ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Battlefield Heroes (http://ggftw.com/forum/battlefield-heroes/)
-   -   Who's playing? (http://ggftw.com/forum/battlefield-heroes/64422-whos-playing.html)

Eire 11-24-2009 02:08 PM

Who's playing?

So who's playing BFH right now? Obviously the old thread is a little out of date and I'd like a list of possible people to add so here goes.

Me - Eire (4 characters in game).
dotKaZE - dotKaZE
HolyAbyssal - HolyAbyssal
Mitchi - Rialga

Nihil679 11-24-2009 09:41 PM

I played a bit before I started my MMORPG phase again.

Then came the class patches and I just almost dropped it completely. I only sparsely play it when I'm not grinding with friends, and instead, I'll be playing PSP on those times now. The patch just changed so many things in ways I greatly disliked.

Username is dotKaZE. I'm usually busy, so don't expect me to play that much any more.

Eire 11-25-2009 03:16 PM

Was it the gunner patch that annoyed you? What aspects did you dislike. I personally thought that the autumn patch gave gunners a little boost, but then they went and ruined it by making their guns more powerful the following week. All of their good work was completely undone.

HolyAbyssal 11-25-2009 05:41 PM

I started playing, but heavys/gunners are too OP'd.

Gotta love commando though

Eire 11-26-2009 09:06 AM

I used to love commando too, but just a week ago or so they reduced their rifle by 33%, which makes me, a pretty average player, useless with the class. Bleh! :(

Mitchi 11-26-2009 04:16 PM

I was gonna try it out but it doesn't work on my laptop. *tear*

Guess I'll have to wait till I get my good computer out of storage next month.

I like the cartoony graphics, but I'm not a fan of not being able to choose gender...then again, I guess it kinda makes sense, there's a lot of people who wouldn't want to shoot a female sprite.

IGN is Rialga, btw.

Red 11-26-2009 05:00 PM

I am gonna try this for sure when I start my winter break. I like vehicle driving part of the game...lol

HolyAbyssal 11-26-2009 08:20 PM

My IGN is Oliveror, EA Games username is HolyAbyssal. Feel free to add me

Quote:

I used to love commando too, but just a week ago or so they reduced their rifle by 33%, which makes me, a pretty average player, useless with the class. Bleh!
I just went heavy now =/

Eire 11-27-2009 03:56 AM

I'm surprised it doesn't work on your laptop Mitchi, it's designed to work on any ten year old pc. Also, I really enjoy the vehicle aspect of it too, especially roadkilling unsuspecting victims. The new map they realeased (on the PTE) is pretty large and heavily vehicle based, with about 12 jeeps, 8 tanks and 8 planes. I'm really enjoying it.

@Holy, you just went gunner now? I started to level up my gunner too. It feel a little unfair having so much power, but it's a lot of fun. I love the suicide mentality of it, charging into battle knowing that even if you die, you'll take someone with you. :D

HolyAbyssal 11-27-2009 04:42 AM

^ I know right. I like the tons of ammo part bout it. Only thing I don't like about the gunner is the slowness.You can also just massacre anyone with a gunner if you spam speed boost and everything.

And, about the maps, I prefer planes even though I'm crappy with them (lol). I usually get onto the sides when I can, and pull out my rocket launcher. Then I just shoot randomly. It's fun XD

Eire 11-27-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyAbyssal (Post 1070546)

And, about the maps, I prefer planes even though I'm crappy with them (lol). I usually get onto the sides when I can, and pull out my rocket launcher. Then I just shoot randomly. It's fun XD

Completely agreed, especially if you're with someone who is a good pilot. I just keep hoping that by some miracle one of my rockets will smack a tank and "BOOM". The best I've done so far is about 5 damage =X

I'm getting better with the plane too. The boost to damage means I can occasionally scare people with them. If you like planes you'll like the new map.

I'm really hoping they put in some sort of quest/PvE mode. Team Deathmatch is good fun, but I like the RPG element to it too, and want a change to properly earn items/currency.

EDIT: @Mitchi, female models should be coming soon (TM).

Amanda 11-27-2009 08:09 AM

Gonna try it out o-o

HolyAbyssal 11-27-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eire (Post 1070625)
Completely agreed, especially if you're with someone who is a good pilot. I just keep hoping that by some miracle one of my rockets will smack a tank and "BOOM". The best I've done so far is about 5 damage =X

I'm getting better with the plane too. The boost to damage means I can occasionally scare people with them. If you like planes you'll like the new map.

I'm really hoping they put in some sort of quest/PvE mode. Team Deathmatch is good fun, but I like the RPG element to it too, and want a change to properly earn items/currency.

Actually, I can blow up a car with one shot, but tanks are a no-no.

Planes are interesting to control, if you have a very steady hand you should be fairly well with it.

But @bolded part, please do! It would be interesting to just see you and like 3 other people blow up enemies. It'd be faction seperated, but it may actually help other classes out (ie : Gunner is PvP, Commando is PvE) Totally agree on that.

Oh yeah, I'll make a like, strategy/general discussion thread so we don't keep spamming this one. k

Mitchi 11-27-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eire (Post 1070530)
I'm surprised it doesn't work on your laptop Mitchi, it's designed to work on any ten year old pc.

The laptop I'm currently using is...fussy. It's my mom's, and I don't have mine set up since I'm in the process of moving. I should be getting my new laptop in the mail soon, so hopefully I can start playing :D

BTW, what factions did everyone choose?

Nihil679 11-28-2009 12:21 AM

Ugh, okay, the Gunner patch annoyed me slightly, but after I got over it because I usually play Commando and everything's either kill now or die now.

NOW, it's just... ohmygod, this Commando patch hurts me.
Troop Trap has a retarded placement duration where it doesn't explode for seven seconds, so you can't use it like a bomb now.
Apparently, you make a sound when you get near someone in Stealth. No wonder people turn right around when I get near them from the back.
Rifles. Die in a fire. Damage down. Piercing Shot no criticals.

Everything's just pushing Commandos to be campers now. I can't play a knife/pistol Commando like I used to because I used Troop Trap as the majority of my offense and defense. Now I just use it as a defense, what bullcrap is that.

And Gunners are easy with the patch. Short-ranged Machine Gun, level 5 aimed shot whatever it's called, hold mouse button, skill, aim, done, repeat. I hit 2k points easily in a match. Joined late (as in scores being lower than 20s) and reached at least 1.7k.

ANGER.

Pwntang 11-28-2009 02:55 AM

Soldiers are so borkens.

HolyAbyssal 11-28-2009 04:06 AM

Mitchi, most of mine are Royals.

Nihil679 11-28-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwntang (Post 1071589)
Soldiers are so borkens.

Burning Bullets are rage. ez SMG are rage too.

Eire 11-28-2009 03:18 PM

@Mitchi

Couple of things to check:
Make sure you have .NET framework from Microsoft (silly browser launched game)
Graphics drivers up-to-date?

Don't know what exact error you were having, but those issues are common on the forum.

@All of the above, yeah commando is pretty terrible right now. I actually have a lv. 22 nat comm. with a K/D ratio over 2 that I'm playing as little as possible right now, as I know the sight of my ratio plummeting to under 1 will depress me. Instead I fool around with a level 9 Royal comm. and have learnt that the long pistol/knife isn't too bad (but it may be due to my purposely bad ELO and low level I'm being matched up with idiots).

As for soldiers, they're pretty alright at the moment. Devs hinted that they will get a deserved boost in mid-range damage. I'm doing okay-ish with mine right now. If I hang around with a gunner/soldier it makes things 10 x easier.

Gunner after the boost is a lot of fun, but not much fun to come up against. I don't care how well I do with mine, I just love rocket jumping/spamming and kegging groups of enemies while I (try to) mow them down.

[/essay]

Amanda 11-28-2009 03:31 PM

From level 1-5 in one match as a gunner

Then I got the frenzi fire or w/e, and with the hero shield and that, i can't really die.
Also, the short ranged Mg for gunners.. is awesome for long range too. I get so much exp(and hp) shooting airplanes across the map with it.