ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Holy Beast Online > Holy Beast Clans > Bird Clan

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Class-to-be
Illusionist 5 17.86%
Hunter 13 46.43%
Healer 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-26-2009   #21 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

SpitFire is on a distinguished road

hurm i recommend u guys choose hunter..
hunter ftw!!..
its skills awesome..
i tried it....
hunter have high damage n critical buff..

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-26-2009   #22 (permalink)
Beyond the stars~

Faelynn will become famous soon enough

Every Clan has some kind of benefit to the jobs avaible for them :3 Every character can be great if you make use of its strenghts. I just like Hunter on a bird because it's a little ironic n_n;

01-27-2009   #23 (permalink)
Posting once a year.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStoryDungeon Fighter OnlineLa Tale
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Yoruhime has a spectacular aura aboutYoruhime has a spectacular aura about
Level: - ∞
Guild: FrenchBread

Bird Healer! ^^

01-27-2009   #24 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ElecNinja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelynn
Every Clan has some kind of benefit to the jobs avaible for them :3 Every character can be great if you make use of its strenghts. I just like Hunter on a bird because it's a little ironic n_n;
Actually I thought the bird clan would be the best hunters because of their ability to fly.
High Ground + Arrows = Win.

I'll probably be an illusionist since Birds seem to have good SP.
Or something like that.

02-01-2009   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vom53
Bird Healer pwn the other classes.... look at stats in guides
Actually, I think you're overexaggerating. If you're basing that on the clan starting stats for a Healer, Birds don't have as many advantages as you might think in terms of their definitive role, which would be healing and support.

They are certainly more offensive, because they've got higher strength and intelligence, so what you have is a more combat-savvy Healer who can get in the mix--a Battle Priest. But, in exchange, their MP pool is by far the lowest of the three Healer clans and they have considerably less survivability. Their saving grace is their higher MP regen, but a Healer's the last magic class you want spending time trying to regain MP to do what they do. They're offense>support>defense which might not be the best layout for a dedicated Healer. If you want to solo the game more easily, then Bird Healer is fine, but I honestly believe that Taurus is the better Healer between the three.

Dragon is the traditional frail priest. Low-to-moderate survivability, but a larger MP pool. This one is purely support and will probably have the hardest time getting out the gate. If protected in parties, however, Dragon will probably keep the party alive far better. The most important thing for a Healer is a large MP pool. More MP equals more options and more healing. As far as priorities, this is support>defense>offense. Hard to train alone, but invaluable in a party.

Taurus is the Tank Healer. In fact, the only aspects that Bird dominates in are offensive ones; Taurus ties with all of Bird's other strong points, is in the middle in terms of Dragon's only strong point, and the only place Taurus comes in last revolves around agility, in which they're all tied for lowest. Taurus Clan is known for having pretty good HP, so survivability is not an issue for Taurus. Its magical talents are average to above-average, and since they either rival or don't trail far behind Bird, this is really good. It has a decent MP pool. The tank priest is designed to relieve the stress of other classes in the party by being capable of taking a beating until the other members can break away and assist. You can see why this is useful as opposed to the other overextenders who are good at combat but can't take a beating or good at support but can't take a beating. With higher HP, this is actually more of a cakewalk for Taurus. Its heals are pretty decent, and it can both take it and give it in terms of battle. The most balanced of the three, not overextending in any of the other race's strong points and being better than average to top notch makes them arguably the best class for someone who wants to be good at soloing and useful in parties. Defense>Support=Offense or Defense>Support>Offense--take your pick, this Healer isn't dying anytime soon.

I'd either go Hunter or Illusionist as a Bird. A Bird Healer is more of a novelty class, kind of like the Battle Priest in RO.

Of course, that's if I go Bird at all. Taurus and Dog ftw!

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

02-01-2009   #26 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
I'd either go Hunter or Illusionist as a Bird. A Bird Healer is more of a novelty class, kind of like the Battle Priest in RO.
There's something your missing -- Healing can crit.
Another bright point for the Bird-clan is the fact that they have high physical and magical crit rates. By critting a heal, you end up saving some of your MP (more HP healed for MP spent) -- helping ease the pain of a low MP pool.
For soloing, these crits come to be very helpful, too. A crit can mean a 1-hit or a 2-hit, saving valuable MP for another target.
For the general, PvE healer, Bird-clan is a nice clan to chose for.

On the flip side, Taurus' higher HP makes them sturdier -- making them useful for mass-situations. Namely, GvG. They'll be able to withstand more attacks than the normal clothie-Healer Bird and Dragon.

Oh yeah, from my observations from when I was a Healer-main, the Heals are static.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

02-02-2009   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

Ah, so this is another game where heals can crit. Still, that only fortifies my stance. Crits are an uncertain variable unless they can happen 100% of the time. Healers won't be stockpiling Strength, the skill-critting stat, and their Agility is low (but I'm not sure if Agility only affects the crits on regular melee). In that regard, skill crits are going to be a passive plus, and I feel Birds overextend into them. I'm speaking theoretically of course, as I won't know until the OB doors open up. I'm also assuming heavily that the starting stats are a clue, an indication of sorts, of a class-clan combination's stat growth. Taurus comes in second in terms of Strength (actually, Dragon is tied with Taurus), so its heal crits aren't too far behind. In exchange, compared to Bird, it's got equal survivability and a noticeably higher MP pool, it's got equal HP and HP regen, plus more MP and slightly less MP regen (emphasis on slightly), and it's got equal defense and better magic defense than Bird. That's the one piece of info I don't have--if their growth somewhat differs from their starting stat allocations. The other piece of info I don't have is how much more a crit heal recovers than a regular. Unless it's at least twice as much, it's only saving small fractions of MP.

I guess when it comes to it, Birds have to crit well because they don't have a lot of MP, but I don't see them critting that much more than the Taurus. Taurus can crit well, and have a decent amount of MP. Not Dragon-level, to be sure, but pretty darn good.

But yeah, I r representing Taurus since it seems no one else will.

That, and it's been a long time since I got to enjoy the fresh speculation for a game.

Edit: When you say heals are static, do you mean the healing formula is set and not stat-dependent? If that's true, then perhaps Healers might actually be investing more in Strength than I thought... o:

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

02-02-2009   #28 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

mhmm, you heal at a fixed amount.

Holy Beast:Healer - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

02-02-2009   #29 (permalink)
Mental K.O.

Jumpstart will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jumpstart Send a message via Skype™ to Jumpstart

-missed thread-
I became the healer type mainly because I wanted to see how healing works in this game.