ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > General Discussion > Role-playing > The Bar

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Which would you be more interested in signing up/RPing/Playing/etc?
Red VS Blue: The Asylum 4 57.14%
Red VS Blue: The Coliseum 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-08-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts
Default Possible future RP. Which would you be more interested in?

Red vs Blue: The Asylum

As the inmates run towards their freedom, the alarm sounds inside the institution. A doctor and a security guard simultaneously stand up and run out of the door. The lunatics flood out of the cast iron doors, like a pack of deranged dogs. The nurses and caretakers load up on syringes and barbiturates to subdue the escapees. The guards grab their pistols and nightsticks. They must return the patients to The Asylum at all costs. The doctors know well, the lunatics would not survive in the outside world. They are a danger to themselves and those around them...

In 'Red vs Blue: The Asylum', you will take on the role of an inpatient at a psychiatric institution. The Red team is what we would consider, the crazy lunatics, the schizophrenics, and of course the lobotomy patients. As a member of the Red team, you will do whatever it takes to escape from The Asylum and gain your freedom.

The Blue team, consists of the nurses, doctors, caretakers and security guards at the institution. As a member of the Blue team, you will do whatever it takes to get the patients back to The Asylum. If you are a security guard, use of lethal force is allowed. If you are a doctor or a caretaker, you are free to use barbiturates to render the patients unconscious and drag them back to The Asylum.

Red vs Blue: The Coliseum

The Coliseum roared and fueled the excitement in the air. The audience knew what was coming. Bloodshed. As the Emperor stepped up to the podium, the roaring of the Coliseum fell to complete silence. The Emperor, Julius Maximus, gets ready to speak. He looks around the Coliseum without saying a word. Even with this simple glance, everyone understands what he will say. A certain amount of people will be picked out at random from the crowd of ten thousand. They will be pitted in a fight to the death against each other. These people will be separated into 2 teams. Red, and Blue. A weapon of choice will be given to each competitor. Should the Emperor not be entertained, both will be thrown into the lion's den. For the loser, comes death and shame. For the winner, comes glory and the chance to live another day.

Same concept as before, except in this case, color doesn't really matter. Whether you're on the Red or Blue team, you will be fighting. You will choose a weapon to fight with and the circumstances of your fight will be chosen for you by the Emperor. This one is for the more experienced writers/RPers because it involves some creativity and quality writing. You can't just write "forward slash."

Format will be:

1.) Red 1 vs Blue 1
2.) Red 2 vs Blue 2
3.) Red 3 vs Blue 3
4.) Red VS Blue

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-08-2008   #2 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

Coliseum. Personally I've some experience in RP's that include a lot of combat, action, etc. However, it was approximetly 5 years ago, so I may have lost my touch (I highly doubt that). My only concern is if I'll be able to set aside time to actually post regularly.

09-08-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfDeity
Coliseum. Personally I've some experience in RP's that include a lot of combat, action, etc. However, it was approximetly 5 years ago, so I may have lost my touch (I highly doubt that). My only concern is if I'll be able to set aside time to actually post regularly.
Yup, I thought about that.
That's why I wouldn't make the format a Free-for-all Duel.

It would be like:

Day 1-3: Red 1 vs Blue 1.

I'd notify the people of the days they were "scheduled" to fight so they could post and continuously fight.

09-08-2008   #4 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

That's an excellent idea. 1~3 day(s) is/are long enough (but not too long) for both competitors to start and finish their battle. In such cases though, if one person or the other has to leave, they have to inform their partner (via pm) so they wouldn't have to keep refreshing the screen waiting for a reply- or something.

09-08-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Hypocrisy will become famous soon enoughHypocrisy will become famous soon enough
IGN: Hypocrisy
Class: Knight
Level: 70+70+6x
Guild: Ti$$tans

Sounds really interesting. How would a winner be decided?

09-08-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypocrisy
Sounds really interesting. How would a winner be decided?
Depending on which one people are more interested in, that is the one I'll decide to write up. What I wrote in my OP was just a small intro.

I plan to do this AFTER Ayumi's RP is almost, or fully over.

09-08-2008   #7 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Well, I would say the Ayslum one only because well as you said, it's more easier? Umm, do you want it to be time-line specific like no skills/magic and etc., and use modern objects? Or could it be limitless within the RP story, of course.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

09-08-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allea
Well, I would say the Ayslum one only because well as you said, it's more easier? Umm, do you want it to be time-line specific like no skills/magic and etc., and use modern objects? Or could it be limitless within the RP story, of course.
The Asylum one will be somewhat like Ayumi's RP. You will be either a patient escaping from The Asylum or a doctor/guard. Guards will be armed with a pistol and other means of subduing the escaping patients. Doctors will be armed with syringes and needles and barbiturates (a type of drug that sedates people) to stop the patients.

The actual escaping lunatics, will be much more resourceful. They will pick up anything and everything they can find and use it to defend themselves. Sticks, glass, trashcan lids, anything.

The Coliseum one is slightly more advanced as I said. I was originally planning to have the posters only use physical weapons, but if people honestly want to, I would be more than willing to allow magic and other abilities to be used along with weaponry.