ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Beauty, Fashion, Fitness & Health

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-11-2010   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about
Default Visual Kei/street/jrock

So, some of my friends and I decided to just go all out and wear pretty much visual kei to school during the last week of school.

Everything, including hair, make up, clothes, etc.

Are there anybody in this forum who's experienced in this type of clothing?
Cause we don't really know what to really get ;;

One of my friends is quite talented in cosplay, but she said visual kei is like, totally different and complicated with all the make up and clothes;;

We're probably going to hot topic or Little Tokyo to buy the materials ... but suggestions (even if you don't dress like this) can help ~

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-14-2010   #2 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Go for a lot of elaborate victorian style clothes, and stuff int he EGL (elegant gothic lolita) or EGA (elegant gothic aristocrat) fashions.

Really though, just take a look at some of the more flamboyant Visual Kei bands (Versaille, Malice mizer). Lots of velvet, lace, frills and makeup.

06-14-2010   #3 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

that's not against dress code? -gasp-

anyway uhm, it seems you all have the right idea so far and mitchi's suggestions as well

06-15-2010   #4 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

I just bought these pants for $35.50~

It was actually 17.50, but +18$ for shipping -_-;;
I guess... it's like the first Visual Kei item that I bought

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

06-22-2010   #5 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

vkei is basically a Japanese take on '70-80s American Glam Rock. All you need to do is take elements from that, add more dark tones and goth formal, and change the hair color to something outrageous. Look at acts like Motley Crue, David Bowie, and Poison since they pretty much canonized the glam look, and then work outwards from there.

10-10-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

HoneyHoneyMomo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HoneyHoneyMomo Send a message via Yahoo to HoneyHoneyMomo

you bought that from where?@_@awwwsomee
Daria: I suppose pulling out a can of mace right now would be considered bad form.Now I shall go to my room without taking questions. Ignore any muffled screams you may hear, especially if they're Quinn's.

10-10-2010   #7 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand kids nowadays. *_*

But... Yeah. You can buy vK clothes here:
S-inc e-shop ƒˆƒƒƒ—ƒšƒ‚
http://www.metalburger.com/

>__>