ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Beauty, Fashion, Fitness & Health (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/)
-   -   Pedicure (http://ggftw.com/forum/beauty-fashion-fitness-health/113326-pedicure.html)

LauraMix 06-03-2012 11:45 PM

Pedicure

Hiya,

On Memorial Day, while I was out with my parents to IHop for breakfast. My mom kept looking at my feet while I was wearing sandals since it was hot outside, Then I asked her why was she keep looking at my feet. And she told me that I needed a pedicure, at first I was really embarrassed. But then, I looked at my dad for some kind of Dad to Son sign and he agrees with my mom. After that event, My Mom's suggestion has be hovering in my mind for days and I was wondering.

Is it All right for guys getting a pedicure? :py25:

Ascherit 06-04-2012 12:09 AM

I would think so. Nail care is important to both men and women. Pretty sure the kind of pedicure that your mom is suggesting is one that just trim nails/cuticles and removes dead skin from feet.

Almora 06-04-2012 12:16 AM

Of course it's alright! I don't see any problem with it and I definitely agree with Ascherit on the interpretation.

Some guys I've seen have horrendous feet, like dirt and all that icky stuff. It's common sense to cut your toenails when they get long or remove dirt under the nails >_<

LauraMix 06-04-2012 12:24 AM

I mean I cut my toenails, and I just let water do the work for cleaning w/o soap :py25:

Almora 06-04-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraMix (Post 1730439)
I mean I cut my toenails, and I just let water do the work for cleaning w/o soap :py25:

Maybe it was just dry skin then? xD You know, the look on your feet when it's like covered with white powder :o

LauraMix 06-04-2012 12:30 AM

Yea that explains it xD.

Mitchi 06-05-2012 12:12 AM

I think anyone who plans on wearing footwear that shows their toes needs a pedicure, male or female. Or anything in between.

Dani 06-05-2012 05:28 AM

^ Agreed. Toes can be so mangled and dirty it's scary to think about. D:
I actually got a pedicure last Friday and I still find it weird to have random people touch my feet sdfkhsdkfhj

Yume 06-05-2012 10:24 AM

If it's dead skin, maybe use a loofa and scrub.
Pedicures are not only good for looks, but for hygienic too.

A well groomed and kept man is just a well groomed and kept man.

Almora 06-05-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yume (Post 1731207)
If it's dead skin, maybe use a loofa and scrub.
Pedicures are not only good for looks, but for hygienic too.

A well groomed and kept man is just a well groomed and kept man.

Yeah, the loofas and scrubbing helps a lot. Pretty sure that the feet and under the nails are the most neglected in terms of hygiene for men, not on purpose though ;A; People just forget.

But yeah, other than that, moisturizing also helps a ton if you don't mind slippery feet for a few minutes of your life everyday.

There's nothing more attractive than a well-mannered & groomed man!

Mitchi 06-05-2012 06:04 PM

One more kinda important thing. Pedicures are important for reducing ingrown toenails, if you are prone to them. I used to get them quite bad as a kid, though i don't anymore.

Plus digging out all that gunk that can accumulate under your toenails really helps your feet smell better.

LauraMix 06-05-2012 06:29 PM

Hmm...thanks for the suggestion guys :3, I guess I'll man up and go for it >D!