Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-06-2010   #1 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e
Default The Goddess That Turned Into Stone-OOC Thread

REFERNCES:
Spoiler!

HAI I DO POASTS DIS NAO. Stuff is broken cause I copy pasta'd from my lolblog. I will fix later.

Ahem, well my dream date to start is late may/early june, when I'm semi-free from school.

Current Participants:

Roflknife (/forum/character-inf...-therthar.html)
Dani (Aikaiito Kagamiya)
PedroRomero(Blanche the Hallow Knight)
AshLikeSnow(Shinkirou the ambidextrous)
Sandrie(Laila Irick)
Tategami(Erhu)
Mitchi(Maeve Drest
[Note:for you guys that played Mabinogi before, the plotline is pretty similar to Generation 1 Mainstream Quests.])

Quote:
Erinn is a beautiful place, considered by many to be a paradise. However, Erinn has been in danger for quite some time because of the Fomors. Many people lose their lives, or their livelihood, thanks to the constant battle between the humans and fomors. Many fomors are strong and dangerous, even for the strongest of warriors.
However, at the moment, it seems to be at relative peace. Many of the fomors have retreated away from the major cities. People are starting to go back to their normal lives.
However, rumors spread around: the fomors are planning something big, something that will change Erinn forever.

K I am very smart. I had all this typed out and ready to go TWICE and it went poof. Go me. I decided instead of trying to type out all that junk I had again I will just make the thread and add stuff later. If you have any questions about anything at all, please just ask me (or consult the mabiworld wiki, however it's rather slow atm).

Available races:
Human
Elf
Giant
Fomor

You're free to ally with anyone you like, however stereotypes are elves hate giants and vice versa (i.e. If you are a giant and go to Filia, the elf town, you will get attacked.) Fomors hate humans and vice versa (most if not all humans distrust fomors). There are all exceptions in the game, so I don't mind exceptions here.

Skills:
Skill List (Elf) - Mabinogi World Wiki
Skill List (Giant) - Mabinogi World Wiki
Skill List (Human) - Mabinogi World Wiki

There may be some restrictions on some skills like Final Shot or Final Hit. Also, no skills that have not been implemented in the NA server. I don't know how they would be like.
Also, you can only have 1-5 rank 1 (highest) skills depending how "experienced" you are. You may have as many skills as you like though. Just know the more skills you know, the less you can be good at a single one ("jack of all trades, master of none").
If you end up picking a humanoid fomor that is in the game, you may keep the same skills EXCEPT passive defenses or weird skills like self destruct (so if you are a incubus, you may keep the advanced magic such as ice spear, but not mana reflector/heavy stander/natural shield). Just ask me for clarifications if necessary.

Weapons:
Category:Weapons - Mabinogi World Wiki
There are TONS of them you can pick from (except guns, har har). They included (but not limited to)
1-hand Swords (humans can dual wield)
2-hand Swords
Maces/Blunts (Giants can dual wield these)
Wands (unless you have a special upgrade, if you switch wands, your mana /mp completely disappears.)
Wooden Sticks
Shields
Bows
Longbows
Crossbows (If you are using magnum shot, you CANNOT move while loading, btw)
Knuckles (giant only)
Musical Instruments (see siren)
random gathering tools (called Ineffective Weapons by the mabiwiki)
Spirit Weapons (aka ego weapons, they are weapons that grows as the spirit in it does. Ask me for personality types, because they are technically NPCs)
Cylinders - needed to use alchemy skills.

World Map: So you know where is what. -insert map here- >_>

The RP is very unlikely going to go past Port Qilla. In fact, most (if not all) should be taking place in the continent on the left (Uladh). Also, because of plot change, technically Iria has not been "discovered" yet.
Also, Erinn is very big. Like it takes forever to get anywhere big. Everyone may have a horse/mount however.
Towns:
Tir Chonaill: A little small town in the northern part of Uladh. Home to Alby and Ciar dungeons.
Dunbarton: A city surrounded by walls, it is the center of trade and commerce. Rabbie and Math dungeon can be found nearby.
Emain Macha: One of the bigger cities in Uladh, boasting a large cathedral and a castle. Rundal and Coill dungeons are found in the area
Bangor: Once a prosperous city, however, it was once attacked by the Fomors. Many people have left, only leaving a handful of people. However, the town is still widely known for the blacksmiths and mining resources. Barri dungeon is within the town (once/still is a mining area).
Taillteann: More commonly known as the "alchemist town," this large city hosts lots of alchemist resources, farms, and others. No dungeons are around here, but the shadow realm (yes) is in Stonehenge.
Other Dungeons: Fiodh (forest dungeon), Peaca (lolsuicidal)

Character Profile:
Quote:
Name:Can be your standard first/last name. You can also have titles such as "The Wise Sandrie" or "Sandrie the Golem Slayer" like in the game, but if you include a last name put it in please.
Age:10-whatever. Can't die in mabi, lol (although the oldest you'll look is 17, lol).
Description:
Notable Skills: Mostly Advanced magic or high ranked skills. You are free to have any skill you like, as many skills you like, but only up to 5 high ranked skills.
Notes: anything you'd like to mention else goes here.

MabiTactics101:
If you are looking for more specifics check the mabi wiki. If you have no idea how mabi skills works don't panic. Just understand these basic relationships:
Smash>Defense
Counterattack>smash and normal attack
Defense>Normal attack
Everything else gets...complicated. If you run into something and don't know what happens be sure to ask me or someone that knows mabi, so you won't go flying with just one icebolt hit or somehow not get knocked down by magnum shot. Please try to have a little familiarity with the skills you'll be using though. If there isn't an embedded youtube video on the wiki there should be examples on youtube.

I'm probably forgetting something else...well this will do for now. I'll clean up/fix things later, I just noticed that the world map went poof too >_>.

Last edited by Sandrie; 06-07-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-06-2010   #2 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

fff if I join this this makes the 4th rp I'm in. I wanna join though purely since its mabinogi related Q____Q brb contemplating my OPTIONS

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-06-2010   #3 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

ffffffff 4th RP.

I'll join anyway, I'll get my character sometime tomorrow.

05-06-2010   #4 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Oh hell yes, you know I'm joining.

05-06-2010   #5 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Hi.

This is Kyuubey

05-06-2010   #6 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Guild: Hardcore

-headspins-

late may you say? ok i'll get my character up some time... eventually. and then when he has the dream i'll make him say "i wanna continue living my life"

05-06-2010   #7 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

could I just screencap my skills ingame and have the image uploaded instead of having to type them all out? lol
/lazy

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-06-2010   #8 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

/forum/character-inf...-therthar.html

How about a more original plotline =|.

05-06-2010   #9 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
could I just screencap my skills ingame and have the image uploaded instead of having to type them all out? lol
/lazy
Yeah sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
How about a more original plotline =|.
I think I might end up doing that, because G1 was meh anyway. I want to include (certain) stuff that happens in G10 at least though. BRB thinking of more original plotline

Also for people worrying about all these RPs to keep up I'm not starting it anytime soon, and if necessary we can wait until one or more gets finished.

05-06-2010   #10 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

well it is late may. that gives us almost a month to see where the other RPs are going anyway

05-06-2010   #11 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

yeah a month ;_;
Maybe burning steel will be done by then/almost done lol

05-06-2010   #12 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

yeah maybe.

why isn't there a list of the skills for fomors. what's a fomor anyway

05-06-2010   #13 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroRomero
yeah maybe.

why isn't there a list of the skills for fomors. what's a fomor anyway
Uhm, a fomor is this "evil" race that was forsaken by the gods/goddess that is trying to take over Erinn. They feel like they rightfully deserve it, and all humans should die because of their greed/sin/whatever.
They mostly reside in TNN (Tir Na Nog), and the Shadow Realm (Shadow Taillteann, no Tara cause that's not out). Some do reside in Erinn, such as dungeons, and some are safe to talk/associate with, such as Guro, a goblin saleman.
There isn't a skill list because they each have unique skills.

For example:
Siren (Monster) - Mabinogi World Wiki
A siren is a specific type of fomor, which in case happens to be in Rundal Dungeon.
Since you probably don't know the icons I'll list them (from left to right):
Counterattack, Defense, Windmill, Thunder, Summon Monster (walking fishys lol), Teleportation, Chaincasting, and all passive defenses (heavy stander, mana deflector, natural shield) level 2.

Those are all the skills she has. But an Incubus on the other hand:
Incubus - Mabinogi World Wiki
Smash, Counterattack, Defense, Windmill, Icebolt, Firebolt, Lightningbolt, Fireball, Ice spear, chaincasting (not sure if it works on the advanced magic), all passive defenses lvl 2.

However, these guys are dungeon bosses so of course they have lolhax skills. Which is why I'm not allowing monster chaincasting (because fully charged advanced magic in 3-6 seconds...no.) or passive defenses (which can essentially reduce damage to 1 at high levels).

Anyway, your free to pick pretty much any humanoid monster either found in game, or you can make one up. In that case, you can use any skill from any of the lists I gave save Final Hit and Final Shot.

Also! Changing plot, which means it's creative liberties time!
(gonna try to keep some of the details true from the game...)

Last edited by Sandrie; 05-07-2010 at 04:25 AM.

05-06-2010   #14 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

omg screw my character I should make another INCUBUS... Or just reuse Kai and mabi-fy him

/despairfaec

05-14-2010   #15 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Oh geez, I forgot something kinda important. If you pick human (or elf or giant really) you have to tell me whether or not you are a Milletian or not. In-game that means you technically can't "die" but that would be lol in a RP. If your not that makes you a Tuatha de Danann (the "race" of the NPCs ingame), which are natives to Erinn. Milletians aren't (from "another world" I suppose). I guess I'll have to read the Mabinogion LOL
(Tarlach's Record maybe this might make more sense)
tl;dr Milletian, Tuatha de Danann, pick one.

05-14-2010   #16 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

I just realize I've never actually played Mabinogi, would I still be able to join? O-o

05-14-2010   #17 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

pedo's joining and he hasn't played, so go for it.

CHARACTER DONE Akaiito
... i could go back and edit though if its too brokentier lololol

Last edited by Dani; 05-14-2010 at 03:21 PM.

05-14-2010   #18 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
I just realize I've never actually played Mabinogi, would I still be able to join? O-o
Yeah sure. The RP is just set in the mabi universe. Just tell me what you need to know.If you want to see some skills in action/epic battles/etc just check out youtube.

Last edited by Sandrie; 05-14-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: opps

05-14-2010   #19 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Category:Humanoid - Mabinogi World Wiki

here is the list of humanoid monster

05-14-2010   #20 (permalink)
NO LONGER EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

gonna be joining this... soon. i'll use my char from mabi.