Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-04-2008   #1 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW
Default Gaining weight.

Basically I need to gain weight...and I need to know which type of exercises I need to do in order to gain weight.

I don't want to be fat/chubby.

I am getting the food right now, lots of beef, eggs, milk, water, toast, butter, peas...etc etc.

One of the bouncers I work with told me to lift HEAVY weight, weights that I can only lift 8-10 times per rep, which the 8th-10th should be very tough but not impossible.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-04-2008   #2 (permalink)
Mental K.O.

Jumpstart will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Jumpstart Send a message via Skype™ to Jumpstart

well protein is good for fat as well as your MASCLES! but honestly avoid fast food restaurants to get some extra fat as they're worthless in nutrients. Maybe you might wanna stick with meat although keep some vegetables in your diets.

12-04-2008   #3 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Lean red meat, lots of protein but less fat then regular meet.
Im guessing you wanna bulk up? Like as in muscles not fat?

12-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

i think blaaaow's nutrition guide talks about doing that too

12-04-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

SonyCoon can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to SonyCoon Send a message via MSN to SonyCoon
IGN: BloodySony/ForeverSony
Level: 220/278
Guild: Caballa

Haha im actually losing weight because i run track now.

12-04-2008   #6 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute

Guys...like I said before...I know what food to eat and not to eat.

I need the right exercises now. =P

12-04-2008   #7 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Hmm so you're basically gaining weight overall without the fat. I guess then muscle mass is your goal. You might want to ask or wait for blaoow to reply for this one. Or you could go to a bodybuilding site lol.

12-04-2008   #8 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

drink whey and lift weights?

12-05-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Juno is on a distinguished road
Guild: Athena

heavy lifting with a low repetition aim would be best for just sheer weight...but why @_@?

12-05-2008   #10 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Maybe you can try what Michael Phelps did? Swims and eats 15,000 calories(previously 12,000 calories)

12-05-2008   #11 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

1. Jog, helps to condition the whole body.
2. Average weights and high reps for stamina.
3. Heavy weights and low reps for bulk.
It is better to start with 2 for about 2 to 3 weeks first before you proceed to 3 or you can injure your joints. Don't lift weights daily, let the torn muscles repair back or you probably won't gain much.
Try to lift weights as a flow don't strain your breathing.

Don't eat a meal until you're very full.
Eat 5 meals a day.

The main advice is to build up your joints first, you don't want to risk injuring your joints cause it usually causes permanent damage. Jog and lift lighter weights and do exercises during the days you don't lift weight like sit ups and stuff.
Don't push it, if you know the next rep is the last don't try another one just to make sure it is the max, cause lifting it half ways can get you injured as well.
If your joints starts hurting you might want to do some joint strengthening and rest your joints.

The idea is to tear some muscles so they can grow back larger, but tearing too much it gonna have a reverse effect.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

12-05-2008   #12 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Misleading title. You want to gain MUSCLE not weight. You're not going to get anywhere if you typed this thread up. Dedication is the key. Go check Blaaows guide.

12-05-2008   #13 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Well, gaining muscle is gaining weight, muscle weighs more than fat guys 8D

You should do a full body workout, probably a reasonable amount of working too. Maybe work on upper body one day, then lower the other, then switch 8D

I <3 KUDA

12-11-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

blaaaow has a spectacular aura aboutblaaaow has a spectacular aura aboutblaaaow has a spectacular aura about

The only essential exercises you need are deadlifts, squats, and a variation of the bench press. The others are just icing.

I know most people do, but don't shy away from deadlifts and squats. They have been shown to produce the most anabolic hormone responses (ie testosterone, IGF-1, GH, etc.) in comparison to any exercise. They both also train your whole body, thus adding mass almost everywhere. Make sure to use the correct form too, you can easily injure yourself if you're not careful. Also focus on gaining strength. A stronger you in usually a bigger you. If you are told otherwise then that person is stupid. Show me a person who can bench 400, deadlift 600, and squat 700 who is small. (BTW that bouncer you spoke with is right. Shoot for 8-10 reps, with the last 2 reps surprising yourself that you were able to complete them)

Also, you can lift all you want, but you will not gain muscle if you aren't eating enough! You see people in the gym all the time, and everyone does the same thing. But the difference between those people who are getting larger and those looking the same every year is one thing: DIET!

Rest is important too. I used to train 6 days a week and grew at a decent rate, but I got burnt out and cut back to 3-4 days a week and blew up (relatively speaking). Remember, you grow OUTSIDE of the gym.

Last edited by blaaaow; 12-11-2008 at 09:35 AM.

12-11-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

blaaaow has a spectacular aura aboutblaaaow has a spectacular aura aboutblaaaow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno
heavy lifting with a low repetition aim would be best for just sheer weight...but why @_@?
Lifting heavy weights and adding weight every time is an indicator that you are gaining strength (using good form obviously). Like I said in my last post, show me someone small who can bench 400, deadlift 600, and squat 700 (you probably won't find any).

12-11-2008   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhikiri
Basically I need to gain weight...and I need to know which type of exercises I need to do in order to gain weight.

I don't want to be fat/chubby.

I am getting the food right now, lots of beef, eggs, milk, water, toast, butter, peas...etc etc.

One of the bouncers I work with told me to lift HEAVY weight, weights that I can only lift 8-10 times per rep, which the 8th-10th should be very tough but not impossible.
Beef and eggs... YUM.

Just a suggestion. Butter sucks as a fat source. Use fishoils, olive oil, and nuts instead.

Milk isn't that great either. I mean, the type of protein (casein) provides a great amino acid profile and digests slowly, but the sugars in milk suck. I'm talking about lactose here. It's a waste of calories and possible bloating(will make you look fat) since we can't even digest it.

Toast is okay, but I'd rather have something like oatmeal or rice.

Definitely off to a good start though!

What are your stats?

12-14-2008   #17 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games

Now I started working out...daily.

I am not sure if I should work out daily...any suggestions?

Right now I am eating lots of eggs (raw at times...lol), eating beef and chicken...basically eating 5 times a day. (Excluding the 2 cans of Ensure I drink, morning and evening)

But are those cans any good? Ensure

12-15-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

kracher is on a distinguished road
IGN: kr4cher, 2ndkracher
Class: All of dem xD to_lion
Level: xxx

You also should plan to give your body some time to rest.
Muscles dont grow during training, they grow while they sleep.

It depends on your exercises too, like always... I know for myself that I need 2 days w/o training.
(even if I think i can do more... )

12-15-2008   #19 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games

blaaaow, the gym I work out at doesn't have barbells...so I really can't do deadlifts or squats.

12-17-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhikiri
blaaaow, the gym I work out at doesn't have barbells...so I really can't do deadlifts or squats.
lol what kind of gym is that? You can do them with dumbbells too, but that really limits how heavy you can go... That really sucks. They are really my meat and potatoes when it came to going from 125lbs to almost 185lbs now.

I'd also recommend training 4 times a week, and adjust according to your intensity and recovery levels.