ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Beauty, Fashion, Fitness & Health (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/)
-   -   How do you deal with stress? (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/90040-how-do-you-deal-stress.html)

Riolu 01-20-2011 03:30 AM

How do you deal with stress?

I get the feeling of puking, instant diarrea, i can't concentrate and i feel as if my organs start fighting each other like raging cats in heat.

How does it affect you?

Aimee 01-22-2011 03:19 AM

I get heartburn all the time, which the Doc says is caused by stress (as well as too much caffeine - my bad!)

O and to deal with stress.. mhm talking with someone really helps me. Or watching a movie I love.

Rem 01-22-2011 05:30 AM

Looking at the title how i deal with stress when i get it, i usually just write all my worries on paper then rip it up after and it makes me feel better. When i get stress i usually sleep less, eat less and get really dizzy randomly. Wee

Catharsis 01-22-2011 05:56 AM

I sip a glass of Vinno Frizzo and sleep. Sleep solves many things in my life.

Javier 01-22-2011 07:02 AM

Listening to music and having a glass of wine or two works wonders for me when I'm really on edge.

And of course, what all men do to relieve stress. :jj:

Hykari 01-22-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1453224)
And of course, what all men do to relieve stress. :jj:

The ace in the hole of sorts, figuratively speaking. XD

Um, for me, I just listen to music to get my mind off things (mainly VGM) as it temporarily puts me in alternate states of reality. Also, video games and sleep help lots.

Poople 01-22-2011 12:09 PM

I usually feel like puking when i'm stressed

to deal with it i take deep breaths for awhile and then take a nap

k0n 01-25-2011 05:23 AM

Jog, exercise, relaxation, sleeping, napping, meditation, breathing, masturbating, talking with others, venting, cooking, eating, house chores, driving, biking, shooting guns at a target range, etc.

Drive your "stressed-self" into something more productive.

Ichigo 01-25-2011 07:44 AM

when im stressed i kick everything on my way @_@
to deal with it, i sleep or listen to my fav music

Vixen 01-27-2011 02:10 PM

I like to sleep... or cry o-o or play my Nintendo DS while in my bed to make me fall asleepp

kuyaBaka 01-28-2011 07:48 AM

When I get stressed I pretty much short-circuit. I get jittery and twitchy and sometimes I develop nervous ticks. Depending on the intensity of the situation, I'll just randomly start to break down and cry, though rarely (it's only happened twice my entire life).

As far as dealing with it, sleeping is the best way to go. Either that or some kind of artistic catharsis where you can just let it all out -- playing music, cooking, or even doing a bit of feng shui. Then as I start to calm myself down about it, I can start doing something menial, yet productive like cleaning my room or organizing a binder. Once I've finished that, I can be happy that I've done something and it makes me feel better. Then I'll be able to move on to doing what I was doing originally.

Seru 01-28-2011 09:00 AM

One thing that I find helpful is to read. Reading for pleasure anyways, nothing gets my mind off of stress more than a funny book. Than after I read a bit I take a short nap.

Esper 01-28-2011 09:37 AM

I rarely get stress, which is kind of weird...
If I do have stress, I either lay on my bed watching TV or play on the computer until I forget what I'm stressing about.

Henreh 01-28-2011 10:20 AM

Hop on vent and play shoot em ups with the bros. Either that or I treat myself to some food that I crave and sleep.

Routine 01-28-2011 10:55 AM

I wish I could SLEEP when in stress >_>
I usually read books. But most of the time stress is caused by various problems that need solution, and until I find a solution, I will stress over them all. The. Time.

Henreh 01-28-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine (Post 1458294)
I wish I could SLEEP when in stress >_>
I usually read books. But most of the time stress is caused by various problems that need solution, and until I find a solution, I will stress over them all. The. Time.

Stuff yourself. Eating till you're full makes you drowsy which makes you sleep easier...side effects are you gain weight ;o.

Sheep 01-28-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riolu (Post 1451387)
I get the feeling of puking, instant diarrea, i can't concentrate and i feel as if my organs start fighting each other like raging cats in heat.

How does it affect you?

Oh yes, stress is very horrible. While most people play down feelings, you can't really just ignore them since they are inevitably a part of your physical body.

Normally when I get stressed out, I just chat to people and pretend nothing is really wrong. Other times I'll run around asking people for advice and make jokes about the stressful situation I am in =P Usually after that I can think of something to handle it.

Maybe you just need to find someone you can open up too, someone you can trust! It doesn't have to be a lover, it can just be a friend =)

And if all else fails, it doesn't hurt to cry! Shedding some tears now is far better than throwing up later ;_: ( used to get nauseated when stressed out ).

NiBo 01-28-2011 02:22 PM

I just get a bit angry. I avoid certain stuff too much, then I don't get stressed, much. I just take a shower (if I didn't), go eat something, drink something cold, sleep, listen to music, play a game that I'm good at or watch TV. Wut. Basically anything that I do when I'm bored or when I don't have anything important to do (even when I actually have something important to do - but only if others can do it for/with me lol).

SlowBro 01-28-2011 05:33 PM

I mentioned this in another thread but I just eat until I'm happy again.

Vixen 01-29-2011 06:12 PM

Now looking at this thread again I want to buy myself one of those stretchy stress reliever thingies q_q