ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Atlantica Wiki (http://ggftw.com/forum/atlantica-wiki/)
-   -   Character Pages (http://ggftw.com/forum/atlantica-wiki/36437-character-pages.html)

Chesters 01-23-2009 09:09 PM

Character Pages

So, how are the character pages basically going to work? Do we need to create pages per each advancement for each advancement, or what?

Also, here's a basic attempt at the character table. Atlantica Online:Character - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Depending on if we make separate pages for each level, I might need to change it. (well I mean, I have to one way or another .-.)

badna0 01-23-2009 09:50 PM

imho separate pages for each one would be redundant... there's not too much unique with each class upgrade except for a new name and a stat boost. I'd rather see them all on one page, personally, or like the in-game viewer, where you can switch between the classes with the arrow keys.

DarkRayne 01-24-2009 05:50 PM

The only reasonable reason I would see the use of separate pages is so that you can include each individual upgrade image for each page.

Adun 01-24-2009 10:02 PM

Each mercenary upgrade is similar to the others except the graphic and base stats.
I would vote for keeping it all on the same page.

Chesters 01-24-2009 10:56 PM

Okay, I updated the character list page. Any comments, suggestions?

Adun 01-24-2009 11:18 PM

It looks great now.

Just one question: Why do weapon pages like "Sword Class" lead to a carbon copy of "Swordsman"?
I suggest that we remove those pages/links and change to text when someone gets the chance.

Chesters 01-24-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adun (Post 684176)
It looks great now.

Just one question: Why do weapon pages like "Sword Class" lead to a carbon copy of "Swordsman"?
I suggest that we remove those pages/links and change to text when someone gets the chance.

I dunno, I was planning to put any "overall mercenary type" information there.. though I'm not really sure what would go there. >>; Basically just a link to the mercenaries and basic description I suppose.

DarkRayne 01-25-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adun (Post 684176)
It looks great now.

well the idea is "Sword Class" is a page for the main character such that the skills reflect that way and the upgrade requirements aren't listed. where as "swordsman" is based on the mercenary that you can recruit yourself.

Chesters, it looks great but the "character" was implemented as a link for the main classes, so including every mercenary wouldn't make sense since players can't be any class. What you're putting together I would find better fitting in the "mercenary" section but also including what class mercenary it is (D, C, etc) like how that page currently is now is also helpful.

Adun 01-25-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkRayne (Post 684325)
well the idea is "Sword Class" is a page for the main character such that the skills reflect that way and the upgrade requirements aren't listed. where as "swordsman" is based on the mercenary that you can recruit yourself.

Chesters, it looks great but the "character" was implemented as a link for the main classes, so including every mercenary wouldn't make sense since players can't be any class. What you're putting together I would find better fitting in the "mercenary" section but also including what class mercenary it is (D, C, etc) like how that page currently is now is also helpful.

Oh, shit. I forgot we have a Mercenary section. >_>
The Character section should just cover the player's character and choice between mains like DR intended.

Everything but Swordsman, Spearman, Shaman, Archer, Cannoneer, Gunner, and Viking are Mercenaries.

Frosty 01-25-2009 05:39 AM

added all missing merc/merc skill info
updated viking/archer info
fixed all lv 100 upgrade req that requires something other than ashen jewel.

someone just need to add the class progression pic for Sailor/Elementalist/Spartan/Janissary if there are any.

and can someone delete the following pages? (cos someone typo'd "Janissary" and i only notice it after i added all the info)
Atlantica Online:Jannisary
Atlantica Online:Jannisary Class Progression
Atlantica Online:Jannisary Stat Progression
Atlantica Online:Jannisary Upgrade Requirements
Atlantica Online:Jannisary Skills

EDIT: for the table on "Atlantica Online:Character" page just have the table without the "mercs" links in it and change the name to "Main Character types"
we can also add that table on "Atlantica_Online:Mercenary" but take out the links that link to "main char" page and just have the "mercs" link on top and that "class D/C/B" table under it.
like this?
http://www.mymmogames.net/wiki/index...line:Character
http://www.mymmogames.net/wiki/index...line:Mercenary

im sorry if i stuff it up im still pretty new to this wiki edit stuff =/

Adun 01-25-2009 09:09 AM

On second thought, main characters inherit class skills based on the weapon they choose but they can not upgrade their character like mercs can, so displaying all Swordsman classes on the "Sword Class" page is quite inaccurate.

DarkJedi 11-18-2009 09:03 PM

Where are the others? Hwarang, Punisher and Minstrell? Add them all ^^