ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   The Bar (http://ggftw.com/forum/bar/)
-   -   [OOC] Echoes of Our Paradise (http://ggftw.com/forum/bar/106608-ooc-echoes-our-paradise.html)

Dani 12-26-2011 08:55 PM

[OOC] Echoes of Our Paradise

IC Thread

Once upon a time there existed a being beyond our imagination.

Wrapped around in brilliant rays of light this being bore likeness to all the creatures in this world. It's voice like the collected voices of our world speaking at once. A small group of people who lived in a far off secluded paradise worshipped this being; brought it gifts and had faith in it.

They named this being Diasee.

However Diasee eventually grew tired of these people who worshipped it so much. Diasee cast them out of of it's paradise and instead worked to create beings much like itself, yet in a similar likeness to the humans Diasee itself had created. Diasee's initial creation, the angels, and the humans were disregarded. This caused the angels to revolt, as well as some humans to let go of the beliefs they had once held dear. Pandemonium broke out in the mortal world as the humans and angels conspired together to attempt to overthrow Diasee. Diasee noticed this, as well as the other beings he had created.

Eventually a woman by the name of Frigga approached the angels and people and spoke out:

"You have doomed yourselves," the woman announced to the populous of a land called Palestine, "Diasee no longer as any real desire to watch over you humans and angels. He will call forth floods and earthquakes to destroy all of you foolish beings if the drought fails to kill you first."

Now with complete hopelessness washed over the residents of Palestine, they search desperately to find their 'paradise' and be in Diasee's favour once more.

"What is your name, boy?"

The small child looked up at the old man who loomed over him. The man was clad in white robes slightly dirtied from travel and had a cane in his right hand. Over his shoulder the old man carried a simple leather satchel. The boy's striking gold eyes were lit with curiosity and a slight hint of fear, "Enoch."

The old man's eyes scanned the boy before he reached into his satchel and pulled out a rather large cloth bag filled to the brim. He handed it to the child, who looked hesitant to take it. Enoch saw that inside the bag were many seeds.

"Seeds?" Enoch questioned the old man, "Why would you give me this?..."

The old man smiled slightly underneath his hood, "There are exactly one thousand seeds in that bag, little Enoch. Should you succeed in growing at least one it will become a mighty tree, capable of quenching this land's thirst for Cosmos Energies and ending the drought that has befallen on this land."

Enoch's eyes widened with surprise, "Really?... But how can a tree..."

"These seeds are a gift from Diasee," the old man said before finally pulling back his hood. His tanned face was lined with many wrinkles and it was apparent from looking at his eyes that the man was blind, "I am Melchizedek, the king of Salem as well as a Priest of El Elyon. I come with a message from Diasee..."

"Diasee..."

"Diasee has expressed it's disappointment in humans as well as the angels it has created. But it truly does not wish to destroy you all. This tree, should it grow into a mighty tree, will be proof that this world still has meaning. That it still can thrive and grow."

"But sir... I do not understand..." the child shook his head, "How would this prove such a thing?..."

"Well Enoch... Do you wish to live? To watch the world around you until you grow old? To continue to believe in your creator and hope for salvation?"

The child slowly nodded his head.

"Then that is more then enough."

In the city of Azzarea...

The man who claims to be the King of the land is offering people a handsome reward for finding a child by the name of 'Enoch'. His description has been announced to the entire Kingdom and so some people have been scrambling all over the place to find this boy. However many people have already fled from the country and do not wish to waste their time looking for this child. Bandits are now far more widespread then before, pillaging what little villages and towns remain and even the ones that have been completely abandoned. There has also been word that bandits are also looking for Enoch, for he is the key to the world's salvation (as well as great riches!)

Those that remain are mostly too fearful of not only the bandits, but of Diasee's wrath as well. Would searching for Enoch incite the wrath of Diasee?

From the brainstorming thread.

Rules are the same as always, this RP will sort of be... open world like, I guess (past the intro) so the group can do whatever comes about based on consensus and the like. We're chilling in ancient Palestine and here's a map for reference:

http://omg.wthax.org/echoesmap_1.jpg

This RP will basically be historical fantasy loosely based on the Book of Enoch, as well as the Genesis stories. Don't worry though, it won't be preachy (at least I'll avoid that.. Or try to).

Since we're way way back in time during the bronze age and engrishmen are unheard of people here will most likely have Arabic sounding names or even biblical and Hebrew names. Don't worry though, I'll hook you up with this handy site: Behind the Name: Names by Usage No one has a real last name either, and what would replace that is a title. For most commoners it would be where you were born/currently reside, and for those with rich backgrounds or have a famous father you would instead name your famous parent or even a famous title of sorts you may have earned from your various accomplishments.

The three races are Human, Nephilim, and Angel. Nephilim can be basically anything as long as it's not overly broken and Angels fall into two categories [fallen legion or heavenly]. Humans can manipulate Cosmos Energies just like Nephilim and Angels but not quite as well as Angels.

Angels who haven't already fallen hold close to their virtues and are nearly desperate to find a way back to Heaven. Those who have Fallen aren't exactly so keen on returning to their original Paradise quite yet but also don't want to get destroyed by the drought and floods said to come. Angels who haven't already fallen are usually almost like blank slates who know only of their duty, but for the longer they stay on the land of the mortals, they become more and more human like. Think of a robot slowly learning to be human (true angels don't even need to eat or sleep, but get into the habit of doing it as they steadily fall). Fallen angels are just like ordinary humans but perhaps with a bit of a... superior air to them. Depending on how they were raised, Nephilim can be more human, more angelic, or whatever. Of all the races angels can manipulate the cosmos the most efficiently yet if you aren't already fallen you are prone to being corrupted by the elements. Fallen angels are also good at manipulating the cosmos but they aren't as efficient as their heavenly counterparts, and if anything are only slightly better than the Nephilim.

Angels who have not yet fallen are strong with cosmos energies, yet usually forbid ever holding a blade of any sort. They stick to their heavenly weapons formed from the cosmos which also hold the same properties as what element they are most efficient with. Fallen angels have resorted to using the weapons of man having lost the ability to conjure heavenly weapons. Some angels are talented with song magic, but those who have fallen have completely lost the Caelestis Tongue and thus can no longer bring about any cosmos with their songs.

Humans are humans, but some may worship Diasee, the Fallen Angels, or nothing at all. Humans are like jacks of all trades who don't fall into the extremes ( good at cosmos manipulation/bad at melee combat, etc.) and are all around very adaptable. As opposed to Angels they do not fall to corruption quite as easily and have a free will unlike the Heavenly Angels (who eventually develop it either they like it or not). However of all the races Humans have the hardest time picking up the skill to manipulate the cosmos, but once learned they usually don't have much trouble manipulating it for their benefit.

The Nephilim are, in essence, anything that the angelic essences and human natures have merged and morphed into, even becoming strange mutations. Some resemble monsters, others ordinary people. The Nephilim, depending on their form and the like, will probably be more like a race with... Erratic stats. You could be super powerful in the art of combat, yet a horrible manipulator of the cosmos.

What will your character be doing? Will they be looking for Enoch? A travelling merchant caught up in the mess of events? A bandit who wants to find Enoch and sell him to the King for not only the reward but some crazy ransom? Or perhaps a angel or any other sort of being who seeks to protect the child? If you are unsure if your role will suit the story or not, just ask me in a PM or here in the OOC thread.

Character/Player
Shiri | Dani
Tiamat | Marzai
Rune | Harlequin
Nazli | Nihil238479237
Sauda | Pedooo

Drop any questions you may have in this thread. Also, make sure you can travel with the character you make. I'll allow a max of 3 characters per player, but it's not recommended unless you can handle it.

Character Sheet
HTML Code:

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Race:[/B]  (human, angel [fallen or heavenly], nephilim [please elaborate on your choice's traits in the character notes if you are a nephilim])
[B]Occupation:[/B] (merchant? mercenary? rogue? You can pick anything as long as you consider what time period we are in and how you can get them to travel)
[B]Height:[/B] ( if you can include both imperial and metric that would be great, but not required)
[B]Weight:[/B]
[B]Eyes:[/B]
[B]Hair:[/B]
[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Appearance:[/B]

[B]Personality/Character:[/B]

[B]History:[/B]

[B]Equipment:[/B]

[B]Abilities:[/B] (can your character manipulate cosmos energies? are they talented in battle?)

[B]Random quirks?:[/B]

Marzai 12-26-2011 10:41 PM

Tamar, the Seeker of Truth

I am behind you all the way, Dani!

Joey 12-27-2011 12:12 AM

oh okay

/forum/character-inf...ml#post1659479

PedroRomero 12-27-2011 05:32 AM

rune truly is older than dirt

Dani 12-27-2011 06:56 AM

Indeed he is

PedroRomero 12-27-2011 07:10 AM

@rune did the english even have pants at this point? were the english even english O_O

Joey 12-27-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedroRomero (Post 1659581)
@rune did the english even have pants at this point? were the english even english O_O

in 5000 BC they didn't you're right. They weren't English yet, they probably weren't even Anglo-Saxons yet. Wrote it up at 3 AM, sorry about that. I'll get around to fixing it when I can think of what to do orz.

Dani 12-28-2011 10:40 AM

lol u
I might just go ahead and start this since it will be in such a way that you can easily join as the story goes on, but I'll think on it a bit more.

PedroRomero 12-30-2011 12:54 AM

this is hard i can't even imagine what the clothes they wear is like or anything

Dani 12-30-2011 01:20 AM

That's pretty easy, actually. It's a catholic website but gives a very good idea of the type of food, livestock, clothing, and basically daily life of one back in ancient palestine. http://www.catholicculture.org/cultu...fm?recnum=1356

PedroRomero 12-30-2011 01:38 AM

well darn ok i'll edit then xD
/forum/character-inf...ml#post1660706

edit- but i feel like this isn't ancient isreal. i thought this was like genesis chapter 6 times.

Dani 12-30-2011 01:43 AM

It's the same region, basically. There really isn't way too much info on how people dressed/lived way back then so this is the closest I can get a hold of.

dsfjkhujhdashdwhyamistillawake

PedroRomero 12-30-2011 01:48 AM

why are you still awake indeed. and it still the same area but it not the same time. japan is still the same area but this era is not the same as meiji. pre-flood mesopotamia i imagine is way different than abrahamic mesopotamia which is even more different still than the kingdom of isreal portion of the old testament.

that said this is an rp so let's use this. what the hell is wrong with me xD

Dani 12-30-2011 07:09 PM

I dunno, but let's just imagine an ancient desert-like area with lots of poverty except in specific areas. Also IC is up: /forum/role-playing/...-paradise.html

PedroRomero 12-31-2011 11:00 AM

i wrote a wall of text about nothing. >_> i wanted to write about rune but somehow that didnt come out

Joey 01-01-2012 09:57 PM

Rune is already getting into business, POST ONE ALREADY TRYING TO MAKE A SALE.

Kacchi 01-08-2012 11:17 AM

Finally got around to doing this~

/forum/character-inf...ml#post1664329

Dani 01-08-2012 11:59 AM

Hi Kacchi o/
I've been lazy but I promise after you post I'll get everything rolling again. *has been zergrushing pretty much every level based generation quest in mabinogi* Q_Q

Kacchi 01-08-2012 12:24 PM

Are Maya and Shiri still friends and stuff?

Marzai 01-08-2012 12:27 PM

They should be. Dani and I are pretty much doing copy and paste posts until the others start getting involved.