Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-28-2010   #21 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread
What does he do in his room tv/computer/internet/radio take all those away....
It's doubtful that will make him twitch into reality, but rather aggravate him and cause more problems.
He needs a swift kick in the ass, not a light punch.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-28-2010   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

kwang123 will become famous soon enoughkwang123 will become famous soon enough
IGN: GarenSan
Class: SheMale to_thiefmaster
Level: RUSHING
Guild: Guildless D=
Xfire: No Time for it

put poop on him then his gunna get a shower o_O?

Rebirth
lv 60+ GarenSan Foxy

04-28-2010   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Lushcious is on a distinguished road
IGN: Lushcious
Level: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayaka
No point into asking him to why he won't take a shower as he never answers....he just gives a Shrug look and that's it =/

He does it everytime
Try having the whole family drag him out into the shower. Then lock the door from the outside so that way he can't leave until he has his shower.

04-28-2010   #24 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I don't think you could possibly be lazy enough to not bathe for more than a month. Maybe he has fear of water or something.

04-28-2010   #25 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

Take a dump in his room.

04-28-2010   #26 (permalink)
A Distant Visionary.
Games
La Tale

Fayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really niceFayt is just really nice
IGN: Aurelius
Class: Bladerr. lt_blader
Level: 170.
Guild: ShiningRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeXO
Counsellors, health visitors, you could just go to a doctor for advice [he doesn't need to know that] -- you could just explain the situation to them, and they can try to help.

Maybe there's a reason why he's like that, and in that case him seeing someone could be good in more ways than one.
This, definetely. That's seriously not normal for someone his age. I'd like to think that he's dealing with something emotionally that's causing him to act like this, but I could be wrong. Still though, I think your parents should be more strict, or else he'll be like this as he gets older, and 22 turns into 32, 52, etc.

04-28-2010   #27 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

What exactly does he do inside his room?

There has to be factors that are keeping him inside the room, and you should try removing them.

And as for the shower part... Maybe he has an extreme phobia? Iono, I feel like this is some kind of mental condition... He's being somewhat irrational, thinking he can stay in his room all day, and not do anything.
Maybe it's a form of long term depression ?
he probably has the mentality of "I don't tell you what to do, so don't tell me what to do either"...
...so doing anything to fix his usual routine (of doing Nothing) might frustrate/anger him...
I guess, just try to find reasoning behind his actions...

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

05-03-2010   #28 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

No, I don't think there's any phobia or anything we need to feel sorry for him for. He just needs, like Light said, a good butt kicking and forced to wake up to reality. 22 years old? Goodness gracious. Take away his entertainment. If that doesn't work, stop feeding him!

05-03-2010   #29 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

actually i'm more impressed he never got sick for not showering

modify your bathroom so you can lock it from outside
install a sprinkler system
when he brushes his teeth you know what to do

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

05-05-2010   #30 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

A lot of the advice here may be pertaining to the thread issue, but not the entire issue at hand.

A man will continue to live a certain way so long as there is never ending fuel to add to the fire.
He will continue to eat, sleep, and use the money of your parents from now till he comes to terms with reality on his own which is extremely unlikely, but only because he is provided the means to do so.

If he always has a home, food and whatever he wants, what's to make him want to change his lifestyle?
Taking these away by literally throwing his ass out into reality, and he has no choice but to work towards improvement or suffer the homeless life which he won't want.

If he wants to life a homeless life after all, then that's his prerogative, at least he won't easily bring your family down with him.

He will most likely miss the things he took for granted, and work his way into getting back the lifestyle he had. It's only natural.
So if he gets a decent job, pays for his own rent and food, then a big congratulations to him for becoming a man.

This is also on topic as well because you can't get a job when you smell bad, so you kill 5+ birds with a stone.

If you don't then I feel sorry for your family and what they may go through with him from now till he decides to eventually leave.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

05-05-2010   #31 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

It's his way in being lazy, trust me.

Laziness happens EVERYWHERE.

This is Kyuubey

05-05-2010   #32 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

The solution has been said: Kick him out. It's the only way.

On another note, he may have severe clinical depression, but I doubt it.

05-05-2010   #33 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Hazelnutcoffee is on a distinguished road

O_O.I think you should seriously look into why he is not willing to take a shower, and get him to see a doctor if possible. (under the pretense of getting an annual check-up if he is unwilling)

It seems like he is leading a solitary life, staying in his room mostly. And I am kind of amazed at his will to not shower for 1+year.....
I feel like there's a good reason that he's been doing that for so long O_O

I slightly disagree with most people's opinion of, 'he should be made to grow up' because similar thing had happened to my brother. He was withdrawn, lethargic, hated to get out of house, and complained that he was constantly cold for months. My parents thought my brother was just being lazy so he was given ultimatum, forced to work, take extra courses, etc.etc.etc. We found out later that he was suffering from depression/hypothyroidism - side effect from his prescription meds for allergies....
I felt so bad afterwards, and so sorry, too >_<

of course, your brother might not have any problem and is just being lazy but still.... :[

05-27-2010   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLa Tale
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Quebee is just really niceQuebee is just really niceQuebee is just really niceQuebee is just really nice
IGN: Quebee
Class: Soulmaster to_soulmaster
Level: 2xx

Lock the toilet and everyone gets a key except him until he decides to take a bath.

05-27-2010   #35 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

Have you tried dumping mud on him?

05-27-2010   #36 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Maybe try this, when he goes to the toilet to piss, lock him in until he takes a bathe.

09-18-2010   #37 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Usayu is on a distinguished road

...I say hose him down. <.< Like ambush him as he's going outside?

There has to be some kind of psychological reason for this, this is beyond just lazy! Your mom is really okay with this? I don't think this is the matter of being strict or not. @@

09-27-2010   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Limiter0 will become famous soon enoughLimiter0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Limiter0 Send a message via MSN to Limiter0 Send a message via Skype™ to Limiter0
IGN: Sylphide
Class: Fiona
Level: 19

...Over a year...

Does he get skin infections/fungi often? God, I can see mushrooms growing between his toes already. Why don't you invite him to do something fun that involves water? Maybe go play with water guns outside... Go to a water park... Maybe just a pool. I'm sure the chlorinated water will do him good.

Heck, maybe just invite him to go out when you know its gonna pour outside later in the day.

09-28-2010   #39 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

You guys realize this is an oooold thread, right? XD

Still though, I wonder whatever happened.