is also high enough that DP will increase by a lot and Shield All and Sturdy Shield will live at their full potential.

Mirae, Do you know how to post a picture of skill(s) in a post/guide? I tried it many times, at different ways and it didn't post a picture
Most people do not bother casting Magic Meltdown on monsters because it's a waste of TM and the highest that most magic monsters do is 1k for an arrow. I only know that bosses cast Arrow Rush so that's a different issue.

Quite a few high level charms actually have pretty low DP. Anyone without high DP refined hat/shield can only reach around 2.5k and people with decent DP refined gears can probably reach 4k. This is already using the shield skills and when I grind, I rarely see people use it.
DP does reduce the damage in pvm but it's pointless to focus on DP with Super Hip activated when you use Dodge. Only time a gambler would focus on DP is when they decide to pvp and want to reduce the Full House recoil.
If you want to input images, you should usephotobucket to upload your images and then just copy the files img url that they give you.

04-20-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

pooshooter is on a distinguished road
IGN: DarkDye - Protection
Class: Mercenary - Gambler to_mercenary
Level: 18x - 15x
Guild: Retribution°

Is it possible to post up a picture of Summon Card Soldier, Also I'd Love to see the formula of the skill.

04-20-2009   #10 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

^ Few people actually have the skill. The few that I knew, deleted it when we got free Master's.
====================
Anyhow, here I go.

Mirae got most of my job covered, so I can keep this short and sweet. It's good, in the build part, you seem to be a little biased, I'm not, but that's just me. It's nice and clean, may not be the best guide in this day and age (since few people get Metamorphosis), but it's still good none-the-less. Who knows, we might get a good Meta. skill soon!

It passes. I'll get your title spelled right too...

04-20-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I posted the formula but it's not translated, If someone can translate it to normal/good English, please translate it to normal English then, Thank you!

Will do my best to translate it.

04-20-2009   #12 (permalink)
Special
Games

Summon Soldier TMLv: 170/Point: 6 / Pre-Requisite: Metamorphosis Lv11

Item must master skills: 5 Purple Worm Card
Rank Lv MP summoned magnification power consumption KURUTAIMU <- No idea.

Summon Soldier Attack Power = (AP + HV × 8) × mag × (Rank +0.6)
※ fraction Truncate <-I'm guessing it's saying that after you calculate the above equation you truncate the number to get the value.

"Rank" means that the number of cards. [ J = 11, Q = 12, K = 13, A = 14 ]

Consumes an Empty Card

The type of skills to select a single attack. [ Long-distance attack ]

Cast time takes a while before damage is actually dealt

The effect of Metamorphosis and off until the attacks hit the target from the soldiers of the card is summoned, appear not to damage the status of the transformation.
^ This is literally gibberish to me...using translators does that a lot. x.x
This is the best I could translate everything into proper english.

Last edited by Esper; 04-20-2009 at 11:30 PM.

04-20-2009   #13 (permalink)
Willkommen im Märchenland
Games
Trickster OnlineBusiness Tycoon OnlineMetal Assault

Drakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond reputeDrakii has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Drakii Send a message via MSN to Drakii
IGN: Drakii
Class: DP Diva! to_primadonna
Level: 380
Guild: Syndicate°

KURUTAIMU = Cool Time
MYUTEISHON = Mutation = Metamorphosis (Japanese Skill Name)

Die Wahrheit ist so schlicht und schön: Es kann nur in eine Richtung gehen. Es gibt nur einen Weg zu dir, er führt tiefer hinab!

04-30-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I think you should say what truncate means O.o
I even don't know what you mean xD
What does truncate the number mean?

04-30-2009   #15 (permalink)
Special
Games

Quote:
I think you should say what truncate means O.o
I even don't know what you mean xD
What does truncate the number mean?
Truncate means to shorten (a number) by dropping a digit or digits. For example, the numbers 1.4142 and 1.4987 can both be truncated to 1.4

05-05-2009   #16 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

It's a good start.

Quote:
I'm making this guide to all HV Raccoons AND AP Raccoons because on a day those AP Raccoons will finnaly understand that HV is more efficient towards a Raccoon than AP allocation >.>
And some people don't know what the formula is of HV towards AC in PvM:
AC to hit 100%= HV x 2.5
I don't know sure for PvP (Can someone please clarify this for me?) But I know for sure that it is nerfed in GvG (BOO!!) You can't dodge (HV) nor Block (LK) your opponent can 100% hit you NO MATTER WHAT!!!
That's the formula, I know... It's really much isn't it?
HV has that, It has a skill that ups the HV and it has a skill that is HV Based
You should work on your justifications. Just by saying HV makes you dodge a lot wouldn't persuade me to go pure HV, and no monsters hit 100% in PvM anyways, even if you have a 1 in charm. A better explanation would note that more HV decreases your enemy's hit rate drastically in PvM, and increases the effectiveness of your Mana Reflector. A great explanation will answer these questions.
  • Why should I go pure HV? Don't I sacrifice a lot of melee damage to go HV? (eg. putting points in HV instead of AP)
  • Doesn't Card Strike's formula do more damage for a pure AP coon rather than a pure HV coon (even if both coons have dodgemaster on)? If Trickster is all about "KILL KILL KILL" then wouldn't pure AP be better?
  • Does a pure HV coon survive for longer than a pure HP coon? The HP coon has the advantage of being able to put out high damage for Impelling/PC, and can survive for much longer in bosses.
  • When would Meta be useful for a raccoon? The damage for Wild Nail is good for an HV coon, but... you'd save yourself a lot of trouble if you went pure AP and went melee, right? Your damage might even be higher?
Otherwise, the guide is okay, not great. In terms of formatting, try changing the colors of your headings, and right-justifying them in bold, large font (see the WHERE 2 TRAIN (in Trickster) link in my signature). For your build graph discussion, the 1144, 4114, etc. could be a little bigger, and bolded (even center-justified). I also like putting lengthy explanations in spoilers to improve the flow of the guide.

05-23-2009   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Sorry for not updating it for a long time, sticked to my DS for 2 weeks and didn't play ever since...
I will change my "Why to be a HV Raccoon" section according badna0's tips.

And will try to make the guide be completed as quick as possible.

Last edited by ChaosCard; 05-23-2009 at 02:25 AM.