Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-19-2013   #1 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage
Default Blade & Soul®: State of the Game

As we approach the start of a new year, we wanted to bring you up to speed with what's been happening with Blade & Soul®, and what happens next.

The game is already in its finished form in the original Korean-language version, but bringing Blade & Soul to the West involves more than simply translating the text and recording new dialogue. Gameplay styles differ greatly in different cultures, meaning that what players in Korea consider fun and balanced might not be as well-received in Europe and America. Addressing considerations like these takes time and NCSOFT® is committed to doing it right--without sacrificing any of the elements that make Blade & Soul as popular as it continues to be in Korea.

The development team at NCSOFT West has been working closely with Team Bloodlust to ensure that we deliver the best, most faithful version of Blade & Soul to Western gamers. We are making progress and plan to reveal more details about the game in the coming year.

In the meantime, our goal is to build excitement for Blade & Soul, by introducing Western audiences to the game's beautiful graphics, compelling story and innovative gameplay. Then, when the time is right, we will release the sorts of details you have been waiting so patiently for.

Thanks for bearing with us, and stay tuned!

Blade & Soul®: State of the Game | Blade & Soul

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-19-2013   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

What I read:
Quote:
The game is already in its finished form in the original Korean-language version, but bringing Blade & Soul to the West involves more than simply translating the text and recording new dialogue. Gameplay styles differ greatly in different cultures, meaning that what players in Korea consider fun and balanced might not be as well-received in Europe and America.
What I understood:
Quote:
We're busy butchering the gameplay for your weak western minds.

05-19-2013   #3 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I'm afraid I can't disagree with Nihil there.
Hopefully it has no stamina system in general because no westerners like that crap restricting their game time when they may have the day off to play.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

05-19-2013   #4 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Removing stamina system would be fine, every imported game has removed it (DFO (rip), Vindictus, DN, whatever else). However, it sounds like they're implying more than that, like watering down difficulties or changing specific gameplay mechanics, not just removing a stamina system.

I dearly hope they prove me wrong.

05-19-2013   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Unfortunately some have not, Elsword still retains its stamina system after countless cries to remove the damn thing.
All we got was unlimited stamina weekends instead and that only lasted for a single year.

It's my day off and I want to play games god damn it.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

05-19-2013   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Kirinne
Class: Grenadier lt_treasurehunter
Guild: <Databased>
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I'm afraid I can't disagree with Nihil there.
Hopefully it has no stamina system in general because no westerners like that crap restricting their game time when they may have the day off to play.
To my knowledge there's no stamina system in either the Korean or Chinese version of the game. That doesn't mean much to our poor, ignorant Western selves but still. I'm not sure how much extra developing they're going to be willing to do for a game that they themselves have said "is already in its finished form."

On the one hand I'm glad they're taking their time with this one, but at the same time I think NCSoft is desperately afraid of having another failure. They might not know that the best thing they can do for this game is hype it, because the game is essentially "the dream" for a lot of MMO fanatics. An open world, martial arts fantasy MMO, with musclebound races, busty races, tiny mouse races, and your average sized race. The art is beautiful, the music is beautiful, the environment is beautiful...

But it's not too heavy on your computer. The system requirements are as follows:

[Minimum Spec]
CPU: Intel Dual core/AMD Athlon 64X2 or better
RAM: 2G or better
VGA: nVidia Geforce 8600GT/AMD Radeon HD4600 or better
HDD: 15GB
OS: Windows XP (Service pack 2), Vista, Win7 (32bit / 64bit)
DirectX: 9.0c

[Recommended]
CPU: Intel Quad core/AMD Phenom II X4 or better
RAM: 4G or better
VGA: nVidia Geforce 8800GTX / AMD Radeon HD4850 or better
HDD: 15GB
DirectX: 9.0c

Really all I want from NCSoft is an update on the current standing of BnS in North America.

EDIT: As it turns out China BnS might have a stamina system in place. I'll have to do a bit more research, but I don't believe the Korean version has it.