Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-06-2010   #1 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Medication question.

So today when I got up I felt fine, but after a couple of hours it felt like my heart starting racing. My friend (a nurse) took my blood pressure and told me my resting pulse was way too high. Of course me and my scatter brain forgot to ask about some of the new medication I've been taking for a month or so.

So I was wondering how long can side effects occur from medication after the last time you take it.

I'm taking something called Librax for anxiety (Hate to admit it, but I have social anxiety... which I hate, but it's so hard for me to get over...) anyway some of the side effects for it says rapid heart beat, but the last time I took it was Thursday morning and this started happening this morning (Monday).

I'm not the healthiest person in the world for sure, I mean I walk a little while I'm in school, but not like I should be doing and definitely don't eat the right type of foods. So this could be another reason for it but....I'm not a doctor lol.

Either way if it doesn't stop in the next day or so I'm going to the doctor just to make sure.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-06-2010   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I checked Google and one site did say that changes in heartbeat are considered a severe side effect while you take it and you should contact your doctor. Since you've stopped taking it, and it still occurs, you might want to contact your doctor.

I don't think side effects should last too long, longest would be perhaps a few weeks. To make things a bit better, though, you might wanna try cutting back on things that could aid high blood pressure like high sodium foods.

09-06-2010   #3 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

probably should have taken my advice on eating more vegetables

09-07-2010   #4 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe so....I did try salad the other day....almost puked ._. Why can't vegetables taste good?! (to me)

Anyway blood pressure was still high so I headed to the doctor after school. They said I had a mild temp (99.7) and that it could either be a mild virus (cause god knows there's a million going around right now) or it could be because high blood pressure runs in my family and it finally decided to show up in me as well. But he said one thing for sure is that I need to start exercising lol.

Time to put my wii fit and treadmill to work till it stops being 102 degrees outside and I can actually walk without suffocating!

09-07-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^
Awards MoM AwardFacebook Fan

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to TheBlackCatXIII
IGN: TheBlackCatXIII
Class: Sense to_scientist

um, i had that feeling once when i took tamazepam (a sleeping tablet).
I went to the doctors the next morning, told me to stop taking it because it's not a healthy side effect. Is it possible for you to switch to another anxiety medication?
and btw, anxiety is nothing to be ashamed of, quite a lot of people have it, they either don't know it or they don't tell u. I have it too ^__^ but my case is probably minor compared to yours as medication was not perscribed. You can also try the natural anxiety medication @ the health shops. I heard from a friend that it helps relaxing.
But dealing with anxiety, the most effective way is to probably keep yourself occupied doing something that you like, stop doing things that will gets u started thinking etc.
Avoid times when you are alone and has nothing to do, you will start the chain reaction and it will continue.
But yea, back to your medication, side effects of such medication usually lasts as long as the effects last. Some medication can be taken along with another medication that reduces the side effects, i'm not sure if your medication is the case.
You really should talk to the doctor about this kinda stuff, you could be having an allergic reaction to it for all i know. That's what the doctor said about me taking my sleeping tablet back then @_@ stopped completely after that, but it was a short-term treatment, so i wasn't bothered by it too much.

09-07-2010   #6 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBoy740
So today when I got up I felt fine, but after a couple of hours it felt like my heart starting racing. My friend (a nurse) took my blood pressure and told me my resting pulse was way too high.
Not to be picky but finding blood pressure is different from finding your pulse/heart rate :>

Anyways, like Naps has mentioned, eat plenty of vegetables and fruits especially increase your vitamin C consumption (from oranges, mangoes, broccoli, strawberries, kiwis, pineapples, watermelons, tomatoes). If you're vomiting, eat very slowly and in smaller pieces. This will you prevent any gag reflexes or the feeling of throwing up. Next, try to sit upright while eating so the force of gravity will help leave your food in your stomach. Also, drink plenty of water to replenish your body. Drink also any Gatorade or sports drinks that contain electrolytes if you do vomit.

09-07-2010   #7 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

I mean't puke as in the nasty taste xD But thanks for the advice guys.

Seems the medication is already sorta working, and the main reason this is happening is due to little exercise. The anxiety medicine, at least what the doctor said, since i've been taking it almost a month now, my fast heart beat isn't from that. Librax side effects show up the first couple of days after you start taking it.

So I'll see how this goes and hopefully me starting to exercise and SORT OF eating better will help. He said once I get more in shape I could be taken off the blood pressure medicine if that was the cause of this.

Anyway thanks again guys

09-07-2010   #8 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBoy740
Time to put my wii fit and treadmill to work till it stops being 102 degrees outside and I can actually walk without suffocating!
Or you could go outside anyway and sweat it out, it's good for you. Drains out toxins, and after a day's worth of outdoor work/exercise, you should be left feeling accomplished/energized (I know I do, anyway).

I live in the armpit of America, so I know about terrible warmth and humidity. Even still, I have classes every day and work afterwards. Sometimes you just need to suck it up and go outside, even if it's hot/gross out.