ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Beauty, Fashion, Fitness & Health (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/)
-   -   Do you count calories? (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/81864-do-you-count-calories.html)

Seru 09-07-2010 06:03 AM

Do you count calories?

Does anyone else here count calories, either it be everything they eat or even just adding up the calories from the snacks you consume? I'm not trying to lose weight or anything, so I just count calories to make sure I don't overindulge. So does anyone feel the same way, or are you a free spirit in the kitchen and eat to your heart's desire :x?

Torikakae 09-07-2010 06:06 AM

Never ever counted calories, indulged and sated my palette to the max....

....and never gained a single pound. Seriously ~_~

Sandrie 09-07-2010 06:40 AM

Nope, never. >_>; I read the nutrition facts more for fun orz

Seru 09-07-2010 06:41 AM

I have a few friends who are lucky like you...we all joke and say they have black holes where their stomachs should be, as we have no idea where the foods going.

Mums 09-07-2010 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrie (Post 1335858)

I do this too D8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seru (Post 1335859)
I have a few friends who are lucky like you...we all joke and say they have black holes where their stomachs should be, as we have no idea where the foods going.

Food usually comes out the other end.

Anyway.. I don't count calories. If I want to lose weight, I just eat less sweets.

okay 09-07-2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrie (Post 1335858)

LOL

I don't.

I have a friend who only eat a cup of rice a meal but he doesn't get thinner than he is. :v

Harlequin 09-07-2010 07:17 PM

I don't count calories at all. I eat what I want, and just get plenty of exercise (I don't go to a gym or anything, but I try to stay active).

Light 09-07-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glarbage (Post 1336268)
I don't count calories at all. I eat what I want, and just get plenty of exercise (I don't go to a gym or anything, but I try to stay active).

^ This.

Although my sister and mother read the calories all the damn time.
Actually.. most of the women in the family are anal retentive about their calorie intake, while the men just chow down.

I must be fallowing my family tradition then.
Personally I just believe it's because females are very anal about their weight and have to keep the slim body look in the magazines to feel "accepted by society".

Seru 09-07-2010 07:26 PM

I try to stay active as well, and I didn't really notice how bad I was at counting calories till my friend pointed it out yesterday(when I took out my calculator and began adding everything up...) guess it's just a habit I picked up from middle school when I lost a bunch of weight.

Also no one else counts calories here D:? I feel like a fatty Q.Q *nibbles on rice cakes*

Tardar 09-07-2010 08:16 PM

Never ever even bothered with it. I keep track of it, but not incredibly well. Just like a rough amount.

Mums 09-07-2010 10:09 PM

Some of the info is kinda amusing. For example: The daily recommended intake of crisps is 20 grams/day. Who the heck can be satisfied with 20 grams when you have a 200/300 gram bag? D8

cornpirde35 09-07-2010 10:11 PM

nopes never do since i spend 50~40% of my day running

Yukipyon 09-07-2010 10:40 PM

Counting calories? lol

Instead of wasting precious brainpower on something like that, I just go outside and walk uphills. Or do some intensive studying, lolz.

Oh, and something I find funny:

*looks at nutritional facts: 80 calories per serving*
*Number of servings per container: 3*

lol, they really couldn't just write 240 calories? Hahahahahahahahahaha.

mamoru 09-08-2010 12:23 AM

i used to count my calories, but i don't anymore -- after i realized i don't gain weight easily.

Mitchi 09-08-2010 01:25 AM

I count for my husband, but not for myself. I'll read the label to see how many calories there are, but the chances of me counting are pretty slim. I usually just eat actual food instead of junk. And if I feel like i need to lose weight I just eat more veggies and exercise more '-'

I have to be kinda anal about my weight, but it's for health reasons, since i have a bad back and gaining too much weight can actually do some damage on my posture and spine x-x

buta 09-08-2010 01:59 AM

Nope. I just go by feeling. If I feel I've eaten too much, I stop.

Fast metabolism helps, too.

Javier 09-08-2010 06:13 AM

I suppose I'd be way thinner if I did lol. I read nutrition labels and eat stuff anyway 8D

I try to make up for it by hitting the gym every now and then. Although I've been lacking the motivation lately. . .

Vixen 09-09-2010 10:48 AM

I don't count because I eat so much and don't put on any weight o3o I has a black hole in my stomach 8D

Javier 09-10-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 1337680)
I don't count because I eat so much and don't put on any weight o3o I has a black hole in my stomach 8D

I hate you. I gain pounds just by thinking of my next meal :py64:

Seru 09-10-2010 08:00 AM

^ I'm the same way :py14: ...I don't really gain a lot of weight at once, but if I don't at least somewhat watch what I eat it adds up..and than comes the 1-2 weeks of extra exercise ._.