League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-10-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
League of LegendsTrickster Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Aveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura about
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default Raw Lips

Just recently, I my lips had been swelling for an unknown reason, and was soon replaced with dry, cracked skin. Now, the skin is gone and the bottom lip near the inside of my mouth is all raw. I can't drink or eat much without it hurting.

Does anyone know any remedies or cures to help ease the pain or speed up the healing?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-11-2010   #2 (permalink)

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

I also have dry lips very often that I often have cracked skin, sometimes I would use aloe vera, so maybe you can try aloe vera.

02-11-2010   #3 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Horribly chapped lips? Petroleum jelly.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

02-11-2010   #4 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

try drinking more water and restrain yourself from peeling the dry skin away. You could try trimming instead of peeling yeah?

02-11-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleEden EternalMapleStory

ChocoKeiko is just really niceChocoKeiko is just really niceChocoKeiko is just really niceChocoKeiko is just really nice
Class: Gunslinger
Level: 11x

My lip skin tend to crack too, when it's too hot or too cold. I always apply lip balm, even before I sleep, it seems to retain the moisture better and the skin won't peel.
Wow, so your skin isn't there anymore? It must hurt ;_; Like someone said, aloe vera is a good option (but won't taste any good, believe me!), you can try to apply lip balm around the area so it won't be cracky while your lip is healing, and will prevent from more peeling cause your skin will be very thin :3 Can't think of anything for the pain cause your lip is all exposed =/

02-12-2010   #6 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

My lips are constantly dry, the skin breaking etc. I just use Vaseline [Petrolium Jelly as kuyaBaka said] or lip balm of some sort to make them less sore.

Quote:
Lip balm or petroleum jelly can often provide temporary relief. Medical grade lanolin USP accelerates repair of lips and is used in some lip repair products. Certain enzymes present in saliva (normally used for digestion) irritate the lips, and the evaporation of the water in saliva saps moisture from them. For these reasons, licking one's lips is something that should be avoided.
It also says to avoid acidy drinks, foods etc. as it can irritate the sore areas.

Quote:
Honey has antibacterial properties which can help heal and soothe chapped lips
^ Another thing you could try.

02-12-2010   #7 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Vaseline, drink plenty of water, use a straw.

02-12-2010   #8 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
Vaseline, drink plenty of water, use a straw.
Second that. I also suggest Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm

02-13-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
League of LegendsTrickster Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Aveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura aboutAveu has a spectacular aura about
Guild: SOS Brigade

Alright, thanks guys.

Vaseline and Petroleum jelly just make my lips even more chapped after it comes off, so I won't be using that.
I've been also been drinking plenty of water. and I already have Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm, so I guess I'm on the right track.

It hasn't quite gone away yet, but my the outer part of the lip has been clotted from blood although my lips have never been bleeding. Is this normal?

02-19-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie
IGN: Lynxz,LynChan,MeekaBearz
Class: Fat Emu Sheep / Fat Emu Kittehs to_schoolgirl
Level: 15x,20x,6x
Guild: Midnight

You might also be having a allergic reaction to something. A Chemical or spice. My dad had that problem he would eat garlic and shortly after his lips would swell and become chapped. If the problem keeps going on you should start cutting out things that you think might be causing the issue.

02-23-2010   #11 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Ugh, i hate having chapped lips.

Carmex. Definitely.

I use it when my lips are bad, and it helps a lot. just make sure to rinse and wipe your lips (to remove saliva and such) and put carmex on before bed. If it feels tingly, that's a good thing, it means it's working.

another thing is to keep hydrated. Severely chapped lips are a sign of dehydration, so make sure you're drinking plenty of water to help them heal up.

Another thing you could try are the Aquafina lip balms. I use them all the time and so far, for everyday lipbalms, they're the best, though they'll be what you'll want to use during the day along with the carmex at night. The aquafina ones are usually in a pack of 4 for about 2 dollars at walmart, so it's a pretty good deal.

02-23-2010   #12 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

Lately my lip began to get dry again. I tried Vaseline because I couldn't find my other lib balms. Surprisingly it healed the cracks within a night. Vaseline NEVER worked for me last winter.

02-23-2010   #13 (permalink)

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Have you tried aloe vera? If not, just give it a try.

03-16-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuminaryAtlantica OnlineTrickster OnlineLoong - The Power of the Dragon

chocomallows will become famous soon enoughchocomallows will become famous soon enough

chapped lips? petroleum jelly or maybe a lip gloss, you might be dehydrated at times so drink a lot of water