Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Beauty, Fashion, Fitness & Health

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-13-2013   #1 (permalink)
Banned

RoyLeer is on a distinguished road
Smile Help! Cosplaying as Eren Jaeger from Shingeki No Kyojin

There is a Shingeki No Kyojin cosplay in the next week, and I want to cosplay Eren Jaeger.This will be my first time cosplaying and I got a few questions that might help me get started. 1. Where can I get the gray jacket for an affordable price? 2. What is a good concealer to use for dark circles around eyes? 3. For the crest on his jacket, would there be any other way to make that than having to sew/glue cut fabric together? Eren Jaeger / Equipment Thanks for any responses and I may have more questions later

Last edited by Sandrie; 06-13-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-13-2013   #2 (permalink)
swiggity swoogity
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

2. Any drugstore concealer should work -- make sure you pay attention to coverage detail because some are light for like natural/everyday wear and some are thicker for blemishes/dark eyes. Also some come in different shades so make sure to pick the shade that matches best with your skin.

3. I'm no cosplay guru but if you want to make a quick-and-dirty decal to stick onto the jacket then try using permanent head-and-bond with fabric pieces (it's like a wax-paper sheet that you cut to fit the shape of your decoration and you can bond it to the decoration via steam ironing and then bond it to a piece of fabric provided that it's iron-able). More info here: Heat'n Bond Ultra Hold Iron-On Adhesive- 17''x12'' & no-sew solutions at Joann.com

06-14-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Why not cosplay a Titan? That costume is free, weighs nothing and you´re the center of attraction. Guaranteed!

06-14-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
League of LegendsElsword

Loreli is on a distinguished road
IGN: Uyie

I'd check a thrift shop for some good finds if you want to cosplay.

For the crest I guess you should just sew to together or you could get it commissioned. But that takes time and if you're cosplaying next week, I doubt you'll have it in time unless you know them and they live near you. So I guess you'd be better off going to fabric stores and their sales department to find some good cheap materials to make it yourself.