Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie
IGN: Lynxz,LynChan,MeekaBearz
Class: Fat Emu Sheep / Fat Emu Kittehs to_schoolgirl
Level: 15x,20x,6x
Guild: Midnight
Default Hair Dying tips.

Okay, I'm praticaly a pro at dying hair, tho I've never been to a beauty school I self taught myself from trial and errors.

So these are my tips for dying and a little bit more.

Dark to Light Hair:

If you have really dark hair such as Black or dark brown an wish to go to a lighter colour like blonde or a red. It's kinda easy to go to the store an pick up a box of colour and most people think thats all they need to do. NO, you're wrong.
There are two ways you can do this. One way is time consuming and the other is rather quick. I'll explain both ways.

Lighting step by step:

Go to a local market an buy the colour you wish.
When you get home wash your hair but don't condition it. Washing your hair will remove oils an dirt from the hair for even dying an easy coverage. Using a conditioner will only add a slick surface to the hair an dye will be harder to stick to the hairs.

Brush your hair, making sure everything is even and removing any loose hairs.

Mix the product as said.

Dying your roots- its easier to place the dye on your roots an use your finger tip to rub into your roots, rubbing into the scalp is fine, but can not be left on longer than 30 mins.

Cover your whole head, root to tip int he dye and wait for the allotted time.

Rinse the dye out but do not wash your hair.
Dye takes over 24 hours to set so don't try to wash your hair or rinse till the water runs clear.

Your hair will be a lighter colour but not the colour you want, you'll need to repeat this every 2 weeks untill the hair is the colour you wish.
Takes alot of time I know.

from Dark to Light in 24 hours:

You'll need to find a market that sells hair bleach, bleaching your hair will leave your hair as a empty canvas to apply whatever colour you wish. Bleaching your hair allows the colour you pick to come out brighter and bolder.

Bleach that I would say thats best to use would be; Raw White-Out Bleach Kit or Color Fiend 40 Volume Bleach Kit

Wash your hair and brush it before applying the bleach kit.

Leave the bleach on hair for the allotted time for your hair colour.

Rise the bleach from your hair an wait over night to place your colour in.

Before placing the colour into your hair you'll need to wash your hair once again to make sure all the bleach is out.

Mix the Product as said an apply to your hair, allowing it sit as the time says.

Rise but not wash, or wait till the water runs clear, remember dye takes over 24 hours to set so after the 1st 24 hours you can wash and condition it as you please.

Pretty simple really.

Streaking your hair:

If you have dark hair an wish to streak it a lighter colour, you might wanna bleach the area(s) before doing so to make the colour POP pre-say.( You'll follow the steps below for bleaching streaks)

You'll need a piece of Tin Foil 1 inch larger that the with of the hair an 2x longer.

Place one end at the roots of where your hair starts, hold with one hand and apply the dye with the other. ( Or bleach)

after doing so and you're sure you've covered the hair well, take the other end an fold up to the end at your roots. Use a bobby pin to pin the foil in place.

Wait the allotted time and Rise out.

If you're adding more streaks just repeat the steps and rinse out all at once.
If you're bleaching you'll need to do this twice, once for the bleach and once for the colour. You may need a friend to help you if you streak the back of your hair.

For the people who don't like to dye their hair but want to add colour to it:

You might wanna invest in some Loose Falls.

Loose falls are fake hair that you simply tie into your hair.
You can have it match your hair colour and have different colours in it. Or you can have them Micro-braided or even dreaded.

A place to buy them. Sarah is great at this here is her website. http://www.ikickshins.net

Now Depending on the type of falls depends on the price, but hey! If you can reuse them over and and over, the price is worth it. But here are a few examples =3

Colouring And Streaking For Light Tones:

This is a more complex thing an there are two ways to do it.

You can dye your hair all one colour go back an bleach certain parts you want to be streaked. [See Streaking Your Hair]

Before you beginning to dye your You can use either Surran Wrap or tin foil to apply to the hairs you wish to streak.
This will block out the base dye.

Dye your hair. [Read In Dark To Light for Dying Tips]

After the steps are done, you'll want to get tin foil 1 inch wider than the hairs an 2x as long.
Place one end at the roots of where your hair starts, hold with one hand and apply the dye with the other.

after doing so and you're sure you've covered the hair well, take the other end an fold up to the end at your roots. Use a bobby pin to pin the foil in place.

Wait the allotted time and Rise out.

Dying The Undergrowth Of Your Hair

This is VERY Simple. Works FAR better if your hair is layered. Mainly if you have it layered long to short to long.

Step One: Pull up the layers of your hair leaving the layer of undergrowth you want to dye, free flowing.

Step Two: Place Surranwrap around your neck. This will make sure the dye DOES NOT stain the back of your neck. And Always wear a old T-shirt while dying.

Step Three: Mix your Dye. ( If you have to bleach 1st, read on how to bleach)

Step Four: Place dye onto the hair you wish to dye. You can pin your hair up off your t-shirt but its best to let it free fall.

Step Five: Wait allotted time then rise out. REMEMBER DO NOT WASH TILL AFTER 24 HOURS!

Any questions you have have about dying your hair, feel free to ask =3.

Last edited by Ashie; 07-22-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-24-2008   #2 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

This is amazing! ^-^
I was thinking about dying my hair something soon from dark brown to red with blonde tips.

So though bleaching is faster, is it just as effective as the first method?

06-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie

Bleaching may leave your hair feeling really dry, while the long step by step will give it time for your hair to heal pre-say.Bleaching is faster an less expensive due to the fact with the long step you'll have to by the hair dye between each dying session. But if you pick to bleach and your hair feels really dry or damaged, try a deep conditioner =3 But it works just as well incase you change your mind on what you want to do with your hair.

06-24-2008   #4 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

Okay then! Thanks for the info! 8D

06-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Added more, more will be added later.

I.E

Dying the Undergrowth And Frosting.

Might add how to install weave D< YES THEY MAKE IT FOR WHITE GIRLS TOO D<

06-25-2008   #6 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

/read later
ty lyn, WATCH ME TRANSFORM NOW 8D

06-25-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Haha Np Jas. You need to take a Before an after pic an show me so I can see 8D

06-25-2008   #8 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

Does all hair dye smell like a dead skunk, or is it just mine?

06-25-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Depends on the brand you're using. I Prefer Ammiona Free. ._.But its a dye it's not suppose to smell all frilly =P

06-25-2008   #10 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

Now here's the problem. Why do all hair dyes have a woman's face on it??
I'm not supposed to buy it???
hahaha

Why do u have a photo of that guy ...whats his name...the "Don't hurt britney" guy

06-25-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

O_o I don't have a Cris Crocker Photo D<

all so Women are more prone to dye their hair than guys D<

06-26-2008   #12 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

So much effort... T_T I just go to a salon, pick up a magazine, and let my stylist do her thing.

<--- lazy

07-16-2008   #13 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

Stickied. Great guide =).

07-17-2008   #14 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

o_ o; so I got some of my hair dyed blue... which I got done at a salon... hm...

So I was wondering what kinds of things you can do to keep the colours in as long as you can. The hair dresser said that washing it in cold water will help... and I also bought shampoo that treats for coloured hair. @_@; when I wash my hair... it's scary 'cause there is a LOT of blue. ;-; makes me think there will be none left.
D; Any other tips?

07-20-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Crownworld is on a distinguished road

My cousin's mom runs two hair salon, and they have a Paul Mitchell lady at the modern-er salon. Anyways, the lady said when you wash your hair, to let it run under water for a while, and to shampoo once very well and then flush it out with a lot of water. Afterwards, when you condition, condition only the tips of your hair. This is because the conditioner is the thing that takes color away from your hair, not the shampoo (I don't know how that works, but that's what she said, so I'll go with it). And then to flush it out with a lot of water. And then let it run under water some more and water some more and water some more...

A lot of water.

And that it's better to wash your hair once every other day instead of everyday. However, if you got your hair bleached before you dyed it, I really suggest deep conditioning the bleached hair. I just got my hair redyed too, it seems to work nicely. I miss washing my hair everyday though Q__Q.

Sorta like some clear diamonds.

07-20-2008   #16 (permalink)
is stressed from projects

Kiara is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kiara
IGN: Kiara
Class: Knight lt_knight
Guild: Kirameki

This is a really great guide!

I've been wanting to get highlights for a long time, but my mom doesn't want me to put chemicals in my hair because they'll damage my already dry hair. And also she told me it was painful. (not quite sure if that is true)

So I have dark hair, and if my hair is already a bit dry and damaged... Would it be better for me to take care of my hair to get rid of my damaged stuff before I dye my hair, or should I wait until afterwords to fix it? D8

And is hair dying supposed to be painful? D8 I never found out. .___.

07-21-2008   #17 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownworld
My cousin's mom runs two hair salon, and they have a Paul Mitchell lady at the modern-er salon. Anyways, the lady said when you wash your hair, to let it run under water for a while, and to shampoo once very well and then flush it out with a lot of water. Afterwards, when you condition, condition only the tips of your hair. This is because the conditioner is the thing that takes color away from your hair, not the shampoo (I don't know how that works, but that's what she said, so I'll go with it). And then to flush it out with a lot of water. And then let it run under water some more and water some more and water some more...

A lot of water.

And that it's better to wash your hair once every other day instead of everyday. However, if you got your hair bleached before you dyed it, I really suggest deep conditioning the bleached hair. I just got my hair redyed too, it seems to work nicely. I miss washing my hair everyday though Q__Q.
lolwut? o___o; Strange at the part that it isn't the shampoo that takes the dye out... because there's a lot of blue in my tub when I'm rinsing the soap out of my hair... and almost none when I rinse the conditioner out. =/ I thought you were supposed to condition your hair well because the chemicals make it dry... @_@;

@Kiara

...uh... it could hurt you if you have a bad reaction with the chemicals. It can cause irritation to your skin. =x When I got my hair bleached, it was a little itchy but otherwise, it doesn't 'hurt'. If you get it done properly, provided that you're not allergic and cover your skin, then it should be fine.

07-21-2008   #18 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara
This is a really great guide!

I've been wanting to get highlights for a long time, but my mom doesn't want me to put chemicals in my hair because they'll damage my already dry hair. And also she told me it was painful. (not quite sure if that is true)

So I have dark hair, and if my hair is already a bit dry and damaged... Would it be better for me to take care of my hair to get rid of my damaged stuff before I dye my hair, or should I wait until afterwords to fix it? D8

And is hair dying supposed to be painful? D8 I never found out. .___.
Highlighting your hair isn't itchy, but dyeing it is. :C

these swimming gays ruined my life

07-22-2008   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

@ Crownworld, Thats highly not true washing your hair CAN remove the product, as I've stated before you do NOT wash your hair after dying it wait 24 hours because the dye is still setting.
They tell you to do that because WELL you get it done there the quicker it fades the more money you pull out of your pocket to have them RE-DO it. So no thats not true.

@ Yume, Thats normal, your dye will bleed for awhile because the that hasnt set enough will wash away little by little each day, but you can try this since you're scared it'll fade. Take a little bit of Vinger and apply to the dyed area. Sounds odd huh? But Vinger allows dye to set quicker and stays longer, why do you think when you dye easter eggs they call for vinger? Also if you use Head and Shoulders or Purell that will strip the colour right out of your hair.

Also Yume the dye they placed in your hair was it Semi Perm or Perm? And How long ago have you had it done? Because if you dont know if it was Semi Perm or Perm, if its been washing out for over a week then Its Semi Perm which means it will fade away with each wash. X_X

@ Kiara, Hair dye dont hurt only if you have like a open wound on your sclap or you get a really bad chemical burn. And since you're talking about highlights. Highlights never touch the sclap, they start at the base of the hair and go down. Some dyes WILL make your hair Brittle or dry out. IF you're worried about that use Granya Furtrese System ( Cant spell atm). Also If your hair is dryed out and you still wanna dye it a quick fix would that works wonders is Aussie Deep Conditoning System use that for atleast week and you should see your hair back to normal then you can procede to dye it.

^^ I'm gonna take Cosmotolgy in Job Corp as one of my trades X_x So...Yeah. But I'm really glad you guys like this I was thinking about writing a guide of Cheap Skin Care Products made at home @_@ But anymore questions and I will try and answer them asap and I'll update this damn thing when I get enough time to on here to do so.

07-26-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Crownworld is on a distinguished road

The conditioner did seem off @__@... I thought they cared about our hair ;-; But yeah. On a side note, the other day I was walking around the house with just conditioner in my hair for like an hour or so, and when I did rinse it out the color did slightly fade. Maybe it's just the conditioner.

Sorta like some clear diamonds.