Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38
Default Depression

I've recently been suffering it,and I found the symptoms on a website,I'll paste them on here and bold the ones I seem to be experiencing.
* Your place is a mess; laundry and dishes are piled up, mail is unopened, etc. (Assuming you usually stay on top of these things).
* You've been making excuses to friends why you can't get together with them, or you're telling them you're "just too tired."
* You've really let yourself go - you're wearing clothes that make you look dumpy, you've stopped exercising, you're not shaving unless it's absolutely necessary.
* You're wearing mostly dark colors.

* You're putting off things that need to be done: your car registration, taking that book back to the library, buying a birthday present for someone.
* You can't remember the last time you laughed a real laugh.
* You don't feel like you can handle your job anymore, even though nothing has changed so far as increased workload or responsibility.
* You're drinking or using drugs to escape the pain.
* You've been to the doctor a lot recently, for things like headaches, stomach aches, fatigue, but the doctor can't find anything wrong. Or you have convinced yourself you have a life-threatening illness - AIDS or cancer or a tumor.
* You wake up in the middle of the night, and can't go back to sleep. During the day you sleep a lot to escape from your life.
* It takes you a whole weekend to do chores that used to only occupy a morning.
* Since you've lost interest in things you used to enjoy doing, you try a lot of different activities in the hopes that you can find something to occupy your time.
* You have no ability to imagine or conceive of your life even a few days ahead - no plans, no hopes. You can't even be sure you'll still be here.
* You wear the same clothes a few days in a row - choosing new ones is too much effort.
* You lose things, you lose track of things and can't always remember what day it is.
* You've pretty much stopped eating, or caring what you eat and whether it tastes good.
* On the flip side, you may be eating all the time because you're bored and hope that food will somehow satisfy the vacant feeling you have.
* You've lost interest in sex or even physical affection. Hugging someone doesn't feel any different from leaning against a wall.
* You're reading escapist books (fantasy, sci-fi, romance, mystery) with little effort, but anything more demanding mentally (the classics, reading for school) is too much effort.
* You're avoiding talking to anyone to whom you have an obligation (your boss, friends who you're ignoring).
* You're watching TV constantly - lying on the couch or on/in your bed flicking the remote seems to be the most effort you can deal with.
* You hope you don't run into anyone you know while you're out. Not only is maintaining a normal conversation difficult, but you are sure they'll notice something is wrong with you.

I was hoping if anyone can help me feel a bit better about this

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

I suggest Exercising. It makes me feel good that I am doing something that benefits my body.

Also, waking up early is another key element. Do not sleep for more than 8-9 hours. Force yourself to wake early by an Alarm clock. If necessary, your parents.

Edit:

Do not think too much, especially the ones with no solution. Go out for daily strolls to clear and ease up your mind.

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

Last edited by Eternal; 01-05-2009 at 05:53 PM.

01-05-2009   #3 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

The key is to keep yourself occupied, or find something that makes you feel good about yourself.
Don't ever feed the depression by thinking of negative thoughts of playing sad movies or music.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

01-05-2009   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Eat some comfort food. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

Or go to youtube and watch Russel Peters videos until the laughs kill your depression.

01-05-2009   #5 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Vegeance has a spectacular aura aboutVegeance has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Vegeance
IGN: Scorpia, ScorpiaX, Excali
Guild: Hidden

Actually almost all adults or teenagers will have a clinical depression or depression in some form or shape of their lives. The symptoms of depression can be reduced (if not biological) by a psychiatrist or psychologist. Asking people for help can work sometimes.

01-08-2009   #6 (permalink)
GM Magnet
Special

SEGAMew will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to SEGAMew
IGN: ~LeonSchroeder~, HaoQiao,
Class: Lion to_scientist
Level: 253
Guild: DayBreak

I hit more things on that list than you >__> Or whatever applies to me at least. I gained freaking 20ish pounds since I joined the Navy, this is the heaviest I ever been. The doctors won't diagnose me with depression or give me any happy pills or anything, because that will auto disqualify me (from a job I never did want).

TWENTY FREAKING POUNDS (and rising)

But anyway, what is bothering you? There has to be a source to this depression problem. I know my own... very well.... *shudders*

[Temporary Sig Until I Get a New one] - Now where have I heard that one before @.@
[Leon's Thread of Arts]

01-08-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

xTakayama will become famous soon enoughxTakayama will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to xTakayama
IGN: xTakayama
Class: Buffalo <3 to_warrior
Level: Under 100!

They say eating chocolates lightens the load. Go buy some :X

Pixel is , Trickster is , FrenchBread is

01-08-2009   #8 (permalink)
Classic.
Games
Trickster Online

TheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the roughTheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the roughTheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to TheRhymenoceros
Class: Professional badass
Level: 27

As someone who has clinical Depression, my first bit of advice is seek some help if you truly believe you have it. Getting help was one of the hardest things I had to do, but in the end it helped me cope with it (I still haven't beat it but I know how to manage the Depression now).

One of the first bits of advice that I was given when I went to counselling was to do things that make you happy.

Another important thing is since you are still living with your mum is to make sure that she is fully aware of the situation. If you are depressed, and she doesn't get, find someone who does. Being able to discuss what you are feeling with someone whos listens relieves a large part of the burden, and makes things easier.

01-09-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Jokerz has a spectacular aura aboutJokerz has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Dare
Class: Xbowman, DK, combat alch.

I hit most of the things on the list... ._. I actually think that I wiash I had depression, becasue in my mind, it would give me an excuse for all the stupid things that I do.
What used to cheer me up is playing with my dog. he always made the world a little brighter and softer.