Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E
Default possible plots

So I've been hanging around here on ggftw for the longest time, and have not yet taken part in any rp at all (though I rp outside of ggftw quite a bit). I've been thinking of starting an rp here for a while, but I'm afraid godmodding will occur ( like in raven academy from what I've seen).

Well, that aside, here're some ideas I scribbled down in my notes during class.

plot 1: Steampunk theme

This would take place maybe a few thousand years after modern times, the earth's recources have long since been depleted, and human technology has backtracked due to war exhausting the planet even more. This has resulted in a large population decline, so now there's not even 1 billion people in the world now. The humans who are still alive are separated via how rich/poor one may be, the rich people often open to things like readily available clean water (which most people have to boil water for to get). People settle only where there is fresh water available, since shipping water is unheard of.
Thats the setting, I haven't thought of a plot yet (help me out here Q___Q ).

plot 2: Sci-fi theme
This would also take place in the distant future, but people aren't dying out like in the other story. Very advanced technology exists in this world, and androids are used in everyday life. Androids are bound to the three laws of robotics;

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Not only this, but people have increased their lifespans via nanobots in their bodies, artificial bones, ect. People rarely ever get sick and now live much longer then they had originally. The nanobots also give people incredible regenration rates from most wounds. You could say they're almost on the borderline of immortality.
Though before the nanobots and such can be used for commercial use, they test them out of orphans they pick up off the street, a secret kept hidden from the media.

A lot of said orphans die from this, too.

For this plot I guess it would revolve around those orphans, probably trying to escape from that life or something. The scientists experimenting on them would send something ( or a lot of people) after them to take them back, maybe to prevent them from leaking info to the media. (idk, I've just been thinking of these in class a bit).

I had a few more ideas but I forgot what they were. ;_;

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-12-2010   #2 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I have a bunch of RP plots lying around, but they're a tad complicated. Alternate Universe, with their own character class structure, back story, etc. I think simple plots work best with this forum's RP group?

In my old RP group, we hold auditions to claim/accept new characters. Ahahaha.

01-13-2010   #3 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Personally I'm not such a fan of Sci-fi, being quite a lover of maigc. But more ideas are never a bad thing. And it'd be quite a change, so I guess I'm willing to try out the idea.

Also, can we hear these plot ideas, Cath? 8D

01-13-2010   #4 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

For the sci-fi theme, the experimental nanobots could give the orphans magic-like abilities, instead of running away, some of the psychologically unstable ones could break out, or some could use their powers to escape. You could include moral things like sideplots of MasterxRobot and stuff. But the more complicated the plot the harder it is for lots of people to keep it in the right direction.

01-14-2010   #5 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

the steam punk idea appeals more to me although the dying bit got to me. as for plot with the steam punk idea, well many generic things come to mind, like robin hood-esque characters who end up biting more than they can chew in the end.

i can think of more later if there's a need.

@ cath- i used to rp like that back in HS when i used to know all my rp partners irl. now i'm usually more relaxed about how i'll agree to RP