ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Blade & Soul General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/blade-soul-general-chat/)
-   -   Blade & Soul (http://ggftw.com/forum/blade-soul-general-chat/43951-blade-soul.html)

Dook 04-07-2009 07:23 AM

Blade & Soul

Lalalalalalala.....

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3707/95970506.jpg

NCSoft announced the development of this game quite a while ago (mmosite posted a link to the article once upon a time), but recently they estimated that the Korean Closed beta will commence at the end of this year and will be launched in 2010. Plus apparently this game will be released on both the PC and PlayStation 3!

Synopsis:
Quote:

Blade and Soul is an Asian martial-arts MMORPG in development by Lineage II development team, and the characters in this oriental style MMORPG are designed by the well-known illustrator HyungTae Kim. It is set in an oriental fantasy world and will use Unreal Engine 3.
Source: mmosite.com

Gameplay:
Quote:

Judging from the trailer, this game focuses greatly on close combat with only a few ranged attack skills. Comboing will be aplenty; blocking + counter attacks potential trump cards. Expect high energy button mashing with flashy visual effects.
Source: I wrote that.

Features:
Quote:

Only two races have been officially revealed: the Jin and Gon. However, it is suggested that a third race (possibly a fox-like character who appeared in the trailer video[2]) will be implemented.

Jin - Visually similar to humans, Jin specialize in sword-based combat.

Gon - Physically stronger and larger than humans, Gon specialize in hand-to-hand combat.

Unnamed Fox-like Race - Small and petite characters with fox-like tails and ears, they seem to specialize in speed-based combat. There is speculation that they can transform into a fox-like were-form as seen in the trailer.

The trailer video revealed that players will be able to combo skills, and that players will be able to jump and dash while in mid-air, through a system called QingGong. According to an interview with the Development Director, players will also be able to make wine and pottery.
Source: Wikipedia.
Analysis on possible 3rd race over here.

SOME SCREENIES:

They're taken from the video anywayz lawl.

TRAILER:

LONGER TRAILER?

Tad blurry though.

LINKS:
Official Site (Korean)
Blade & Soul at mmosite.com

So this is pretty much like the old thread except with more stuff in it yay!

Tea 04-07-2009 01:42 PM

annnd we wont see this till 2010~2011 :{

WhatThePho 04-07-2009 04:21 PM

Looks nice, but the actual gaming probably wouldn't allow you to play while zoomed in so much.

Vaizado 04-07-2009 06:33 PM

i saw panties but still looks like lineage 2 with more refined graphics

Tea 11-29-2009 01:45 PM

Full Movie Trailer/ Class / Race Introduction.

Was released a couple of days ago

Blizt 11-29-2009 02:21 PM

As much as I want to play this, the article I read said they're gonna do the testing in 2010, and aiming for official release in 2011, then I gotta wait them to be released in Taiwan or US...that's gonna take so long~ T-T

WhatThePho 11-29-2009 02:52 PM

I'm impressed with their dungeons.

Nihil679 11-29-2009 03:40 PM

I remember this was announced like, last year, almost two years, I forgot. ;_____;

Still waiting. It looks graphically pleasing, though I really wonder how they're going to do the combat system. I've yet to see in-game screenshots of CBT.

Shanni 11-29-2009 05:02 PM

I've been for this since the announcement. q_Q

WhatThePhuc 11-29-2009 05:07 PM

this is torture
they keep showing trailers of something that's gonna be released 10 years from now

Faith 11-29-2009 05:07 PM

Looks like P2P game.

WhatThePho 11-29-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith (Post 1073230)
Looks like P2P game.

It's NCSoft, duh.

Miyuki 11-29-2009 05:27 PM

Most NCsoft games are P2P...although..so Aion, or this one? If...Blade & Soul really got released...in some time ._.;

Sodacan 11-29-2009 05:31 PM

Been waiting for this for ages. And it'll be a very long time until it's released. :/

Nihil679 11-29-2009 06:45 PM

It shall be released when we can virtual reality, therefore the graphics will be top-notch,
8D

Tea 11-29-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotKaZE (Post 1073317)
It shall be released when we can virtual reality, therefore the graphics will be top-notch,
8D

so you can virtual reality grope people.. >____> most of those girls have big ya-yas anyways. But yar, its been such a long wait.. and every time i see a trailer it just reveals more n more .. although I wanna know if they are putting in that Gunner and Summoning class.. the victims to Force Master and Destroyer Q___Q

boomsticky 11-30-2009 03:06 AM

Well that was eye pleasing.

And yeah, the trailer introduced new and old things and added more mysterious content on top of it :<

That gunner was sick until he got tossed XD. And wow at the force master. First thing that came to mind was 1/2 jedi, 1/2 DBZ. :/

Ronin 11-30-2009 06:09 AM

Quest: COLLECT 10 DRAGON HIDES FROM SLAYING DRAGONS
Dungeons: KILL 25 MOB MONSTERS AND THE BOSS AND REPORT BACK FOR REWARD

I hate these quests so much i guess its because i grew up with Runescape's quest system which made me look down on all these type of quests. I give Runescape lots of respect for their storyline quests

Dread 12-01-2009 06:36 AM

I can see the lag the Laggg....prob never going to run on this pc anyways if i tryed it. They sure are shiny with them manga carta design....

Catharsis 12-01-2009 08:45 AM

Dang that was was gorgeous. I think my PC's gonna die on this. The home PC of 2.6 Ghz, 4GB RAM, and 512 MB nVidia can't even run Sims 3 properly. Q_Q