Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-07-2009   #1 (permalink)
Pixellated Yeti Goodness.
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice
IGN: Dookoon/Dashyat
Class: Mighty Ferret Militia
Level: Low
Guild: Noobs Club
Default Blade & Soul

Lalalalalalala.....

NCSoft announced the development of this game quite a while ago (mmosite posted a link to the article once upon a time), but recently they estimated that the Korean Closed beta will commence at the end of this year and will be launched in 2010. Plus apparently this game will be released on both the PC and PlayStation 3!

Synopsis:
Quote:
Blade and Soul is an Asian martial-arts MMORPG in development by Lineage II development team, and the characters in this oriental style MMORPG are designed by the well-known illustrator HyungTae Kim. It is set in an oriental fantasy world and will use Unreal Engine 3.
Source: mmosite.com

Gameplay:
Quote:
Judging from the trailer, this game focuses greatly on close combat with only a few ranged attack skills. Comboing will be aplenty; blocking + counter attacks potential trump cards. Expect high energy button mashing with flashy visual effects.
Source: I wrote that.

Features:
Quote:
Only two races have been officially revealed: the Jin and Gon. However, it is suggested that a third race (possibly a fox-like character who appeared in the trailer video[2]) will be implemented.

Jin - Visually similar to humans, Jin specialize in sword-based combat.

Gon - Physically stronger and larger than humans, Gon specialize in hand-to-hand combat.

Unnamed Fox-like Race - Small and petite characters with fox-like tails and ears, they seem to specialize in speed-based combat. There is speculation that they can transform into a fox-like were-form as seen in the trailer.

The trailer video revealed that players will be able to combo skills, and that players will be able to jump and dash while in mid-air, through a system called QingGong. According to an interview with the Development Director, players will also be able to make wine and pottery.
Source: Wikipedia.
Analysis on possible 3rd race over here.

SOME SCREENIES:
Spoiler!

They're taken from the video anywayz lawl.

TRAILER:

LONGER TRAILER?

Tad blurry though.

LINKS:
Official Site (Korean)
Blade & Soul at mmosite.com

So this is pretty much like the old thread except with more stuff in it yay!

Last edited by Dook; 04-07-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

annnd we wont see this till 2010~2011 :{

04-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Looks nice, but the actual gaming probably wouldn't allow you to play while zoomed in so much.

04-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerTHE CHAMP

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

i saw panties but still looks like lineage 2 with more refined graphics

11-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

Full Movie Trailer/ Class / Race Introduction.

Was released a couple of days ago

11-29-2009   #6 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

As much as I want to play this, the article I read said they're gonna do the testing in 2010, and aiming for official release in 2011, then I gotta wait them to be released in Taiwan or US...that's gonna take so long~ T-T

11-29-2009   #7 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold

I'm impressed with their dungeons.

11-29-2009   #8 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

I remember this was announced like, last year, almost two years, I forgot. ;_____;

Still waiting. It looks graphically pleasing, though I really wonder how they're going to do the combat system. I've yet to see in-game screenshots of CBT.

11-29-2009   #9 (permalink)
wot
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutROHAN: Blood FeudWonderKing Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerLooterPervert Award

Shanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Shanni
Level: butts

I've been for this since the announcement. q_Q

11-29-2009   #10 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

this is torture
they keep showing trailers of something that's gonna be released 10 years from now

11-29-2009   #11 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like P2P game.

11-29-2009   #12 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
Looks like P2P game.
It's NCSoft, duh.

11-29-2009   #13 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Most NCsoft games are P2P...although..so Aion, or this one? If...Blade & Soul really got released...in some time ._.;

11-29-2009   #14 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is a jewel in the roughSodacan is a jewel in the roughSodacan is a jewel in the roughSodacan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Been waiting for this for ages. And it'll be a very long time until it's released. :/

11-29-2009   #15 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

It shall be released when we can virtual reality, therefore the graphics will be top-notch,
8D

11-29-2009   #16 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
It shall be released when we can virtual reality, therefore the graphics will be top-notch,
8D
so you can virtual reality grope people.. >____> most of those girls have big ya-yas anyways. But yar, its been such a long wait.. and every time i see a trailer it just reveals more n more .. although I wanna know if they are putting in that Gunner and Summoning class.. the victims to Force Master and Destroyer Q___Q

11-30-2009   #17 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Well that was eye pleasing.

And yeah, the trailer introduced new and old things and added more mysterious content on top of it :<

That gunner was sick until he got tossed XD. And wow at the force master. First thing that came to mind was 1/2 jedi, 1/2 DBZ. :/

11-30-2009   #18 (permalink)
[露丹恵瑠]
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Location: Niagara Falls, Canada Ontario [Yeah stalk me OHOHOHO]
Ronin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ronin
IGN: Show
Level: Your
Guild: Moves

Quest: COLLECT 10 DRAGON HIDES FROM SLAYING DRAGONS
Dungeons: KILL 25 MOB MONSTERS AND THE BOSS AND REPORT BACK FOR REWARD

I hate these quests so much i guess its because i grew up with Runescape's quest system which made me look down on all these type of quests. I give Runescape lots of respect for their storyline quests

12-01-2009   #19 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

I can see the lag the Laggg....prob never going to run on this pc anyways if i tryed it. They sure are shiny with them manga carta design....

12-01-2009   #20 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Dang that was was gorgeous. I think my PC's gonna die on this. The home PC of 2.6 Ghz, 4GB RAM, and 512 MB nVidia can't even run Sims 3 properly. Q_Q