Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-28-2008   #21 (permalink)
??
Special

Blue will become famous soon enoughBlue will become famous soon enough
Guild: Debaters

Man, I used to do sit-ups and push-ups for 30 mins. I did that once a day, once a night for 4 months and I saw no improvements... I was really depressed so I quit. ;/

(I eat a lot of rice and meat if that counts?)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-28-2008   #22 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

muscles don't show through fat?

06-28-2008   #23 (permalink)
??
Special

I'm not fat. I'm fit. I just wanted some muscles and abs. Haha.

06-28-2008   #24 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

e how many did you do??

I did 1k sit ups total in a couple of day and gained a 2 pack when I was like 12.

06-28-2008   #25 (permalink)
??
Special

60 in the morning, 60 in the evening. I guess my body sucks. ??

06-28-2008   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster Online

mirc is on a distinguished road
IGN: BuffaIo

You know its not really about how many situps you can do, its more about if your doing it properly and how your form is. Also if you want to see abs don't just do only situps, you need to do lots of cardio as well. Or you can try switching over to crunches instead of situps, but the cardio has to stay.

06-28-2008   #27 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

blaaaow has a spectacular aura aboutblaaaow has a spectacular aura aboutblaaaow has a spectacular aura about

Hey guys, mirc is right. You make can make 20 sit-ups hurt worse than a 1000 if you're doing them right.

And to blue, you need to cardio and diet to see your muscles. Henreh got it right when he says you can't see it through fat. Remember, no matter how hard you try... you can't flex fat! . If you don't have abs... there's some fat over them that can be rid of with hard work.

And what you said about your body sucks is so true for so many of us. It's all in genetics. The only people I have seen that can get muscular through mowing lawns and playing darts, and I don't mean to be racist here (I'm actually jealous), are black people. Not always, but a lot of the time black people have superior genetics when it comes to musculature and strength. Anyways, what good does complaining about genetics do anyway? Work with what you have since you've got no choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirc
Lol, my leg injury I got it when I got drunk. I was all tipsy and kept falling over so I bashed my knees a lot and my leg got all cut up. Then after that my cuts got infected too so my legs are kind of a mess right now.

Also about shin splits thats what I was thinking that it could be. Was just looking for a second opinion first, cuz my doctor is stupid. She's just like "Oh take these pills for your leg and it should get better." Lol, still not better..

Well I also have another thing to ask. Like I said earlier I just started running a lot, but I also get chest pain after. When I finish running my lungs would be killing and my chest would tighten up, do you know what it could be? I'm gonna try to get some xrays done to see if its anything more.
lol getting drunk ftw! Anyways let that heal up then get to work!

Jeez, pills don't fix everything. Try out those suggestions I said in my last post.

About your chest pain, I don't think I could say anything but check with your doctor on that. You could be over-exerting yourself, but I really couldn't say.

Last edited by blaaaow; 06-28-2008 at 08:17 PM.

06-28-2008   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster Online

mirc is on a distinguished road
IGN: BuffaIo

Thanks for the help/tips again. I'm gonna do what you said earlier for sure! :P

06-29-2008   #29 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

I read through it and a lot of your information requires some professional help from maybe a nutritionist which I heard is expensive x.x

06-29-2008   #30 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

blaaaow has a spectacular aura aboutblaaaow has a spectacular aura aboutblaaaow has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirc
Thanks for the help/tips again. I'm gonna do what you said earlier for sure! :P
Glad to be of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKakashi
I read through it and a lot of your information requires some professional help from maybe a nutritionist which I heard is expensive x.x
I actually see a nutritionist who is a national-level competitive bodybuilder. I knew all of this beforehand, but like I said, this is a BASIC nutrition guide. My nutritionist really helped me expand my knowledge about what MYbody can and can't handle. I did fine without him, but I wanted to find someone that can push me to the next level.

Honestly, a nutritionist is not going to surprise you with amazing new facts and secrets that isn't already out there. A skilled nutritionist will only be able to individualize diet programs and have the ability to make proper adjustments.

So as I've said, anyone can do this. It does not REQUIRE professional help. It depends on how bad you want it and takes a lot of patience to make it work for you.

Last edited by blaaaow; 06-29-2008 at 09:26 PM.

07-07-2008   #31 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Umm lol I cant handle how to do negative pull ups. Some one explain it to me.

07-07-2008   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
Umm lol I cant handle how to do negative pull ups. Some one explain it to me.
You replied to my training thread so I'm guessing you saw my pull-ups there too. The "negative" part of the pull up refers to the "eccentric" part of the motion (going down), as opposed to the "concentric" part of the motion (contracting the muscle). Accentuating and controlling the negatives is a big part of my training in all exercises since that is, arguably, where most muscle hypertrophy (growth) occurs from.

Vid of the pull up:
Video of july 1, 158lbs, pullup 60x7 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As you can see, my negatives are controlled and slow. Whereas you have other people just DROP before each rep.

Last edited by blaaaow; 07-07-2008 at 09:25 PM.

07-08-2008   #33 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Very nice guide ^^b. I like it, though 1-2 gallons of water... kind of sounds a bit overdoing in my opinion.

07-08-2008   #34 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0n
Very nice guide ^^b. I like it, though 1-2 gallons of water... kind of sounds a bit overdoing in my opinion.
1 gallon of water is can be done EASILY. I drink 3 liters during my workouts, that's about 1 liter short of a gallon. And during meals I drink AT LEAST 500mL of water (as much in a water bottle)... that's another 3 liters during the course of the day adding up to about 1.5 gallons already. Then including all the water I drink randomly, it equates to almost 2 gallons. If you are drinking water regularly, it should not be a problem getting 1 gallon of water daily, which really isn't much at all..

07-08-2008   #35 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Oh, lol. My conversions are wrong then.

After a second read, how would one schedule a 6-8 course meal a day?

07-10-2008   #36 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Been reading the thread and It ade me remember that i've been trying to get in shape and help my room mate lose weight (he's a biiiig boy).

I have a couple of questions for ya.

As far as protein sources go, how would you rate soy? I use it a lot for cooking (Tofu, Soymilk, Okara, ect.) and everything i've read on it shows that it's really good for protein and iron. That and I love the taste :3

I have fairly bad scoliosis and poor leg circulation and it's hard for me for me to actually exercise sometime because it simply hurts too much. Got any tips for what exercises I can do? Other than swimming of course.

Also, the eating every 3 hours of so isn't very plausible for me on my work days o-o

Oh, and as an added note (mostly personal opinion as a cook), It seems like Onigiri (riceballs) would be excellent for the meals if someone is on the go. They travel well and are easy to eat, easier than a sandwich if they're made right. Plus, they can actually have a higher Rice to meat ratio than just rice and meat, without the rice tasting all bleh.

(invests in a Bento)

07-10-2008   #37 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0n
Oh, lol. My conversions are wrong then.

After a second read, how would one schedule a 6-8 course meal a day?
Eat every 2.5 to 4 hours. After a day or two, if you are eating the right combinations of food, you WILL be hungry since your metabolism will be revving like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
Been reading the thread and It ade me remember that i've been trying to get in shape and help my room mate lose weight (he's a biiiig boy).

I have a couple of questions for ya.

As far as protein sources go, how would you rate soy? I use it a lot for cooking (Tofu, Soymilk, Okara, ect.) and everything i've read on it shows that it's really good for protein and iron. That and I love the taste :3

I have fairly bad scoliosis and poor leg circulation and it's hard for me for me to actually exercise sometime because it simply hurts too much. Got any tips for what exercises I can do? Other than swimming of course.

Also, the eating every 3 hours of so isn't very plausible for me on my work days o-o

Oh, and as an added note (mostly personal opinion as a cook), It seems like Onigiri (riceballs) would be excellent for the meals if someone is on the go. They travel well and are easy to eat, easier than a sandwich if they're made right. Plus, they can actually have a higher Rice to meat ratio than just rice and meat, without the rice tasting all bleh.

(invests in a Bento)
Awesome you're trying to get your roommate in shape. The biggest challenge for me when I try to help someone is realizing that some people don't care about being in shape as much as I do lol.

Soy is a good source of protein. However, it IS a plant protein therefore it lacks some essential amino acids that meats and fish have. It's okay to have, but make sure you get protein from a variety of sources.

I work also up to 9-10 hours daily. By law you must have the opportunity to have two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute break for every 8 hours you work. You're also supposed to have breaks working over 6 hours as well, I'm not sure the exact law on that one. Also... it takes 30 seconds to down a protein + oatmeal shake, so a quick trip to the bathroom can be a meal (lol that sounds disgusting).

I don't really know much about those rice balls... but they sound delicious lol. That's definitely something I'd like to try out since it seems so convenient (convenience is always nice ).

07-10-2008   #38 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Thanks for the advice. I mostly learned to cook with soy because my best friend is a vegetarian and learned to make soy milk because her boyfriend is lactose intolerant. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaaaow
I don't really know much about those rice balls... but they sound delicious lol. That's definitely something I'd like to try out since it seems so convenient (convenience is always nice ).
Riceballs are my favorite food in the world, and Nori (seaweed sheets) are a good source of iodine. There's molds you can buy online that let you make them in a snap, and they aren't too hard to make without a mold.

ONIGIRI 1

that's pretty much how I make mine, except I sprinkle salt on my hands before getting the rice too keep them from sticking...the hardest part about making them by hand is handling the searing hot rice >_<

07-11-2008   #39 (permalink)
[露丹恵瑠]
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Location: Niagara Falls, Canada Ontario [Yeah stalk me OHOHOHO]
Ronin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ronin
IGN: Show
Level: Your
Guild: Moves

Do you have any tips on how to work on a 6pack in the summer season? (i don't go to the gym in summer) My friend told me just doing sit ups regularly will do the trick
What i do is hold 15-25 pounds behind my head and go half way up and i do about 30 of these per day then rest on weekends is this efficient?

07-11-2008   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
Thanks for the advice. I mostly learned to cook with soy because my best friend is a vegetarian and learned to make soy milk because her boyfriend is lactose intolerant. lol

Riceballs are my favorite food in the world, and Nori (seaweed sheets) are a good source of iodine. There's molds you can buy online that let you make them in a snap, and they aren't too hard to make without a mold.

ONIGIRI 1

that's pretty much how I make mine, except I sprinkle salt on my hands before getting the rice too keep them from sticking...the hardest part about making them by hand is handling the searing hot rice >_<
Those look AWESOME. What kind of fillings could I put in? I'm thinking ground beef or maybe pieces of chicken. What do you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
Do you have any tips on how to work on a 6pack in the summer season? (i don't go to the gym in summer) My friend told me just doing sit ups regularly will do the trick
What i do is hold 15-25 pounds behind my head and go half way up and i do about 30 of these per day then rest on weekends is this efficient?
EVERYONE has a sixpack already... All you have to do is burn off the fat on top of it so you can see it. This is ALL in your diet, cardio, and training. Take a read at the first post in this thread and read through it. When you're finished, ask questions.

Also there is no such thing as spot reducing, meaning you can't just do sit ups and get a 6-pack. Have you ever seen a guy who has fat everywhere except he's got a 6-pack? Obviously no. This is because fat burning is a whole body process, not just one area.

BTW, if you don't have a 6-pack showing at this point in the summer, it'll be tough to get it before the season's over. That's why I always suggest to start dieting in February or March so you have time to make the right changes.

Last edited by blaaaow; 07-11-2008 at 05:10 PM.