ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Cabal Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/cabal-online/)
-   -   Cabal Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/cabal-online/1455-cabal-online.html)

Konvay 06-23-2008 09:02 AM

Cabal Online

Just checking the interest level of Cabal. I have a level 70 warrior on Venus server. IGN is Kinetics, leader of Amaranth.

Kudaranai 06-23-2008 09:21 AM

I played it and I sorta quit after my graphic card went wonky. Then I got a new card, but never picked up the game again =d

Konvay 06-24-2008 08:51 AM

What class did you play as and how high a level did you get :)?

I just hit level 75 and might try Lake in Dusk tonight.

Zamte 06-26-2008 08:10 PM

Either you used to play on Mercury or your name is familiar from using the forums. It looks really familiar either way.

I play on Mercury, 98 Blader. Well, used to play. I quit before they "fixed" the drop issues, and just couldn't really get back into it. I was a SiN member, but I don't know if they even still exist.

Theosis 06-26-2008 09:04 PM

SiN is still around as far as I know, just not one of the more active guilds.

I'm still playing it from time to time, not as much as I used to, but yeah. I'm on Mercury, level 154 Wizard.

Konvay 06-27-2008 01:47 PM

I have a lvl 100 FB on Mercury, named Konvay, and yes I know SiN, I was friends with a FA. I was the leader of Revelation until we moved to FiRe because of guild members :(

Zamte 06-27-2008 11:06 PM

Right. Yeah. I knew I remembered you from somewhere. You were the one always making adept amulets and having trouble selling them =P

Taja and Slythe were the FA you mentioned, as well as Rye, who's full name I forget, who was a blader.

John 06-28-2008 06:33 AM

it says for USA and Canada only :(
does it have an ip block or something?

Zamte 06-28-2008 11:29 AM

Yeah, it does. There are versions for Europe, Brazil, Korea, Japan, and China, and the SEA version may be out now also.

Check out CABAL Online - The Revolution of Action for a list of countries with access to servers.

Theosis 06-28-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konvay (Post 26707)
I have a lvl 100 FB on Mercury, named Konvay, and yes I know SiN, I was friends with a FA. I was the leader of Revelation until we moved to FiRe because of guild members :(

So wait, you're the same Konvay that was in FiRe? lol... I knew the names were the same, just never thought that was actually you, lol. F9's been wondering where you've been and if you were coming back.

Spectre 06-28-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 27800)
it says for USA and Canada only :(
does it have an ip block or something?

it WAS suppose to be a WORLD based MMO...but from what i heard, a lot of shit went down after CB, and...a lot of mad players so to speak

Nanaya 06-28-2008 02:59 PM

There was a Cabal Global, and it had three closed beta sessions, but it never got through with going open beta because of licensing issues I think. Then there came a EU Cabal, with a region block so US Cabal has a region block as well, I guess.

I have a level 48 FB on Venus, but I stopped playing.

Zamte 06-28-2008 04:08 PM

As Nanaya said, there WAS a global Cabal. However it wasen't the same one. It was shut down in 2006 for good. People who didn't want to read just assumed OGP's Cabal was the new global version, but they have always said specifically from day one that they were not global, and they were for the US and Canada only.

Konvay 06-28-2008 08:22 PM

To clear things up,

Like most MMOs, Cabal IP bans anyone in a region that has their own game; however, people with out their own version, Australia for example, can play OGPlanets. The "Global" Cabal that most people know of, was hosted by GameNGame a couple of years ago, after the third Closed Beta, they (unannounced) stopped the servers before ever hitting Open Beta. About half a year ago, OGPlanet saved us all and bought the rights to host an NA version for gamers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rape (Post 28273)
So wait, you're the same Konvay that was in FiRe? lol... I knew the names were the same, just never thought that was actually you, lol. F9's been wondering where you've been and if you were coming back.

Yeah...about that ^^" *Assassinates Rape*

As far as I know I'm the only Konvay, and I hope it stays that way.

John 06-29-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konvay (Post 28755)
To clear things up,

Like most MMOs, Cabal IP bans anyone in a region that has their own game; however, people with out their own version, Australia for example, can play OGPlanets. The "Global" Cabal that most people know of, was hosted by GameNGame a couple of years ago, after the third Closed Beta, they (unannounced) stopped the servers before ever hitting Open Beta. About half a year ago, OGPlanet saved us all and bought the rights to host an NA version for gamers.

Does that mean i can play?=o i m from mexico

Konvay 06-30-2008 08:44 AM

I think you might be able to. I don't believe OGP blocked your IP because of the Brazilian version. There isn't a list of which countries were blocked.

Theosis 06-30-2008 10:32 AM

So you're not going to be playing on Mercury any more Konvay? Cuz F9 was wondering since you had a bunch of artifact crafting materials supposedly.

Konvay 07-01-2008 01:39 PM

I didn't have any artifact crafting materials :( I needed them to continue but didn\'t have any money.

vic1300 07-07-2008 03:53 AM

Cabal Online

has anyone tried playing Cabal yet?
i would recommend it to people who love questing and grinding :D

Miyuki 07-07-2008 05:17 AM

Uhm, wrong section perhaps? "/

/moved to
Game Discussion - MyMMOGames.net - Multiplayer Gaming and Media Community