Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-23-2010   #1 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake
Default To the ends of the earth (OOC thread)

I said I'd be making a new RP, and though it took me a while (still have shitty internets) I'm gonna try to get this running.

Genre:
Dystopia

Premise:

The world has ended. Though 2012 marks the end of civilization as we know it, the Earth, as a physical piece of rock, still exists. The thing is, all progression and technology has died, except for that which already existed. Global climate change, nuclear war and disease have wiped out 96% of the world's population, and where people left, animals took over, ingesting the radioactive fallout and growing large and feral. Since humans are the weaker, inferior species, natural selection is attempting to eradicate them once and for all, forcing them to cluster together in small, well fortified settlements, or be left to the wild.

70 years later, the only humans left from the old world were the children of the children that survived, transforming this new earth into another planet entirely. with the average lifespan reduced to 40, can the new elders lead their descendants into a new age, helping humans to reclaim the throne they once had?

Setting:
Desert town, New Quartz
In the ruins of an town in what was New Mexico, where the sun is hot and the food and water are scarce. Population of 20.

There is very little left of technology that had once boomed. Electricity is all but dead, save for some human powered generators, as well as some ghetto rigged solar energy. Petroleum has been dried and gone for decades, and all vehicles are human powered (bikes, recumbent bicycles, skates, etc).

With a complete lack of a postal service, some people will ask others to deliver items to other towns, with the promise of food, water, and other necessities, now that money no longer has value. Sometimes, shiny stones and gems are still traded, but they are considered to be a frivolous luxury and are generally worthless other than as good luck charms, with the exception of certain useful stones, such as flint, lodes (magnets) and diamonds for cutting and sharpening. Good metal is often used for bartering as it can be reforged into weapons and tools.

Weather
With the remains of radioactivity come changes in weather. In deserts, sandstorms are more frequent and rain a rarity. But most dangerous of all is the fog.

FOG:
Occasionally, at night, a deep, dense fog will cover the land, one filled with toxins and chemicals that would kill most any creature. Gas masks make it possible to traverse areas, but buildings and hideouts that are not sealed properly will provide no safety on nights when the fog rolls in.

Acid rain:
On occasion, especially around the remains of big cities, acid rain will fall, in an attempt by the sky to cleanse itself of humanity's residual filth. This rain wears down the old buildings, and has caused much of the decay. Though concrete structures should keep you safe from the downpour, the water blown in by wind can be dangerous. Often followed by fog.

Hail
Hail storms happen more often than before, though they are no different from the normal hail of today, although often the size is bigger.
--------

Weaponry available:

Makeshift weapons:

This includes pipes, gardening implements (shovels, picks, hoes, rakes, handles of said implements, etc) baseball bats, heavy sticks and so forth.

Melee weapons:
Knives, daggers, survival knives, and such are allowed.

Ranged weapons:
Throwing weapons (knives, tomahawks, etc) are allowed. Bow and arrow are, as well as compound bows. Crossbows are iffy (may allow them dependign on backstory).

Firearms:
For the most part, the only people with ready access to firearms would be in the south (rednecks, especially Texas, love their guns). Though they are still widely available, ammo is scarce. Limited to hunting rifles (buckshot and slugs) and small pistols (9mm). Please note your character's ammo supply in their profile.
-------

Character profile info:
Quote:

Name:
Really can be whatever you want it to be. Just remember that the majority of people left were young, and so names might be a little different than the current norm, common names like John, Sarah, Michael, etc are always gonna be around, and certain colors, plants, etc, will still be used.)

Backstory
Where are they from and why are they here?

Resident or Wanderer: (choose to have lived and grown up in the town, or to be a wanderer in search of greener pastures, food, knowledge, etc.)

Appearance
: What do they look like and what do they wear?
-------

Registered characters:
/forum/character-inf...ml#post1194185
/forum/character-inf...unningham.html
Ikea
/forum/character-inf...vis-cross.html
/forum/character-inf...a-seifred.html
/forum/character-inf...ml#post1198964
/forum/character-inf...ml#post1228562

Free control of NPCs within certain perameters (for example, don't make them go against their personality, don't make them sway the RP in your favor etc etc.)

I'll be getting this up in a week or so, people are welcome to join at any time, at most 2 characters per person please. You know the drill, post here to register.

Spoiler!

----

EDITS:
(3-23-10)
Weapons, setting info and weather.

(5-5-10)
Added NPCs

Last edited by Mitchi; 05-05-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-23-2010   #2 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

i'll register. i'll try to get my character together before the week is up.

and i always wondered about these type of things. if the animals can eat all that junk and become feral and awesome how come humans never do it too. they just always stay wimpy

03-23-2010   #3 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

*cough*

*meekly raises hand*

I promise not to drag in stuff from the gutter. PG13?

03-23-2010   #4 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger

I'll get a character up later lol

omg this kinda reminds me of SMT digital devil saga. Now we just need demons and warring colonies.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

03-23-2010   #5 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

what kinda weapons are available? old abandoned military weapons technology? or makeshift weapons like creature bone daggers and crossbows?

03-23-2010   #6 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroRomero
what kinda weapons are available? old abandoned military weapons technology? or makeshift weapons like creature bone daggers and crossbows?
What he said. A bit more background information please.

(falloutfalloutfalloutfalloutfallout)

03-23-2010   #7 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Might as well, but I'd like some more information on the setting to. Also, is there a specific goal in mind? A new age seems a bit ambitious.

(Imagines an alternate Evis, sans magic powers lol)

03-23-2010   #8 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Mitchi, are you scrapping the other RPs? Cause if you aren't I won't do my Mabi one. Although I doubt if I can do this, I have tons of homework, and this isn't my cup of tea :x
Although I keep forgetting to post in Raven Academy e.e

Last edited by Sandrie; 03-23-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: grammargrammargrammar

03-24-2010   #9 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Wow. Had a reply three hours ago and my internet ate it. Moving on.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative
Might as well, but I'd like some more information on the setting to. Also, is there a specific goal in mind? A new age seems a bit ambitious.

(Imagines an alternate Evis, sans magic powers lol)

Added additional info on setting and weapons. Also, no set plot yet, but it's not gonna be anything too big, probably a simple "deliver the goods" or "Find a new home" type thing. Or trying to find the last survivor of the old era (who is mysteriously still alive for some reason).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
Mitchi, are you scrapping the other RPs? Cause if you aren't I won't do my Mabi one. Although I doubt if I can do this, I have tons of homework, and this isn't my cup of tea :x
Although I keep forgetting to post in Raven Academy e.e
I had a long explanation on this but it got nuked by crappy internet. Long story short, yes, I am scrapping TiOS and BFI.

Quote:
i'll register. i'll try to get my character together before the week is up.

and i always wondered about these type of things. if the animals can eat all that junk and become feral and awesome how come humans never do it too. they just always stay wimpy
Because humans are always "Oh noes it will kill us!" and cautiously never eat anything irradiated.

03-24-2010   #10 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

nail bat time! except not. i'm gonna think more on mine and hope to get it up soon

03-24-2010   #11 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

By the way, feel free to ask any questions you have. It helps me put on paper whati actually need to write out.

03-25-2010   #12 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

i know you said name can be whatever. my questionis would it be weird to have a last name? like it it more common to have only one name

also because of the weather does that mean people usually wear concealing clothing?

edit -- /forum/character-inf...ml#post1194185

mwahahahah she's a GIRL. first time rping a girl to be honest. if she is inconsistnt with this world in anyway let me know how i should fix her and i'll do it, mitchi

Last edited by PedroRomero; 03-25-2010 at 11:28 PM.

03-26-2010   #13 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

EDIT:

Sven, it's perfect. Welcome aboard.
--------

It can literally be whatever you want. Last names aren't uncommon: Remember, there were still people alive when shit hit the fan, and they probably insisted that their kids have a last name. With others, they only have one name, but will sometimes adopt the name of their town as a family name (like for example, someone might have the last name "quartz" if they came from New Quartz). Hell, someone might give their kid a different last name from them (like Thunder if they were born during a storm).

As for clothing, it really depends. One of my characters, because she lives in the desert, wears really ragged and kinda skimpy clothes due to the heat, where as another one wears long sleeves in the desert to prevent sunburn. Some wear cloaks to keep the sun off, where as some in rainy areas will wear a raincoat or waterproof trenchcoat all the time. People are more concerned with survival than fashion or even comfort.

--------

Edit 2:

Alright, registering in my two characters.

Illana

Ikea

03-26-2010   #14 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

i think Illana and Floralita would get along great. hmmm i'm seriously considering making a second character as well.

03-27-2010   #15 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Evis Cross

Check the 2nd post for the one used in this rp. Hopefully he'll fit in with the story, he'll be a good guy this time.

03-27-2010   #16 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute

hah hah good guy evis

tis madness

fff ill have mine done tomorrow

My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

03-30-2010   #17 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Evis is approved, welcome aboard, Nop.

I wanna get a couple more people or so before i put the actual thread up.

03-30-2010   #18 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Hey! i think i gonna make a 2nd character. but just a heads up. i gonna be in NYC from Wednesday night (EST) to Saturday night (EST) with no internet other than my telephone (aka twitter and facebook). so if the thread come up before then i'll just make a late entrance.

03-30-2010   #19 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games

Larietta Seifred

I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO DOING IT!
I'm sorry for taking so long ;_;

03-30-2010   #20 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

/forum/character-inf...ml#post1198964

ok here's my 2nd chara