League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-08-2012   #1 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 26
Guild: ladybug
Default Inivisalign

I thought I'd make a thread to see if anyone here has used them before. I have a very annoying tooth that has been slowly moving over the past few years due to having a small mouth and well, tight fit for my teeth. The tooth on the opposite side is beginning to move a little two. It doesn't hurt or anything, just knowing theyre both there and getting worse, ruining my "perfect bite" as my dentists have said, bothers me.

But I have a few questions, I'd look at reviews on other sites or would ask someone who sells them here in town, but I'd rather come here first, as I trust people here more.

How are the edges? Are they sharp? Do they curve in/out?

What is the texture like?

How long did you use them for before noticing an improvement?

Were you able to stop using them after your teeth were straight enough? I heard somewhere that you had to keep using it even after that, which is another reason I won't trust googled sites on it.

How did you go about cleaning them?

Im sure you have to wear them while you sleep, were they uncomfortable?

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being 10 being the worst, what was your pain level while you used them?

How often do you need to get a check up and see how they're improving? I know my brother who had braces had to go every few months, is it the same?

Thanks, I hope to hear from someone ;o; I may have more questions later.

Aaaaaa typod the thread name >:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-08-2012   #2 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

I've never personally used these or know anyone who has. However, I have had braces and now wear retainers at night.

If they're anything like the retainers I use (clear see-through plastic) they just slip on over your teeth. I've been wearing mine every night for probably 5ish years now? The only things I can tell you from those though are that if I do forget to wear them a night or 2, then when I do wear them again my teeth usually hurt (very little) the next day. But you get used to using them and it's easy to go to sleep with them in.

As for cleaning I "try" to clean them once a week with (iirc) polydent (denture lol) cleaner that you put the tablets in a cup thing and fill it with water, and then let them sit for a while. But every once in a while I have to actually brush them with my toothbrush. Just remember to brush your teeth before putting them in!

I would DEFINITELY talk to you dentist about them though, they usually know what's best for your mouth or at least stuff to try~

05-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm trying to get into my dentist for a check up, but I'm waiting for an opening, they're always busy, and if not, I go 6 months from now, lol. I'll definitely check with them before going to get them, though. They might suggest getting something else/cheaper since my teeth aren't too bad, and these can be very expensive.

Thanks for your input :3!

05-09-2012   #4 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

There are other options than just getting invisalign, that is expensive and I've known a few people who have used it..
Being as your teeth aren't very bad, I'm pretty sure you can get braces on just a few teeth, or there's something else they can do since your whole mouth doesn't need to be adjusted. When you go ask them what your options are.. I've heard invisalign is hard to get out, you have to take it out when you eat (obviously) and put it back in..And yes sleep with them on. Not sure if it's uncomfortable, I've never used it, but never really heard anyone complain about it being uncomfortable.

05-09-2012   #5 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

Yes you can get braces on a few teeth. I did this before I had two teeth extracted with braces on. however the wire was cut and this was irritating. I couldn't get wax to stick.
Do not know about invisalign but I bet you will not get cuts in your cheek from wires on the bracket part that loops around a tooth irritating your tongue.

05-09-2012   #6 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

I'm planning on getting invisilign soon... one day... lol. I heard about it through my boyfriend's younger brother who is still using them. I don't know much, but he does have to take them out when he eats. My boyfriend one where he has to wear the bottom part when he sleeps (well he's supposed to).
His younger brother replaces his every week or so, and you have to go in for check ups once in a while to make sure your teeth are forming correctly and so they can make the right molds for you.

I would definitely prefer these over braces, but then again I have a few crooked teeth and a strong over bite.

I should schedule that appointment...

05-09-2012   #7 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games

Yeah, I don't want wires is why I considered it instead. My brother tells my how much his braces hurt and it's a bit scary. But I will check what the best option is, if they say wired braces well, I guess I'll get them. ;o; Hoping to get an opening so I can get in soon, I really don't want to change dentists since the one I go to I've gone to since I was a kid

Thanks for the help guys <3