League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-19-2010   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default Hao2remedy my stopped up ear?

'Kay, so. Storeh tiem.

I started to get a cold on Friday night. (Might have been the flu. Gonna go with a cold.) Slight coughing. Didn't think much of it. The next morning, and until Monday, these symptoms occurred:

• Constant coughing.
  • Sore throat.
  • Eyes constantly watering.
  • Runny nose.
  • Constant sneezing.
Basically those. It was a pain. I had a hard time breathing, my chest & throat hurt badly when I coughed, and I could barely see. >.< Anywho, I finally got over it on Sunday night. But I still have my cough.

Now, Monday, my hearing was all weird. I didn't know what was wrong. Found out Monday night that my ear was stopped up. I asked my mom about it, and she said my ear's probably stopped up from having the cold. So, I dunno. Anywho, how in the hell can you get rid of this annoying crap? It's been bugging me all freaking week. >_>

I've tried doing:
  1. Squeezing my nostrils together using your thumb and index finger, then blowing air (sorta) out of your ears, trying to get my ear to pop and get whatever's in there out.
That isn't really helping. I keep trying, but ugh. Just faint air-escaping sounds. Next:

2. Using an ear solution thingy. My mom told me I had Swimmer's Ear. Which is just water lodged inside my ear canal that can't be got out normally.

So, I went into Wal-Mart last night and bought this Murine Ear thing. Which is wax removal, not water removal. That's my mistake, I suppose. Figured it would work nonetheless. It says I'm supposed to put 5-10 drops of this solution into my ear canal and let it sit there for 5-7 minutes while tiling my head sideways. Did so. But I'm not sure what to do after that. I got a soft rubber ball syringe thingy that can squirt water into my ears to rinse it out, but I'm not sure if I should be doing that, or just try splashing water into my ear, or what to do. Seems like anything to do with water (squeezing water into my ear, or just splashing water into it) is a bad idea. Not sure what to do. Of course, they had this thing called Swim's Ear. Which is water removal. Guess I should get that if Murine Ear doesn't work in the next 2-3 days.

3. Boyfriend told me that there are these special candles that you light and it burns the wax. And the wax falls into your ear or something and it melts everything in the ear, and you just rinse it out with water and it falls out.

I haven't tried that yet, as I have no idea what these special candles are. He also mentioned I'd need two people to do it, and I'd have to get my dad to help me on the weekend or something.

So um......halp?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-20-2010   #2 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Before you try 37839262 different things you should go to the doc. You could end up doing serious damage to your hearing if you keep putting things in it - especially since you didn't even know how do to it.

One slip up and you can lose hearing in your ear. Get it diagnosed.

11-20-2010   #3 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Yeah, what Aimee said, just see a doc. I remember having ear issues when I was younger and I remember the doc used some kind of high pressure jet/syringe to flush my ear out and everything was fine after.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

11-20-2010   #4 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiez
Boyfriend told me that there are these special candles that you light and it burns the wax. And the wax falls into your ear or something and it melts everything in the ear, and you just rinse it out with water and it falls out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiez
candles that you light and it burns the wax. And the wax falls into your ear

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't stick anything melted or on fire into my ear.

11-20-2010   #5 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

@Fuzzy - It's a special kind of candle. It doesn't hurt at all if done right and if two people are doing it.

@Javier/Aimee - My mom had the exact same thing before. We know what it is. I guess the only choice is to take a syringe and flush out my ear with warm water. Since a syringe has more pressure than a blue, rubber ball syringe. >.>

11-20-2010   #6 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

I've had similar things happen to me. I could usually just remedy it with a Q-Tip (cotton swab) though.

11-21-2010   #7 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

the wax thing is a myth, please don't do it.
the wax actually gets trap inside the ear canal.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

11-23-2010   #8 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Went to the doctor and diagnosed it with a roaring ear infection. Using some expensive (qq) ear drops to cure it.

Close pwease. <3?