Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-19-2010   #41 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tategami
Haha, I made a character. <<; I hope that's okay. He's right here.

Uhm, the mabinogiworld wiki isn't loading for me, but Magic Music opens up at rank 9 of all 3 of the skills, so I figured I would just throw them at 9 so I could have magic music and leave it at that.
Hi there, approved, welcome aboard. Also, your right, all 3 music related skills have to be at rank 9 for it to open up.

Also, I kinda feel like I gotta say this disclaimer, not everything is going to be completely in canon with the game. So don't expect things to be exactly the same in the game as in this RP. There's only so much we can replicate, without it going all to hell (i.e. "rebirths," being unable to "die," details that I threw out the window >.>).

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-19-2010   #42 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Tategami is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tategami Send a message via MSN to Tategami Send a message via Yahoo to Tategami
IGN: Adrastios
Class: Meister lt_treasurehunter
Level: 82
Guild: FrenchBread

Well, I'm assuming you're not going to make me roll a dice to see whether my magic music makes enemies fall asleep or somesuch, or give me only a certain number of uses for my compositions... So it makes sense that some elements are changed a bit, haha. ^^;

05-20-2010   #43 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Well, I'm assuming you're not going to make me roll a dice to see whether my magic music makes enemies fall asleep or somesuch, or give me only a certain number of uses for my compositions... So it makes sense that some elements are changed a bit, haha. ^^;
We generally don't do dice rolls and such, since it over complicates things @_@

Besides, that would require a system, none of which really work for forums

Edit:

Ohai, Character here.

/forum/character-inf...eve-drest.html

Lemme know if I need to change things.

Last edited by Mitchi; 05-20-2010 at 12:11 AM.

05-20-2010   #44 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, it's not big deal, although I do think that the magic music effect is based on the scroll and is not done at random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
We generally don't do dice rolls and such, since it over complicates things @_@

Besides, that would require a system, none of which really work for forums

Edit:

Ohai, Character here.

/forum/character-inf...eve-drest.html

Lemme know if I need to change things.

Approved, but is your character purposely new at stuff (cause of all the low ranks)? I'd say you could have at the very least rank 9 alchemy mastery, but it's your choice.
Ranking goes Rank F (noob) -E-D-C-B-A->rank 9 (middle-low decent)-8-7 (true middle)-6-5-4-3(where you start to get "pro")-2-1 (highest rank, supar pro)
Oh and have more wind crystals. One is used up every time you use wind blast. They come in stacks of 50 (in 1x1 inventory space).
Other crystals you can carry around:
Water (for water blast)
fire (for flame burst)
earth (sand blast/burst?)

And high ranked advanced magic (thunder, ice spear, fireball). I can say using a rank 1 fireball crystal is just about as devastating as using fireball itself (well -20% damage, but fireball does like, what 5000 damage?).
Also:
Quote:
Who needs magic when you can replicate the results with chemicals and formulas?
Laila: because you need magic to make the crystals silly

Wow I wrote like a ton.

05-20-2010   #45 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

at least maeve isn't a HUS--
/shot

oh, and,
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/FunStuff/BeautySalon.aspx
non-mabi players can play around with that, and see if they can make their character out of it. it's kind of fun.
might not work on firefox though

Last edited by Shinkirou; 05-20-2010 at 06:33 AM.

05-20-2010   #46 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
Yeah, it's not big deal, although I do think that the magic music effect is based on the scroll and is not done at random.

Approved, but is your character purposely new at stuff (cause of all the low ranks)? I'd say you could have at the very least rank 9 alchemy mastery, but it's your choice.
Yes, She's only just starting. I could make her younger but...

I'm tired of playing kids

I'll add a few more ranks i guess. (still have yet to play Mabi, since the only people (irl) I know who played it complained to high hell about it ("I played and it was like 'okay, this is cool' but then the game was like 'GET A JOB' and I went 'No, that's why I'm playing a game, to get away from my job' and uninstalled the game") I'll play it eventually.)

Also, I prefer to err on the safer (weaker) side for RPing stuff I'm not familiar with

Also, edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLikeSnow
/shot
Hey, Mel is my only hussy, good sir.

Last edited by Mitchi; 05-20-2010 at 06:36 AM.

05-20-2010   #47 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Quote:
"I played and it was like 'okay, this is cool' but then the game was like 'GET A JOB' and I went 'No, that's why I'm playing a game, to get away from my job' and uninstalled the game"
THIS! lol QFT!

05-20-2010   #48 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

Quote:
/shot
i lol'd
also mabi's pretty fun once you actually get into it
and whats this about getting a job I DONT UNDERSTAND ;_; unless you mean life skills (blacksmithing, refining, tailoring...)

if so then those're completely optional. people usually just go with life skills for the stat bonuses (weaving and refining add a lot of dex). Money making's just the profit you make from it

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-20-2010   #49 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Tategami Send a message via MSN to Tategami Send a message via Yahoo to Tategami

No, there are part time jobs in Mabi, and some of them are pretty much required for the game (like holy waters). It's kind of frustrating, grinding part time jobs.

The one thing I liked about Mabi, though, is that there isn't this HUGE requirement to grind to get anywhere. You can do quests to get AP, and once you hit like level 30-ish (at least when I was playing) you just sorta play, and then you rebirth and get to have the easy first 20 levels to get some AP again, and then it's really just a matter of doing what you want to do until it's time to rebirth again. At least that was how I played.

05-20-2010   #50 (permalink)
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

Oh those. Most people only do the church part time and thats it looool
I just mooch off friends for HWs since i lazy

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

05-20-2010   #51 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Oh those. Most people only do the church part time and thats it looool
I just mooch off friends for HWs since i lazy
this.
screw part time jobs i have a farm.
and farm = MONEY
MONEY = HW

yeah, mabi's a game with mixed opinions, it's really hard to get into it.

05-20-2010   #52 (permalink)
Special
Games

YEAH SCREW PART TIME, WE HAVE FFING FARMS.

WE MAKE LIKE 300K+ A WEEK LOL e

Last edited by Dani; 05-20-2010 at 04:08 PM.

05-20-2010   #53 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
this.
screw part time jobs i have a farm.
and farm = MONEY
MONEY = HW

yeah, mabi's a game with mixed opinions, it's really hard to get into it.
It was much easier when the game first came out, since most of the features and functions weren't around... So you could get used to them gradually. I tried to get back into it lately and was mostly just confused.

05-20-2010   #54 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
It was much easier when the game first came out, since most of the features and functions weren't around... So you could get used to them gradually. I tried to get back into it lately and was mostly just confused.

I agree, the game has a very steep learning curve.

Also, Port Qilla PTJ>>>>Church PTJ (it's easier and predictable. Or you can do both for double profit?????)

05-20-2010   #55 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

I intend to play when I can get internet that doesn't suck (and isn't using my phone as a modem).

From what I saw of one friend playing it was like Runescape with better graphics

05-20-2010   #56 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

come play with me on mari then

05-20-2010   #57 (permalink)
PROBATIONAL EVENTS TEAM
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

what, you play on mari i never knew

05-20-2010   #58 (permalink)
Special
Games

omg what
join wish sandrie and hang out with us ;_;

05-20-2010   #59 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

wait wat you guys are on mari too o.o?

Just add me o.o

05-20-2010   #60 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Mabinogi is WAY more intense than Runescape.

I mean unless Runescape has actual combos and skill involved that I wasn't aware of... In which case they're pretty similar. But Mabi actually has timing based combos and skill based things that isn't just POINT CLICK KILL. It's kind of awesome, really, I just can't seem to get back into it.