Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineLuniaElsword

Nanoja has a spectacular aura aboutNanoja has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Nanoja Send a message via Skype™ to Nanoja
IGN: xAniseTatlinx
Class: Entertainer to_cat
Guild: Brave Vesperia
Default Excercises to get taller?

Well here is my issue/question, are there any excercises I can do to stretch my height?

My problem is that I haven't seem to grow as large as I should be xD I'm 5'10, which is an average height for a guy my age BUT, my younger brother got a little bit taller than me, and that can't be good.

So yeah, I would appreciate any advises or excercise routines.

Thanks~! Nanoja~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-11-2010   #2 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

lol hang off monkey bars, the more u do stretching exercises involving the upper body + torso the better.

also jumping is good too

01-12-2010   #3 (permalink)
Don't ask
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

Monkey bar hanging gives you long arms. Height is pretty much just genetics and nutrition. I'm taller than my older brother as well. Don't worry about it and just get your calcium.

oh god

01-12-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

and if i am to believe my e-mail these pills can make by ***** bigger. like twice as big

01-12-2010   #5 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

sorry man. i think heights in genetic and if your lil bro is taller he's gonna be taller.

they do have surgery that can elongate your legs though!

01-12-2010   #6 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

;-; I hear jumping a lot helps in growth, but I don't know if it works for everyone.

I haven't grown in 8 years... Dx; forever short.

01-12-2010   #7 (permalink)
Don't ask
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the roughKenjii is a jewel in the rough

Jumping works out your calfs and makes you jump higher.

oh god

01-12-2010   #8 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

I heard jump rope is a extremely good excercise for the lower leg area and helps your height.

I saw a TV special on how it affects height, and a lot of the kids grew several inches. But, nobody knows if it was due to their genetics or if jump roping actually was the factor. Regardless, they were still taller than most girls... but it could only be a big influence to ages 7-12 (The ages the girls were in who participated in the jump rope activity).
These girls were also national jump rope competitors so...

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

01-13-2010   #9 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

It is genetics..I don't believe there's anything that will make you taller. You may grow a little taller over the years, or you may not. And if you don't mind me asking, whats your age? Cause males don't stop growing until they're in their 20s, find out when your father stopped growing, and that may be when you'll stop growing.

01-13-2010   #10 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Its genetics, I'm also taller than my elder brother.

01-14-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineLuniaElsword

Nanoja has a spectacular aura aboutNanoja has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Nanoja Send a message via Skype™ to Nanoja
IGN: xAniseTatlinx
Class: Entertainer to_cat
Guild: Brave Vesperia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Settie
It is genetics..I don't believe there's anything that will make you taller. You may grow a little taller over the years, or you may not. And if you don't mind me asking, whats your age? Cause males don't stop growing until they're in their 20s, find out when your father stopped growing, and that may be when you'll stop growing.

Screw genetics xD I wanna do something againts it D:

01-14-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

@ hanging off monkey bars or jumping... lol

It's mainly based on Genetics + Hormones + Nutrition, at least thats what studies suggest.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

03-07-2010   #13 (permalink)
No

Teleclast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Teleclast Send a message via MSN to Teleclast

Since you're 19 you're a little late to the party. the best you can do to grow taller is to join a volleyball team, play basketball, and eat healthy. As long as your body has the vitamins, and your body believes you need the height, you can end up growing quite a bit. Everyone I know who played volleyball throughout high school grew way taller than everyone in their family despite it being genetically crazy. One kid in my class, everyone in his family including his brother his own age was under average height (they were around 5'7"), and after those 4 years of volleyball (he was short beforehand) he ended up being 6'5" and with hugely long arms.

Volleyball, Jump rope, Basketball, all of these 'stretch' the muscles that allow you to grow properly. Jump rope gives you longer legs, basketball typically gives both upper and lower height and volleyball typically gives both. I'd imagine if you don't like volleyball/basketball a mix of jump rope and monkey bars would work.