I've recently been suffering it,and I found the symptoms on a website,I'll paste them on here and bold the ones I seem to be experiencing.
* Your place is a mess; laundry and dishes are piled up, mail is unopened, etc. (Assuming you usually stay on top of these things).
* You've been making excuses to friends why you can't get together with them, or you're telling them you're "just too tired."
* You've really let yourself go - you're wearing clothes that make you look dumpy, you've stopped exercising, you're not shaving unless it's absolutely necessary.
* You're wearing mostly dark colors.
* You're putting off things that need to be done: your car registration, taking that book back to the library, buying a birthday present for someone.
* You can't remember the last time you laughed a real laugh.
* You don't feel like you can handle your job anymore, even though nothing has changed so far as increased workload or responsibility.
* You're drinking or using drugs to escape the pain.
* You've been to the doctor a lot recently, for things like headaches, stomach aches, fatigue, but the doctor can't find anything wrong. Or you have convinced yourself you have a life-threatening illness - AIDS or cancer or a tumor.
* You wake up in the middle of the night, and can't go back to sleep. During the day you sleep a lot to escape from your life.
* It takes you a whole weekend to do chores that used to only occupy a morning.
* Since you've lost interest in things you used to enjoy doing, you try a lot of different activities in the hopes that you can find something to occupy your time.
* You have no ability to imagine or conceive of your life even a few days ahead - no plans, no hopes. You can't even be sure you'll still be here.
* You wear the same clothes a few days in a row - choosing new ones is too much effort.
* You lose things, you lose track of things and can't always remember what day it is.
* You've pretty much stopped eating, or caring what you eat and whether it tastes good.
* On the flip side, you may be eating all the time because you're bored and hope that food will somehow satisfy the vacant feeling you have.
* You've lost interest in sex or even physical affection. Hugging someone doesn't feel any different from leaning against a wall.
* You're reading escapist books (fantasy, sci-fi, romance, mystery) with little effort, but anything more demanding mentally (the classics, reading for school) is too much effort.
* You're avoiding talking to anyone to whom you have an obligation (your boss, friends who you're ignoring).
* You're watching TV constantly - lying on the couch or on/in your bed flicking the remote seems to be the most effort you can deal with.
* You hope you don't run into anyone you know while you're out. Not only is maintaining a normal conversation difficult, but you are sure they'll notice something is wrong with you.
I was hoping if anyone can help me feel a bit better about this
These sigs were made possible thanks to Shnao!
Rest in peace Mara Sig