Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-23-2011   #1 (permalink)
Anywhere But Up
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineAion
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Yuki has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yuki Send a message via AIM to Yuki Send a message via MSN to Yuki
IGN: Elysium
Class: Godmode
Level: ∞
Guild: Symphony
Default Eating Habits

So, lately I've been thinking, and I want to go on that eating habit where you eat many times throughout the day, but in very little portions. But I'm not sure how I can go about this, like how much should I eat each time, and when I should eat. So I was wondering what's the best way to adapt this eating habit; I am trying to cut back on my food in-take, but still be able to eat lots of food, because I love it ;o;

- How often should I eat? (every hour? every half hour? every other hour?)
- How much should I eat? (how many scoops, how many spoonfuls? etc.)

Thankies :3

[ ggFTW HR Operations. Yuki Designs. Rep Guide. Join Symphony. Forum Rules. ]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-23-2011   #2 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

so i c u wan boost ur metabolism

Basically, you want to eat a wide variety of foods, so you still need to eat all kinds of food groups.

Generally, it's eat every 3~4 hours, and enough so that you aren't hungry.

You're pretty much eating snacks throughout the day, but healthy snacks. Like some baby carrots, some nuts, etc. It varies between people and their BMI, and activity levels. Don't just eat vegetables and fruits though, you still need your other nutrients and minerals.

It is very easy to stray off though...

I find it's really hard to do because my mom is always asking me why I'm not eating much, and telling me not to be anorexic -.-;; even though I'm not trying to do that...

So I suggest eat a healthy breakfast(9:00am?), a medium lunch (12:30pm), two light snacks (depends one when your supper is), a medium supper (6:00pm?) and depending on how late you go to bed, a small snack (8~9pm?).

For me, my lunch varies from 12:30 to... 6pm (yes that's lunch ;~; ), but don't eat and then go to sleep, allow 4 hours (so if you sleep at 11, stop eating at 7)

You can also prepare your foods differently, like for chicken, boil it or bake it with minimal salt and seasonings instead of pan frying it.

For me, it's hard to adapt to this because of my mom, and I go out to eat kinda often -.-; lol. But it takes self control, so... good luck.

I'm not an expert, but I've taken a few Nutritional Science courses, and I've looked into this for a while (but I never got to doing it ~_~;; maybe I should start now..) so I might not be able to answer everything (or I may be wrong) x.x but I'll gladly help to the best of my abilities if you have questions, huahua.

Also, counting calories will help cut down on intake, but it's time consuming and you have to measure everything out.

eatracker.ca is a good site to keep track of what you're eating and estimating calories (the database doesn't contain ALL foods, so you have to pick something close)

Edit: I just realized how unorganized my post is. -.-;; sorry, I'm in insane mode right now 8D

03-23-2011   #3 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

My friend does that. She's constantly munching on apples all day. She eats an apple every 2-4 hours.

I'm different, I guess. I eat a gigantic breakfast, a light lunch, and barely any dinner (a cup of yogurt or none at all). I have no idea what that does to my metabolism, but I feel light and not-bloated(?).

03-23-2011   #4 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
My friend does that. She's constantly munching on apples all day. She eats an apple every 2-4 hours.

I'm different, I guess. I eat a gigantic breakfast, a light lunch, and barely any dinner (a cup of yogurt or none at all). I have no idea what that does to my metabolism, but I feel light and not-bloated(?).

One of my prof's said, ""Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner."

Well... maybe not to that extreme, but try to include a lot of the food groups for your breakfast.

2 Pieces of toast + some fruit (banana, apple etc), and a handful of almonds later.

03-24-2011   #5 (permalink)
Anywhere But Up
Special
Games
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Yuki Send a message via AIM to Yuki Send a message via MSN to Yuki

Ahh, thankies. :] I've been munching lightly every 2 hours or so, like enough to give me 10 bites or less. Not sure how often I should be eating, and what I should be eating. That helped a lot Yume <3

My mom is a problem for me too, lol. She pushes me to eat, and since I love food it's hard to say no. XD I'm insomniac, so I usually sleep at like 5AM ish, and won't wake up until 9ish, which is when I have to rush to school, so I don't have any time to make breakfast or eat it for that matter. So is there a way I can skip breakfast but eat lunch through dinner that will be "healthy"?

03-24-2011   #6 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki
Ahh, thankies. :] I've been munching lightly every 2 hours or so, like enough to give me 10 bites or less. Not sure how often I should be eating, and what I should be eating. That helped a lot Yume <3

My mom is a problem for me too, lol. She pushes me to eat, and since I love food it's hard to say no. XD I'm insomniac, so I usually sleep at like 5AM ish, and won't wake up until 9ish, which is when I have to rush to school, so I don't have any time to make breakfast or eat it for that matter. So is there a way I can skip breakfast but eat lunch through dinner that will be "healthy"?
Well, you really should start your mornings with a breakfast, it'll jump start your metabolism for the day. Just put some bread in the toaster while you're getting ready. Personally, I find it difficult to eat a lot in the morning, so don't force yourself too much -- but have a little bit. If you take the bus/get a ride, eat in the car. A granola bar would be good too (just not the sugar-coated ones -- special K strawberry/mocha <3 90 kcal too). Try cereal with fresh strawberries and a banana if you have time <3 it's really good. You could also get those little cup yogurts (low in kcal and very good for you) and add some granola/cereal to it.

In high school, I didn't really eat breakfast, but eventually had to because my stomach would sound like a monster -.-;; Now in uni, I can't leave school without eating something or I'll feel... empty, lol. Need ma energy to trek around campus with 10 extra lbs on my back :|

Just make sure what you're snacking on isn't full of salt or sugar. Stuff like I mentioned before - yogurt, handful of nuts, some fruit, veggies (grape tomatoes are good), sweet potato, but don't forget your meats (unless you've vegetarian -- which you'll need to eat alternatives/supplements but be careful with some supplement pills).

The thing that gets me the most is... dinner. I always think "Oh... I ate so little during the day..." the splurge on delicious dinner akldjafw need some self control x.x;

You can still eat cookies and stuff, but in moderation, lol. Also, eat slowly and wait 20minutes before getting 2nd helpings since it takes a while for your body to 'realize' it's full.

03-24-2011   #7 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have problems eating breakfast. But since I started the King-Prince-Pauper meal portions, I wake up with a gigantic appetite. Since I'm not hungry at night and just consume around 200-300 calories for dinner, I wake up looking for meat and carbs. I crave meat, rice, and veggie sidings for breakfast. BIG portions. And because I'm so full, I end up not having any appetite the rest of the day. I only eat lunch because people stare at me if I don't, even though I tell them I'm full.

I never have time to cook breakfast, so I usually just prepare my meals in the weekend and put them in little containers. When I wake up, I pop them in the microwave or take it with me to work.

Also, brown bread refrigerates well. You can make a dozen sandwiches in the weekend (tuna, greens, tomatoes, thin apple slices for organic sweetness, and some dressing) and put them in sandwich bags or wrapped in clingwrap. They're easy to grab from the fridge in the morning and eat on the way to school/somewhere.

03-24-2011   #8 (permalink)
Anywhere But Up
Special
Games

Oh that sounds delicious. I guess I'll toast bread in the morning, since I drive to school, and I live in Cali, which you can pretty much get pulled over if you're eating while you're driving. =_=

I have class Monday through Thursdays, which goes from 9-4PM, so I'm wondering if I should have a bread for breakfast, then eat a medium portion for my "lunch" but in 2 servings, so once at 4PM, then at 6PM eat the other half of the portion, then dinner I'll just either eat a small portion of cereal, or one of your suggestions above.

Not sure if this will have some what of the same effects..

03-24-2011   #9 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki
Oh that sounds delicious. I guess I'll toast bread in the morning, since I drive to school, and I live in Cali, which you can pretty much get pulled over if you're eating while you're driving. =_=

I have class Monday through Thursdays, which goes from 9-4PM, so I'm wondering if I should have a bread for breakfast, then eat a medium portion for my "lunch" but in 2 servings, so once at 4PM, then at 6PM eat the other half of the portion, then dinner I'll just either eat a small portion of cereal, or one of your suggestions above.

Not sure if this will have some what of the same effects..
...you're not taking medicine, lol.

I would suggest eating something somewhere between 9~4...
like eat something around 12~2, between classes. Sometimes I eat a granola bar during class. Just be careful not to eat something too loud (like carrots) lol. Some cucumbers would be good!

An example of my day:
I start my day later than you (I eat breakfast at around 10:30~11:30, depending when I have class). Today, for example, I ate some vegetable soup at 10:45am, granola bar at 1:00pm, half my lunch at 3:00, and then rest of my lunch at 7:00pm (I'm still at school, haha). I'll probably end up having supper around 9:00pm (I sleep around 2:30).

Meals are spaced out and not too much for each portion. (I don't measure out how much I eat, but I shoullld lol).

Your goal is to keep your metabolism going and to keep releasing insulin. Try not to leave too big of a gap between meals, and avoid large portions to do this.
You'll only see the effects of this after a long period of time (and I mean probably around a month) but you also need to complement this diet with exercise. Right now, my only exercise is running around campus x.x; but you could do some stretching in the morning/night (makes me feel more refreshed). When summer hits and you have more free time (and better weather?) take a walk outside~
^my plans, c:

Last edited by Yume; 03-24-2011 at 06:25 PM.