ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Beauty, Fashion, Fitness & Health (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/)
-   -   Are other people's acne a factor for you? (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/83968-other-peoples-acne-factor-you.html)

k0n 10-11-2010 03:06 PM

Are other people's acne a factor for you?

Let's say there's two identical twins. However, they don't have identical skin. One has a acne and the other doesn't. They both work at a shop as a cashier. Would it matter to you if you stand on the line with the person who has acne or not? Does facial or integument (skin) display of acne a factor for you when you choose your friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, service provider, etc.

For, it's not really a big deal. Lot's of people have it once in their life and I even have some as well.

Aimee 10-11-2010 03:12 PM

It's not an issue for me and I wouldn't avoid someone because of the condition of their skin.
My skin isn't exactly great, so if I was bothered, I'd be a complete hypocrite. It's a fact of life, and people eventually grow out of it.

Esper 10-11-2010 03:16 PM

Everyone has it once in a while and it doesn't bother me. I'm not going to pick at someone's personality and what not just because of acne.

Poople 10-11-2010 03:18 PM

not really

my brother has a lot of acne so i'm used to it

Seru 10-11-2010 03:26 PM

I would notice the bad skin, but I don't think it would affect how I would react to someone.

Mums 10-11-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0n (Post 1369582)
Let's say there's two identical twins. However, they don't have identical skin. One has a acne and the other doesn't. They both work at a shop as a cashier. Would it matter to you if you stand on the line with the person who has acne or not? Does facial or integument (skin) display of acne a factor for you when you choose your friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, service provider, etc.

For, it's not really a big deal. Lot's of people have it once in their life and I even have some as well.

@Question: I'd choose the shortest line. I don't care how the cashier looks like.

I'm actually not bothered about anyone's skin condition. I shouldn't complain either since my own isn't perfect either.

kuyaBaka 10-11-2010 05:39 PM

I get acne from time to time, too. In fact, I have a few light scars on my face from acne. I can't judge other people based on their skin problems if I have problems of my own. So, to answer your question, I'd stand in the shortest line.

Light 10-11-2010 06:34 PM

I can look at the beauty behind the acne.
In short, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's only normal.

MintyVampire 10-11-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 1369769)
I can look at the beauty behind the acne.
In short, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's only normal.

^In bold.

However, people who doesn't look after their skin bothers me .__.

ArturiaPendragon 10-11-2010 06:51 PM

I do not mind it at all, really...

However, if that certain someone is PLUCKING their own acne while talking... that's downright disgusting. ._.

MintyVampire 10-11-2010 06:52 PM

^That is just......EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Q_Q

james 10-11-2010 09:59 PM

For a cashier/service provider, I don't really give a damn, I'll probably only know that person for a maximum of two minutes.

However, when it comes to my friends....... if it's someone I just met, I will probably judge them and their acne. Acne just bugs me. I looks gross, and is even grosser if people begin to mess with it. :x If the person has heavy acne, it's not like I won't be friends with them, I just have my natural tendency to almost just ignore them in a sense. If it's someone I've known forever, I really couldn't care less about their acne.

I feel like a horrible person. +~+

mamoru 10-11-2010 10:11 PM

nope, doesn't bother me.

zgmfx19a 10-11-2010 11:34 PM

Don't really give a shit.

Javier 10-12-2010 05:01 AM

What everyone else said. Everyone has skin problems at some point.. but just don't go around squeezing your zits in public! That is completely unacceptable. :py36:

1stsim144 10-12-2010 05:43 AM

I picked somewhat a factor.

I easily disgusted by acne, so when I talk to people with acne problems I tend to look elsewhere but their face or completely stay away from them. I'm sorry but that's just me.

I have acne problems myself but I got treatment and since then have good skin condition. So yeah. I just HATE acne. *pukes*

Torikakae 10-12-2010 05:56 AM

I'd care about other people's acne as much as I'd care about their hairstyle or toe nail length. The feeling lasts about 2 seconds.

Bolter 10-12-2010 07:02 AM

Not really, after all I had a severe case of it myself.

SOC 10-12-2010 08:48 AM

Depends.

If the acne is like a medical problem but they are trying to take care of it and not being total slouches and lazy about their hygiene, sure, I accept that and it's fine. Not a big deal to me.

If the acne is because they have poor hygiene and do not take care of them selves properly and is all gross and nasty because of it, then it is a big deal to me.

Mums 10-12-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOC (Post 1370202)
If the acne is because they have poor hygiene and do not take care of them selves properly and is all gross and nasty because of it, then it is a big deal to me.

How exactly would you know if someone you just met tries to treat their face or take care of it or not?