Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-19-2008   #1 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default Hair Dyeing

Ok so I promised myself (and Khmer) that I would dye my hair during winter break.

Well, it's winter break now so I'll have to make a few decisions.

I COULD just go to a salon and dye my hair there, but it's too expensive and I'm a really thrifty person.

I've highlighted my hair 3 times and dyed it medium brown once, and this is my current hair color --

Spoiler!

That was done at a cheap hair salon.

However, now I want to try dyeing my hair at home, and to buy the dye product myself.

I'm hoping for this color hair (hopefully without bleaching)

Spoiler!

My question is: what brand/color of dye should I use to achieve that color above? Do I have to bleach my hair for said color? And are there any precautions I should take before dyeing my hair at home for the first time?

I was thinking of using a PALTY brand Japanese hair dye (it was highly recommended at a forum I go to) , but I have no idea where it's sold around my area, and shipping costs are not worth the product if I order it online.

these swimming gays ruined my life

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-19-2008   #2 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

KawaiiSaka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KawaiiSaka Send a message via Skype™ to KawaiiSaka
IGN: Lisolette
Class: Evie
Level: 70

I forgot where you lived Kait but usually they sell Japanese/Asian branded hair dyes at asian malls/supermarkets. For the colour you want, on your black/dark brown hair it will show up as "dark brown" still. Those colours are hard to dye without salon help. Ive tried using that kind of colour before and it didn't even show up at all because my hair is super dark.

I heard bleaching damages the hair so I dunno =< For that colour I would go to a professional to do it.

Lunia: Kanairi/RuririSOSBrigade ₒ Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) ₒ Vindictus: Lisolette

12-20-2008   #3 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

A simple precaution, don't attempt to multi-task while you dye it, chances of ending with possible stains everywhere is just bad.
Dark colors are hard to do, especially when you dye and its wet, my hair gets like pure black when I use dark dyes myself. For such colors like that, typically the light is usually safe if not normal solid.

As for finding that PALTY brand, I can't be certain. Possibly try yellow pages.com and call up a few local places to see if they carry it?

12-20-2008   #4 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Don't dye your hair.

I find it unattractive when people dye their hair. It looks unnatural.
Celebrities get their photos photoshopped and professional management/styling.

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

12-21-2008   #5 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh
I just used normal hair dyes like stuff from Loreal or Garnier for the second color, and thats pretty much the color I aim for everytime. You dont need to bleach your hair, but without doing that, it probably wont go THAT light. Mine is like... light around the front and darker near the back o_O I would just leave the dye on for longer but not for too long... somewhere in between, so that the color gets absorbed more. I dye my hair at home all the time, so you should no problem doing it for yourself really :x

@Eternal: To each their own? ._. I dunno how a person can consider another's hair "unnatural" if they dont even know their original hair color.
True, if they dye their hair a natural color, but sometimes I would notice or feel something different about their hair.

As for unnatural. If you see an Asian walking around with blond hair, you will probably guess its dye... Blue hair, pink, hair, yellow mixed with black hair, etc... Well.. I know this girl with some few sparks of orangish and shiny dye on her hair. It added a variety and I liked how it compensated on her, especially seeing the flicker of the orange on her hair when playing basketball with her.

Yes, I know how the asian can be half asian etc...... But you can usually tell, atleast I can. I can usually directly tell how is half asian and who isnt( then talks to them to confirm, I like this specialty of mine). My asian friends, on the other hand, cant for some reason.

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

12-28-2008   #6 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak

I'm in the process of dying my hair right now~ (I'm at home)

I'm hoping for a medium brown color that's a few shades darker than the picture above, since I'm pretty sure I'll need bleach for that. >_>

But yeah, once I rinse and dry I'll post some pics to compare. O:

Thanks for the help/suggestions guys~

EDIT:

K, just dried my hair... It's considerably lighter/redder than before, but VERY dark compared to the picture I wanted.

I tried to take pics of it, but my phone camera sucks and it shows my hair much darker than it actually is. >__<

So yeah, no pics, but I'm happy with my new color, regardless of the unwanted result. :v

these swimming gays ruined my life

Last edited by Ascherit; 12-28-2008 at 06:04 PM.