Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Maget can only hope to improve
Default Interest Gauge - Shin Megami Tensei based RP

So I've been having fun during my stay on these boards, and I thought it might be high time for me to make an RP of my own. Since I assume that most of the writers here are MMORPG/RPG fans in some way, I was planning to make an SMT based RP.

For those not familiar with the series, Shin Megami Tensei is one of the longest running series as far back as the early 90s. The plot for these games has a recurring theme; Humans taking control of demons and fighting other demons/humans/gods. Somewhere in the story will be a decisive choice that will affect the rest of the game ( IE: In SMT: Nocturne , you can make an enemy of Heaven ,Hell, or neither depending on your choices. )

The RP I have in mind will borrow heavily from the game SMT: Devil Survivor, a game released for the DS several months ago. The premise is as follows:

Quote:
Tokyo has been locked down by the Japanese military due to a demon outbreak, and it will be seven days before the whole capital is wiped out. The Protagonist, who is trapped with his two friends within the city, and are forced to make contract with demons to survive.
I will also probably borrow some ideas from other SMT offshoots, like the Persona series ( arguably the most popular SMT offshoot series ). Of course the RP won't be an exact carbon copy of any of these games, but they will be moderately similar.

I'd like to see if there's any sort of interest for this type of RP. If there is sufficient interest however, I'll probably have to wait for one of the running RPs to finish. I know how hectic it can be sometimes.

Any questions/suggestions/rage will be entertained here. Have fun.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Do we get to pull out a gun and dramatically shoot ourselves in the head to summon our Persona's/Demons?

11-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

no D:

I had something else in mind for summoning demons, but certainly not an Evoker. *shoots head*

11-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Wut.

That was one of the main reasons I got P3. D< To watch my characters commit suicide without dying. ;_;

11-17-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Lolnoevokers plz.

As for an update, I MAY consider doing a Persona RP instead due to feedback. (hai Mitchi)

It might have to be in the lieu of Persona 1 and 2 however, instead of 3 and 4. ( So yeah, no evokers )

Unless, everyone wants to be high school students or something?

11-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Erm...Ry? Aren't they ALWAYS HS students in persona? I mean, there's the whole thing of once you reach a certain age, you can't summon your persona anymore.

Also, I'm down for this, whatever you decide to do.

11-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Persona 2 had adults using personas.

If you ask me it was a hell of a lot more awesome going around Japan destroying demon face with a reporter, a police detective, a wiretapper and a fortune teller rather than a bunch of high school students.

Of course I can still go either way, it depends really.

11-18-2009   #8 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maget
Persona 2 had adults using personas.

If you ask me it was a hell of a lot more awesome going around Japan destroying demon face with a reporter, a police detective, a wiretapper and a fortune teller rather than a bunch of high school students.

Of course I can still go either way, it depends really.
yeah persona 2 is the only persona i've ever played... so yeah. if i do this that's the only one i have to base anything off. and even if it's in high school like some were saying i'd be a teacher or something. i don't like being a high school student for some reason