ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Beauty, Fashion, Fitness & Health (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/)
-   -   Spec, or contact? (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/23990-spec-contact.html)

Miyuki 10-15-2008 11:57 PM

Spec, or contact?

As title, prefer contacts or specs @_@?

For me, uh...specs sometime just "a burden" to my face ;o;

And contacts, sometime it's troublesome @_@'...

Xpecial 10-16-2008 12:00 AM

It all depends on the person and he or she normally does.

Or more importantly, which one looks better 8D

Eternal 10-16-2008 12:03 AM

Contacts because I am athletic

Zephy 10-16-2008 12:05 AM

I use neither. But if I have a preference, I'd go contacts.

Azusa 10-16-2008 12:15 AM

I like glasses. For whatever reason, whenever anyone wears glasses I always think they look much better.

Reser 10-16-2008 12:28 AM

I wear glasses. I used to wear contact lenses but its just alot easier to wear glasses... contacts can take time to get in and out, you always have to remember to take them out or can dry on your eyes, and can get uncomfortable at times.

The only thing with glasses is looks, but I buy designer glasses and I prefer the way i look with them then without.

I am so used to glasses they are no longer any burden at all, the only burden is when I misplace or drop them and i have to blindly try and find them lol. Bad enough trying to find something lost, nevermind finding them with only half your vision lol. I always have to get someone to help. I hardley loose them now though because they only leave my face when I sleep.

Oh I also kinda have to wear glasses lol. I have a prism in one of the lenses because I have a weird problem with my left eye where when i focus on something for a while it sort of rolls and looks down lol, so i end up with very blurred vision and i look very very odd. The Prism in the lense corrects the problem somehow, tricks it or something lol o.O. My glasses just look like a perfectly normal pair however. If I want to wear contacts permanently i would have to have an operation on my eye which I am not too keen on lol.

So yeah I vote Glasses.

Catharsis 10-16-2008 12:59 AM

Glasses for work, because they make me look professional and mature (hides my baby face).

Contacts are for formal events and dates, or when I have to do strenuous activities like sports. I learned my lesson when I got hit in the head with a volleyball spike while wearing glasses... :x

Reser 10-16-2008 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharsis (Post 524924)
Glasses for work, because they make me look professional and mature (hides my baby face).

Contacts are for formal events and dates, or when I have to do strenuous activities like sports. I learned my lesson when I got hit in the head with a volleyball spike while wearing glasses... :x

LoL.

Yeah I used to keep a pair of contacts for formal events, then I started to wear when i went out drinking on fridays, but was not really a great idea cause when you get home after drinking the last thing on your mind is taking out contact lenses.

I woke up once the next day after slumping straight into bed after a night drinking and had a panic attack cause I had left them in, i luckily got them out after alot of water and solution in my eyes lol. Dried contact lenses in eyes can be very dangerous.

My friend got hit in face with basketball once when wearing glasses, they snapped clean in two lol xD, I managed somehow, at first i didnt wear them during sports, because back then i only really really needed them to see the board e.t.c. But eyesight gradually got worse then i had too. Now Its uncomfortable not to wear them cause alot of stuff is blurry.

Miyuki 10-16-2008 01:52 AM

I much used it at work, class [since its frickin blurry @_@] and when driving ._.

Edit: Using glasses.

Reser 10-16-2008 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyuki (Post 524940)
I much used it at work, class [since its frickin blurry @_@] and when driving ._.

I would say glasses would deffinatly be most suitable. while driving if it is sunny it may cause your eyes to water which if wearing contact lenses can cause them to become uncomfortable, sun can also dry out your eyes also causing discomfort.

In Class and work both would be ok I guess, but no real advantages for contacts there, in class i was tired alot and rubbed my eyes lol so contacts would come out xD.

If you do choose to wear contacts, just always make sure you carry your glasses with you also, I spent many a day at school squinting at the board when my lenses had come out xD, they really did not work for school for me, i got tired too much in class, too much eye rubbing xD.

Strikegundam 10-16-2008 03:59 AM

I look weird without glasses..so i prefer glasses

Miyuki 10-16-2008 04:06 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention @ that post.

*wear glasses* at those occasions

@_@

Strikegundam 10-16-2008 04:11 AM

D: miyu sama sometimes wears glasses?
PICTURES OR DIDN"T HAPPEN

Tardar 10-16-2008 04:25 AM

I wear contacts during the school week, but on the weekend I just wear my glasses.
I'm indifferent about both really. With contacts I have peripherals, with glasses I have a younger look apparently. But I have to one or the other, bad vision, but no funky prism stuff lol.

Bolter 10-16-2008 04:29 AM

None, I have perfect eyesight.

XooSliceooX 10-16-2008 06:49 AM

Err, I'd say specs for me. When I'm playing sports, I just take off my glasses as it's not like shooting or whatever. I'm not as blind /yet/. 8D

DemiGodDanzig 10-16-2008 06:56 AM

love my glasses,
contacts are too itchy

Noctis 10-16-2008 07:19 AM

I wear glasses. I prefer them. I could never wear contacts because of all the hassle and stuff that comes with them. Plus, I blink like crazy whenever I try to use eyedrops so trying to put in contacts would be out of the question. And I get tired and rub my eyes a lot. Also, if my glasses fall off, much easier to find and less cleaning necessary to put them back in.

And for glasses on other peoples, I tend to think glasses can help people look more mature and for some reason I think girls look cuter with them.

SephyChu 10-16-2008 09:56 AM

I actually got contacts during the summer, somehow I kind of regret not getting glasses.

Way too much of a hassle. Contacts you have to keep buying solution for your eyes etc. D:

Plus, contacts are burden if you're sleepy. >_> (Hates getting tired in class.)

Or you can get both contacts/glasses. xD

My medical insurance didn't work for both. ._.;;

AnnabelleMarie 10-16-2008 10:36 AM

i wear contacts when im out at school, work, partys and anywhere else

glasses when im on the comp playing games.. less stress for my eyes and before i go to sleep

the only bad thing about having both is the moneys ZZZz my insurance only covers glasses not contacts ftl...