Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation
Default Feeling sick: possible side effects of Red Bull?

>:        

Last edited by Aria; 11-25-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
I love you

Milano has disabled reputation
IGN: Miya
Class: Italian
Level: 22
Guild: Reality

Do you have problems like this with any other type of high caffeine drinks? It could be that you're consuming too much energy for your heart to take it. I know some of my friends drink energy drinks on a daily basis, and have the same problem. I also know that a lady who took 5 hour energy shots (3 at one time) had to go to the hospital because her heart couldn't take it. It's possible that maybe your body is telling you to cool it a bit with the energy drinks. All energy drinks hold stimulants and high caffeine, so it can cause heart burn. This could be mistaken as chest pain, because it wont come up as acid reflux, but yeah. Try to cool it down with the energy drinks a little bit and see if the pain occurs any more. If it doesn't, than energy drinks probably aren't the best idea to drink.

03-11-2009   #3 (permalink)
I love you

It depends on how major the heart burn is. I had heart burn to where it felt like my chest was on fire, but I've had it to where I felt like something was condensing on to my heart, too.

I didn't read #1, so sorry for skipping that one. It could also be the stimulants, though, that you're consuming too much for your body to handle. Every body reacts differently to stimulants, maybe your's just isn't the same as everyone else's when it comes to it.

=(

03-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
I love you

Yeah, just try to drink less or none at all =) It helped me

03-11-2009   #5 (permalink)
Isn't it obvious?

DrScribbles is on a distinguished road
IGN: Vivaladel/Scribbles
Class: Staff/Musician
Guild: Luminous/Abyssal

Red bull is known to be bad for one's heart. x:

The heart is very sensitive, I know mine freaks out if I eat a meal that has too much fat content. (Why I don't really eat at work anymore.)
*Scribbles lv. 61 Musi. [DELETED]
[Retired: Trickster Online, Jewelia]
*LoonyExE lv. 193 Cyber Hunter
*Tenne Lv. 200 Gambler [DELETED]
*iKismet Lv. 210 Wizard
*Riddlez Lv. 210 Champion
Help me find a new MMO?

03-11-2009   #6 (permalink)
I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh

@Strawberry: Best advice I'll ever hear about Red Bull :x *Throws remaining 2 cans in the trash*
-Thumbs up- Best move you could make, I assure you.

03-12-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Jazzy has a spectacular aura aboutJazzy has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to Jazzy
Level: Changes, duh!
Guild: Wet

aww ><; I never tried Red Bull before, but all i know is that the commercials for it is SO JOKES <3 aha sorry, hope you feel better :|

03-12-2009   #8 (permalink)
Idiocy loves company.
Games
Cloud NineLuna OnlinePangyaShaiya

JessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant future
IGN: ReiReix/EllissaMay
Level: 277/150
Guild: A.C.

The pain you have described, it seems to be the same as mine. Im actually allergic to energy drinks.

the pain i get, it starts at the bottom of the ribcage, and works its way half way up my ribcage and up my spine. I used to suffer alot.

What i did, i went to my doctors and got "Ibuprofen 500g" (but i got that free cuz im in england Dx im not sure about different countries), it stopped the pain nearly immediatly, but i was out of school for 2-3 months, i suffered panic attacks (im really secure about my neck and breathing)

but id stop the drinks, find a different energy source.

03-12-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleEden EternalDragon Nest

Lenono is on a distinguished road
IGN: ViradoPaulista
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 17x
Guild: Infiniti

1- if you have any hereditare problems with your heart dont drink energy drinks
2- If you dont work out during the time you drink the energy drink you will feel pain in chest cuz the muscle around that area is acelerate due for one component of the drink
3- i suggest you to try natural ways some teas can help you, energy drinks are bad in the long way they are a just an auto-kill believe me.

03-13-2009   #10 (permalink)
I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh
I think most of what Im still feeling is probably just down to anxiety/paranoia/stress now ._. Everything I think about something that might make me anxious, my heart skips a beat or I get palpitations for a few secs ._.

*Would appreciate feedback from others too* >.>

+rep for you Strawberry lol.
Woo~ lol :3
Thanks.
And try to do yoga or pilates. It always helped me with my stress. It helps to ease your mind, and loosen your muscles.
If all else fails, relax an rent a movie x.x;

Last edited by Milano; 03-13-2009 at 01:24 PM.

03-13-2009   #11 (permalink)
Idiocy loves company.
Games

JessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant futureJessikaLeigh has a brilliant future

If you are still in full time education (18-) you can get free prescriptions. I went to the "BAGDER" clinic, the doctor felt my ribs, did some tests and gave me the prescription. I finished the tablets and stopped drinking the V-Kick, lucazade & Red Bull. Some one suggested herbal teas. Ive seen these in asda and Tescos and they arnt that expensive (well, my college has a starbucks and its sooo expensive in there for such a small cup of herbal tea ;_

If all eles fails, have a look in the little chinese shops around your town centre. I know Birmingham has 2-3 natural chinese remidies shops. These shops might have tea, or other things that could help

03-15-2009   #12 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Red Bull I'd advise against, it has loads of preservatives and other stuff you don't need. I'd say get your caffeine from a more natural source. Herbal tea like the poster above suggested would be good. If not, just regular coffee/tea .-.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

03-15-2009   #13 (permalink)
Idiocy loves company.
Games

I Find it quite ironic. Im doing a project in college about energy drinks. We have to design a sports drink rofl. (i havn't a clue what it has to do with medical science. All ive done is paint!)

But after reading what goes into these drinks, im suprised more people havn't had these pains before.

So many un-natural chemicals that damage our system if took in big quanties D:!

Have you had any remidies ameh? I like honey and lemon tea myself. It gives a big of an energy kick, but not too much to put your body into overdrive.

03-25-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie
IGN: Lynxz,LynChan,MeekaBearz
Class: Fat Emu Sheep / Fat Emu Kittehs to_schoolgirl
Level: 15x,20x,6x
Guild: Midnight

I would of answered this sooner but I forgot D=. Ameh, that same friend of yours got on to me about Red bull like..err..3 days ago now. He told me you had gotten sick after I mentioned not to long ago I went to a party and was Drinking Jäger Bombs. For you who dont know what that is its Simply Jägermeister+Red bull. I knocked back atleast 10 of them before I got sick. For 2 days I had a sick feeling like i was gonna hurl each time I moved, all I could do was force myself to drink water and eat what I could. I'm pretty sure it wasnt the Jäger that did it to me since NyQuil and Jäger are pretty much the same thing and I've been drinking Jager straight for years and never got THAT sick, never gotten sick drinking before OR Hung over. Anyways. Reading more into your issue Its can be a number of things honestly.

1: Your Salt intake. Salt foods can make you dehydrated without your body knowing. When you introduce a High sugar content drink to that it can counter act it or Imbalance your body, thus as Asa said..leading to shock.

2: If you had Sneezed really hard during the day?Or Bent over kinda fast or bent over at all? If you had, you could of pulled a Intercostal muscle
Quote:
Intercostal muscles are several groups of muscles that run between the ribs, and help form and move the chest wall. * the external intercostal muscles, which aid in quiet and forced inhalation. They originate on ribs 1-11 and have their insertion on ribs 2-12. The external intercostals are responsible for the elevation of the ribs, and expanding the transverse dimensions of the thoracic cavity.

Located around the ribs
Which leads to this
Quote:
Damage to any layer of the intercostal muscles is likely to make breathing much harder and less efficient.
If its a stabbing pain it could be a spasm of the same muscle.

Which can make it when you breathe hurt, you'll feel shortness of breathe and moving certain ways also.

I don't drink alot of sugar filled drinks but I didnt get anything like that after my night partying only sick to my stomach.
I hope I shed some light on this.