ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   The Bar (http://ggftw.com/forum/bar/)
-   -   [OOC] Between Wings and Dreams (a FFXII rp) (http://ggftw.com/forum/bar/86652-ooc-between-wings-dreams-ffxii-rp.html)

PedroRomero 11-24-2010 09:04 PM

[OOC] Between Wings and Dreams (a FFXII rp)

Between Wings and Dreams

a final fantasy xii rp

It has been ten years since the restoration of the Dalmascan Kingdom and the end of the war between Rozzaria and Arcadia. There are those who lead peaceful lives as cockatrice breeders, merchants, and more. However there are still less traditional employment to be found: sky pirating or monster hunting.

Lately there have been reports of strange events occurring in the wastelands of Nabudis and lots of warnings to stay away from the area. Many monster hunters are often sent to the area to combat the spread of the unnatural beings but despite the danger there is said to be a powerful treasure lurking within drawing opportunistic fools to the scene as well.

Do you seek the aide in the fight or are you out to discover the treasure for yourself?

Hello... welcome to the Final Fantasy RP thread. I suppose in the end the final fantasy idea became a full blown Final Fantasy XII rp but don't worry. If you did not like or play the game it is merely a game that uses the classes and maps of the game. Any information you need should be found in this thread or in a link I will provide. Other wise please feel free to ask.

The starting point is Rabanastre and it also the “home” base for the RP whether you are a thief, pirate, free lancer or clan member. Clan members can be based in the bazaar or the clan hall, thieves in lowtown or the Sandsea, pirates in the aerodome or Sandsea, and freelancers in the Sandsea or the town square. You can wander around to other areas but that’s just usually where people of those type are spotted. (see character creation for details on character types)

Quote:

Rabanastre NPCs

Montblanc - A moogle and the leader of Clan Centurio. He has brown fur, blonde hair and wears a green jacket and white turtle neck.

Gurdy - Montblanc’s sister and a moogle involved in chocobo rental. If you need a ride come see her. She has you covered. She is seen usually wearing a white flower on her head and long sleeves.

Migelo - The merchant who sells basic supplies. He’s a kind and well dressed bangaa who gives part time work to orphans in need. He is willing to assist you if you’re willing to work. He also stocks what you need if you seek to buy.

Tomaj - A hume in an orange vest and the bartender at the Sandsea where marks (hunts) are posted in Rabenastre. He is a Clan Centurio member and recruiter. If he sees promise in you he’d likely tell you all about how to get in… for a price. He’s self centered, loves money and women.

Van - A young hume with dark brown hair and a generic Rabanastran appearance. He is not to be confused for the hero Vaan and instead is an arrogant kid seeking to make people value him as much as he values himself. He bothers just about anyone who lets him.

Yuuki - A hume from Archades who is a star hunter in Ivalice. He is not affiliated with any Clan but his name is known everywhere for his great power.
Quote:

Dies Irae Crew NPCs

J. Ayala Romero
BIO: The older brother of the ship's Captain Locke. He maintains the airship's supplies and chooses to stay on board at all times. He is in charge of rationing out potions and the like. He also is in charge of selling acquired loot. Because he is rarely seen he has the highest bounty on his head... but nobody really knows what his fighting ability is like.

Katelyn Celeste
BIO: Kain's twin sister. Like him she has long black hair and deep blueish grey eyes. She is the ship's navigator and at times, entertainer with her beautiful voice. She often goes into song with her brother and many other crew members. It is said she's the more level-headed of the Celeste twins. She herself doesn't really fight much but when the time arises she fights with a sword and uses black magick and white magick.
RULES:
-No Godmodding
-Please… do not hijack the thread (aka suddenly the story is about Jane the Viera taking over all of Ivalice in the name of the Wood)
-Do not kill NPC or characters unless permission is granted.
-Please do not control other people’s characters.
-Any questions? Ask Sven (PedroRomero) or consult the Final Fantasy wiki

Final Fantasy XII - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research

PedroRomero 11-24-2010 09:19 PM

FFXII Character Creation Guide

To create your character:

Quote:

RP: (what RP is this character made for?)

Name:
Race: (More info below)
Height:
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:
Notes:

Appearance:
Personality/Character:
History:
Special Abilities: You may choose up to 3 categories to be proficient in… (more info below)
Equipment: You can choose up to two weapons to be proficient in. (more info below)
Races
: Just because your race is good at magic doesn't mean you have to be a spell caster and vice versa.
Spoiler!

Occupation : although your character didn't always HAVE to be one of these occupations these lend itself to the story quite well.

Spoiler!

Special Abilities

Weapons
Spoiler!

Nihil679 11-24-2010 09:47 PM

I want to make a Viera but I get the feeling we're going to get 70% Viera and 0 Bangaa and Seeqs, lolololol.

PedroRomero 11-24-2010 09:54 PM

lol! i'm leaning towards either moggle or bangaa actually

Nihil679 11-24-2010 10:08 PM

Can we have half races like hume/viera, it's hard for me to imagine long-living characters, ffff

PedroRomero 11-24-2010 10:15 PM

i wonder that too because in the game you never see any interracial couples. I think balthier and fran arguably are the only interracial(species) couple in all of ivalice! if you can think of a convincing half character i'll permit it. Though if hume and viera can mate I'm afraid what will happen with a Seeq and Hume!

Nihil679 11-24-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroRomero (Post 1407869)
i wonder that too because in the game you never see any interracial couples. I think balthier and fran arguably are the only interracial(species) couple in all of ivalice! if you can think of a convincing half character i'll permit it. Though if hume and viera can mate I'm afraid what will happen with a Seeq and Hume!

Well, from what I've read so far, there's the aegyl and Viera that made the Feol Viera. Unfortunately, they got killed off and I kind of doubt a second wave of Feol Viera would suddenly appear.

MAYBE I CAN MAKE MY CHARACTER A DESCENDANT OF FRAN AND BALTHI--- /shot

PedroRomero 11-24-2010 10:20 PM

oh yeah i forgot about that. i never beat revenant wings.

i thought of the fran-balthier thing too when replying to ur post... but then remembered that this is 10 years after the game so any offspring of theres wouldn't even be a teen yet. but hey maybe some other smooth guy managed to bag him a viera too

Nihil679 11-24-2010 10:27 PM

Oh right.
Don't really want to make a young character in this either since I already have one in Cradle. UNLESS SHE TURNS OUT TO BE MECHANIC OF YOUR SHIP LIKE FRAN--- /shot

I'm thinking of something.
Maybe.

PedroRomero 11-25-2010 08:54 AM

i still can't decide between bangaa or moogle... kupo. also edited the weapons to include "pole" instead of "rod"

Harlequin 11-25-2010 09:11 AM

I was working on a character sheet, ohoho. Is 2 daggers cool, though? :v

EDIT: /forum/character-info/86706-jyrn.html

PedroRomero 11-25-2010 09:33 AM

sure i won't fault you for that.

posted my Bangaa: /forum/character-inf...ml#post1408395

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bishop i like those clothes!

Nihil679 11-25-2010 08:30 PM

/forum/character-inf...ml#post1408658

The best part about it being a Final Fantasy RP is the fact that I can think of the most unique clothing and it would seem perfectly normal.

PedroRomero 11-25-2010 09:24 PM

hey! just looked at the info for your character. i said earlier that it'd be allowed if it were convincing so here are some things to consider:

-you made balthier and fran out to be terrible parents. they can't even take time out of sky pirating to have a proper family after having a kid?
-leaving her to a caretaker made me think of penelo... i think penelo's pretty no nonsense. this girl wouldn't have turned out a thief.
-they had Larsa around i don't think they're the type to think it's be dangerous to have their daughter
-she's 10. does this mean Fran was pregnant during the game?

Right now it's looking like as long as this chara parents aren't balthier and fran it could pass.

Nihil679 11-25-2010 10:49 PM

I wondered about that, guess it wouldn't work.

Changed some things then.

Age 10 -> 13
History from yeah to some more poverty history so thief fits in. OTL

Dani 11-26-2010 06:37 AM

Hi Pedo I'm breaking the VIERA MOLD and am playing as a hume.

PedroRomero 11-26-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihil679 (Post 1408800)
I wondered about that, guess it wouldn't work.

Changed some things then.

Age 10 -> 13
History from yeah to some more poverty history so thief fits in. OTL

yeah sry about that but just wanted things to make sense with the game and timeline. i'm adding them to the list now. thanks

and lol Dani! i actually wasn't sure what race you'd choose.

sevidical 11-27-2010 06:34 PM

Here isFugly Russet

Hi, friend of Pedro here~ Excuse me, I'm quite the noob.

Going to upload my moogle later.

Hope to have fun and stuff.

Dani 11-27-2010 06:36 PM

Hi Pedo's friend. I'm Pedo's other friend.

Sandrie 11-27-2010 06:41 PM

Hmm, I'm still kind of on the fence on this, lol, i raged so hard on FFXII.

i'll probably make a hume though if i do.

and hi pedo's friend. I'm pedo's other other friend.