ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   The Bar (http://ggftw.com/forum/bar/)
-   -   Viva la Revolution [OOC] (http://ggftw.com/forum/bar/113055-viva-la-revolution-ooc.html)

Dani 05-29-2012 11:44 PM

Viva la Revolution [OOC]

edit: hey the title got cut off or I forgot to type the rest. iamawesomeorsomething
edit 2: thank you gladiator ;_;

Welcome to the grand metropolis known as Vasanta! We pride ourselves in our technology, good standing government, and in our honorary citizens whom we all cherish in our utopia. Our government is lead by a council of elders, whose leader is only known as Rho. Each of the elders oversees a different sector in the city ( five in total):

Sector α (lead by Iota) - Sector Alpha
Sector β (lead by Kappa) - Sector Beta
Sector γ (lead by Lambda) - Sector Gamma
Sector δ (lead by Mu) - Sector Delta
Sector ε (lead by Nu) - Sector Episilon

The denizens of the sectors are referred to as such ( alphas, betas, etc. ).

Sector α is prodominately the sector for the rich and higher-class members of society. They are graced with the best technology available to citizens as well as the technological marvel made to combat the plague which creeps up on humanity; the Hel Desperatio. Mechanical limbs and nanobots which flow through the bloodstream to destroy all viruses are often present in the citizens of this sector. Other technology are built in PCs within the brain for the ultimate virtual experience that the other sectors can only hope to emulate. This sector is also the cleanest of the five, the people prided in their utopian society. (this sector is off limits to PCs due to near immortality from the tech)

Sectors β and γ are mainly made up of the Middle-class. Though there is still a great deal of technology available to the common people, machine implants are only granted in emergency situations (missing limb due to accident, cancer...). Commonplace goods are Personal Computer Contacts ( PCCs), basic internet (email, social networks, forums, online games...) though not as advanced and somewhat restrictive on internet use compared to those of the upper class. There are ways to get the advanced tech of the upper class, but it usually is through.. Unruly practices. ( think of our modern day technology in 2012 with a bit of fancy advancement). The underground organizations from Sector ε are present here, as well as members whom have been part of Sector ε in the past but managed to get the funds to go for higher standards of living.

Sectors δ and ε is the lower-class, comprised of those too poor to live in the higher sectors. They lack many of the enriching resources those of other sectors are blessed with. Rumour is that Nu and Mu spend the funding from Rho on themselves but if it is true or not no one really knows. Those who live here usually have been here from birth, or are recent immigrants. ( think... the shitty remnants and second hand goods from our time, perhaps more run down). There is no internet access to those of Sectors δ and ε, though underground organizations have managed to set up illegal internet cafes for communication purposes through organizations as well as businesses. Usually these are set up by stolen technology from Raids the underground organizations have organized. Sectors δ and ε are the largest sectors of the five.

note: The Hel Desperatio causes rapid deterioration in everything it touches. Rapid rust in machinery, flesh decomposing even on living beings, foliage dying rapidly... It is known as a giant cloud of death, and looks a lot like a sandstorm. It is an endless storm that is a by-product of the last grand scale war that ravaged the world, and broke up humanity in large metropolises (Vasanta being one of them).

---

So you wish to join our organization, the Erux? Well, that's great news! Thank you for taking interest in our organization that fights for the rights of those in the lower sectors!

What do we do?

We stand up to those of Sector α, who often think so highly of themselves to the point that they even put themselves amongst Gods. They have forgotten they are merely humans who have bested death with technologies that should not be so easily accessible to commonpeople. We also go and dig up information on the corrupt goverments of Vasanta, primarily those lead by Mu and Nu. We strongly believe they are using funding from Rho for their own sick games and we want to end that. We, the people, deserve better than the filthy lifestyle of Sectors δ and ε. Even in Sectors β and γ, the police and military are so heavy in their monitoring of the middle class that some are even unfairly prosecuted compared to those of Sector α. And what does Rho do? Nothing before the citizen's suffering!

Viva la Revolution! We will overthrow this city, and it's leaders!

But first, we need you to fill out an application form. Once you have mailed it in you will be approached by one of our members and given a suitcase with the following: custom made PCCs for all members with tools to make the contacts any colour you desire with proxy trackers from the government removed, a uniform, documents leading you to the first meeting location and finally a personal letter delievered to each applicant. However should you be a dog of the government, you will be severely punished.

Now then... Let's get started, shall we?

HTML Code:

[B][U]Character sheet:[/U][/B]

[B]RP:[/B] Viva la Revolution: Vasantarian Trance

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Occupation:[/B]
[B]Height:[/B]
[B]Weight:[/B]
[B]Eyes:[/B]
[B]Hair:[/B]
[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Appearance:[/B]

[B]Personality/Character:[/B]

[B][I]Application sheet:[/I][/B]

[B]Surname/Maiden name:[/B]
[b]Given name:[/b]
[B]Date of birth:[/B]
[b]Place of birth:[/b] (just ask me for random other metropolis names if you want to be a foreigner, or if you want specific location names.. in a PM)
[B]Father's name:[/B]
[b]Mother's name:[/b]
[b]Name of spouse:[/b] (just put n/a if not married to anyone, include date of death if they are deceased)
[B]Sector of residence:[/b]
[b]Address:[/b] (just write it like a normal address)
[b]Telephone:[/b] x-yyyy-yyyy (the x is your sector, the y's are numbers. You can do whatever as long as it does not overlap with others)
[B]Occupation:[/B]
[B]Skills and abilities noteworthy:[/b]
[b]Combat abilities? Weapon of choice?:[/b]
[b]Anything else we should know about you?:[/b] (this is basically random quirks you feel are important for us to know!)

[b]Why do YOU want to join the Erux?:[/b]

[B]And finally, how do you seek to accomplish this? What do you want to gain?:[/B]

Everyone will be part of the Erux/will be joining it, so have fun etc. Once we get some PCs up we'll have some weapons information and key location info up.

le Rules
  • No Godmodding
  • Atleast TRY to be active. If you're going to be too busy to type up a few lines in a RP, then either step out or ask us to go on a hiatus. Don't just disappear on us. Also, make your step out make sense and work in the plot
  • Don't control others characters unless you get permission
  • Don't randomly kill off someone else's character. Talk about it here first
  • And of course, what is considered common sense in RPs

All the middle class slots are taken, so you're forced to be poverty.

Oh, and this RP takes place geographically where modern day Spain is but in the distant future. Though the place isn't predominately Spanish any more there are still quite a bit of Spaniards running about. Also the year is 2107 `-`

Gladiat 05-30-2012 03:21 AM

/forum/character-inf...ml#post1727926

Dani you take responsibility for 'scrubs'.

Application sheet:

Surname/Maiden name: Luce
Given name: Aevum
Date of birth: October 24, 2087
Place of birth: Vasanta
Father's name: Alonzo Medina
Mother's name: Deceased/Unknown
Name of spouse: N/A
Sector of residence: Sector γ
Address: 52 Escard Road
Telephone: γ-6448-4373
Skills and abilities noteworthy: Able to analyse situations quickly and effectively.
Combat abilities? Weapon of choice?: Experienced in close combat. I also possess some skill with small firearms (Handguns and rifles only). Swords, daggers and handguns are my weapon of choice.
Anything else we should know about you?: I would like a cupcake two cupcakes if I am selected please.

Why do YOU want to join the Erux?:
My professors are all corrupt sector α members that flaunt their superiority to students and don't take their jobs seriously. They do whatever they want and the police force believes whatever they say, so they treat the students as slaves and get away with it. I'm sick of this and I want this education system to change.

And finally, how do you seek to accomplish this? What do you want to gain?:
I see to accomplish this through actions to change the education system for the better.

Nihil679 05-30-2012 03:46 AM

y early OTL
give me next week, I'm in Florida.

Dani 05-30-2012 05:46 PM

That's fine, I can wait. `-`

Harlequin 05-30-2012 08:21 PM

/forum/character-inf...ml#post1728300

Application sheet:

Surname/Maiden name: Faulkner
Given name: Anna
Date of birth: December 2, 2089
Place of birth: Bordeaux, France.
Father's name: Jean Faulkner
Mother's name: Violet Faulkner (nee Gaule)
Name of spouse: N/A
Sector of residence: Sector ε
Address: 6 Devon Ct.
Telephone: ε-4242-8701
Skills and abilities noteworthy: I like to cook and play the violin <3
Combat abilities? Weapon of choice?: I practice savate, and typically fight with my violin in hand.
Anything else we should know about you?:
Sorry if my hands or face are dirty, steel tends to pick up grease.

Why do YOU want to join the Erux?:
What they have done to my family and many others is completely unforgivable.

And finally, how do you seek to accomplish this? What do you want to gain?:
Honestly, I'm willing to anything it takes to cause a complete government upheaval.

Mitchi 05-30-2012 09:11 PM

Sup homies.

/forum/character-inf...tillwater.html

/o/

Application sheet:

Surname/Maiden name: Jones
Given name: Delia
Date of birth: August 14
Father's name: Trevor Jones
Mother's name:Elizabeth Hillsworth
Name of spouse: n/a
Address: 835 South Corvis rd unit #311
Telephone: ε-793-8477(home) β-555-4664 (work)
Skills and abilities noteworthy: Excelent charisma and speech skills. A great conversationalist.
Combat abilities? Weapon of choice?: no real combat abilities but I'm handy with a knife and know how to improvise. You need it when you're a girl living on the streets of Sector ε
Anything else we should know about you?: I'm amazing at changing my voice. Maybe if I had lived in another sector I could have put this talent to use.

Why do YOU want to join the Erux?: I'm tired of selling my "body" (really, it's my mind, but in some ways that's even worse, you dig?).

And finally, how do you seek to accomplish this? What do you want to gain?: I've already sunk as low as I can, so I'm willing to do what i need to. As for what I want to gain, I just wish it were easier to get tech down here in the lower sectors, and hope I can put this phase of my life behind me.

MsSquid 05-30-2012 11:52 PM

/forum/character-inf...ml#post1728433

THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUN.

Application sheet:

Surname/Maiden name: Asker
Given name: Allie
Date of birth: April 19th July 7th March 3rd
Father's name: Unknown
Mother's name: Deliah Asker
Address: 459 Isis blvd unit #894
Telephone: ε-4013-7645
Skills and abilities noteworthy: I have significant knowledge of the diseased mindsets held by members of Sector α, Sector β, and Sector γ. I can offer endless insight into the world of the Bourgeoisie and perhaps help the revolution find a cure to their sickness. Or at least a way to contain it.

Combat abilities? Weapon of choice?: Pen and paper. Don't hand me one of their machines. Let write of the broken minds of the Bourgeoisie. How can we let those who are mentally diseased reign over us? You can also just give me a gun as I have learned a thing or two about them during my teenage years.

Anything else we should know about you?: I refuse to speak to any of the Bourgeoisie. Unless, said Bourgeoisie has been lobotomized.

Why do YOU want to join the Erux?: To cure the Bourgeoisie, believe it or not. If I were a less humble woman, I would recommend throwing them to the Hel Desperatio. But, I've come to understand their disease. They're sick people and they need to be quarantined and saved.

And finally, how do you seek to accomplish this? What do you want to gain?: This is the question I've been waiting for. I've pondered this for years, and I've finally come up with a plan to go about doing it. However, I must make it short, as this sheet does not have much writing space:

1. All of the Bourgeoisie will be taken and quarantined, so their disease does not spread to the fully functioning population.
2. All of the Bourgeoisie will be forced to cease reproduction. Physical methods will be applied if necessary.
3. Any Bourgeoisie, and I expect their to be many, that does not cooperate or has been deemed to be so far taken by their disease that it may be considered terminal will be chained and forced to march into the Hel Desperatio, as they're a threat to humanity as a whole.
4. All Bourgeoisie sympathizers will be jailed, lobotomized, or executed depending on the depending on how sympathetic they are.

I've written at least a two-hundred more ideas, all of which are subject to change. I'm not doing this to gain anything for myself. I'm doing this for humanity as a whole.

PedroRomero 05-31-2012 07:40 AM

working so i'll do this tomorrow after work... my mind might have ideas so maybe it'll come sooner. no promises lol

edit again- i can't decide between big and buff, or small weakling

Marzai 06-01-2012 09:17 PM

/forum/character-inf...ml#post1729209

SHOTA ACTIVATE!
If Shigga is too young, I can adjust that.

Application sheet:

Surname/Maiden name: L'Rayle
Given name: Shigga
Date of birth: April 17, 2095
Father's name: Shigga L'Rayle Sr.
Mother's name: Hexidni Shadza
Name of spouse: Eeeewwwwww, girl cooties!!
Address: 791 Verdicosba Ave.
Telephone: ε-792-5925
Skills and abilities noteworthy: Um...Oh! Ray-Ray has daggers tucked in his sleeves! They're like extra long nails! Rawr! Or they're like bullets! Pew pew!
Combat abilities? Weapon of choice?: Ray-Ray just told you, silly! But, uh...oh yeah, Ray-Ray's small so he can run really fast. He still hasn't gotten down the running-on-the-wall-thing yet, but Ray-Ray will one day! He can be very sneaky and stuff, too!
Anything else we should know about you?: Ray-Ray eats a lot! Magenta can tell you that.

Why do YOU want to join the Erux?: Ray-Ray wants to show his mommy and daddy just what Magenta and Ray-Ray can do! Ray-Ray wants to make them happy, and Ray-Ray wants to make everyone else that he meets happy, too!

And finally, how do you seek to accomplish this? What do you want to gain?: Ray-Ray always says 'don't forget to smile!' Ray-Ray will always make sure to put a smile on everyone's face!

MsSquid 06-01-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroRomero (Post 1728545)
working so i'll do this tomorrow after work... my mind might have ideas so maybe it'll come sooner. no promises lol

edit again- i can't decide between big and buff, or small weakling

Go big and buff. There needs to be a bruiser.

Nihil679 06-01-2012 10:49 PM

Make him as stereotype as you internet-user-ly can.

Mitchi 06-02-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihil679 (Post 1729247)
Make him as stereotype as you internet-user-ly can.

Honestly Sven, you're one of the few people I know that can pull off a stereotype character well.

PedroRomero 06-02-2012 09:06 AM

hmmm i wish i saw these comments before i started working on my character

edit- here u go application is also included. will anyone get rejected for a half assed app? /forum/1729467-post3.html

Sandrie 06-02-2012 11:26 AM

oh shoot better hurry up and post something...sniff nope still nothing

Gladiat 06-02-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroRomero (Post 1729442)
hmmm i wish i saw these comments before i started working on my character

edit- here u go application is also included. will anyone get rejected for a half assed app? /forum/1729467-post3.html

If anything my app is the most halfassed at 5 in the morning

Sandrie 06-02-2012 06:21 PM

oh snap i actually did this in less than a week /forum/character-inf...ml#post1729705

Application sheet:

Surname/Maiden name:Sykes
Given name:Jeremy
Date of birth:January 2
Place of birth:Vasanta
Father's name:Johnathan
Mother's name:Elizabeth
Sector of residence:Sector γ
Address: 8643 Circle
Telephone: γ-3731-9624 (work)
Skills and abilities noteworthy:My specialty is in research and investigation. Also, I can...acquire some advanced technologies when necessary.
Combat abilities? Weapon of choice?:I have been trained in small firearms and knives. I prefer to use a switchblade.
Anything else we should know about you?: Nothing important to note.

Why do YOU want to join the Erux?:I want find out what caused this huge rift between classes. I also wish to stop Mu, Nu, and Rho and their disgusting apathy for their people.

And finally, how do you seek to accomplish this? What do you want to gain?:I will lend my help as best I can. If a revolution is the only way to stop this corrupt government, so be it.

PedroRomero 06-02-2012 08:59 PM

omg sansan's a guy! i think this is my first time seeing a sansan guy. i am intrigued
haha i'll put my application here too so that ppl don't have to go to his profile

Application sheet:

Surname/Maiden name: Ayala
Given name: Emilio
Date of birth: February 22
Father's name: Julio
Mother's name: Serena
Sector of residence: Sector β
Address: C/ Cristobal Plazoleta 901, 7
Telephone: β-1983-0701
Skills and abilities noteworthy: Computer knowledge, firearms knowledge, medical knowledge, animal husbandry
Combat abilities? Weapon of choice?: I can use a handgun and shotgun.
Anything else we should know about you?:
Why do YOU want to join the Erux?: I never gave thought to things like this as a boy growing up but after working in hospitals over the past few years I believe health care is something entitled to all people not just the elite. I heard that this movement seeks to end inequality between the classes. Naturally that would enable healthcare access to those in need. I do not care about money or politics or technology. I only want people to have the basic necessities of life. You are born into this world and you deserve to live a healthy life.
And finally, how do you seek to accomplish this? What do you want to gain?: I will accomplish this by lending my expertise in medical and mechanical engineering. There is still a lot for me to learn but I cannot sit back and wait to become a master before doing what I think is needed. I will gain field experience while simultaneously accomplishing my goal.

Dani 06-02-2012 09:40 PM

And thus there are no more middle class spots.

YOU ARE FORCED TO BE POVERTY!

PedroRomero 06-02-2012 09:51 PM

i'm surprised u ppl wanna be middle class so bad. aren't u ppl usually poor folk!

Mitchi 06-02-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroRomero (Post 1729786)
i'm surprised u ppl wanna be middle class so bad. aren't u ppl usually poor folk!

Scuse me? Most of us ARE poor broski. Half of the PCs are in ε. We're all so bottom barrel lol.