ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Tech Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (7) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-11-2009   7 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80
Exclamation Atlantica Online General Tech Issues

Having Problems with Atlantica Online? Please view the list below before posting any new errors you may occur.

In addition, any "general" tech knowledge that should belong here but not listed, please post it here for the benefits of others...

*Most issues are based from Ndoors Customer Support*

We are not liable for any computer errors you may occur during or after use of the suggestions below. If you are unsure or need specific help, please post accordingly to the AO Tech Issues Section or contact a professional.

----------------------------

Q: What are the Minimum Requirements for Atlantica Online?

A:

If you are unsure if your system meets these requirements please follow these steps to find the relevant information about your computer hardware:

1) Click Start and then Run (for Vista users just search "dxdiag")
2) Type "dxdiag" and select OK
3) Under the first tab labeled "System" you can find your Operating System, CPU, and RAM listed.
4) Next click on the Display Tab at the top of Dxdiag.
5) Look under the Device heading and the name listed there is the name of your video card.

----------------------

Q: I am having an e-mail verification issue with AO. How do I solve this issue?

A: Some users may have experienced an issue of not receiving their account activiation emails after registering their account. The issue preventing some e-mails from arriving has been resolved by Ndoors. If you did not receive your activation e-mail please follow these steps:

1. Log into Atlantica Online's Main Site site with the username and password you entered when you created the account.

2. Click the 'Send E-mail again' button.

3. Allow up to 1 hour for the email to arrive.

4. Once you receive the email, click the 'Verification Button' within the email. Your account should then be successfully verified.

If you encounter any additional problems please submit an inquiry at Ndoors' Customer Support.

----------------------

Q: I've lost my AO account name/password!! What do I do?

A: If you cannot find or remember your password or account name please use the recovery system located on the main page here. If that does not work please submit a ticket here with as much information as you can regarding your account (primarily the information you used to create it).

----------------------

Q: My AO account has been hacked/stolen!! What do I do?

A: Please submit a ticket at Ndoors' Customer Support. Provide as much detail as you can regarding your situation.

----------------------

Q: I am having installation problems. Are there ways to fix this issue?

A: If you are having any problems with the extraction or installation of the client please follow the steps below:

Disable all non-essential processes from running before you attempt to install. Follow these steps to do so:

1) Click Start and then Run
2) Type "msconfig" and select OK
3) When the msconfig box appears select the Start-up tab
4) Select Disable All (if you have a wireless mouse and keyboard or wireless internet, leave those checked on)
5) Select OK and restart your computer
6) If you look at dxdiag again, your pagefile should be much lower (around 200-300mb hopefully)
7) Try running the game
8) If it does not help, go back to msconfig and select Enable All to restore your normal startup procedure.

Also, delete all files in your Windows Temp. directory.

For Windows XP:

1) Restart your computer.
2) Double-click the My Computer icon.
3) Double-click to open the following folders in order: C drive then Windows then Temp.
4) Select and delete all the files in the Temp folder.
5) Next, locate the Temporary Internet Files folder in the Windows Folder.
6) Select and delete all the files from this folder.
7) Restart the computer.
8. Try the installation again

For Windows Vista

1) Click the Start button then All Programs then Accessories then System Tools then Disk Cleanup.
2) Select the drive you want to cleanup such as the C: drive.
3) Click the Clean up button.
4) Try the installation again.

If you are recieving a CRC error please see below.

----------------------

Q: During Installation, I have received a Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) Error. What do I do?

A: If you have received a CRC during the installation of Atlantica Online it is most likely due to a bad download. Try the following measures before you consider re-downloading the client again.

Disable all background applications prior to installing

For Windows XP:
1. Press Control + Alt + Delete to bring up the Task Manager
2. Under the Applications Tab close down every program
For Windows Vista:
1. Right-click on the Taskbar.
2. Select Task Manager.
3. Click the Applications tab.
4. Select each program listed and click the End Task button.
5. Once all the programs are closed you can try the game once again.

You may also want to consider an alternative download when trying to re-download the client. You can find a link to all supported download sites here.

You can also find an Atlantica Online torrent there which may provide an easier way of obtaining the client for users with slower internet connections.

----------------------

Q: I am having patching or login crashes. How do I solve this problem?

A: Freezes or crashes that occur when you are patching or loging-in are most often caused by interference from processes running in the background of your operating system. Please follow these steps to disable the unncessicary proccess from running:

1) Click Start and then Run
2) Type "msconfig" and select OK
3) When the msconfig box appears select the Start-up tab
4) Select Disable All (if you have a wireless mouse and keyboard or wireless internet, leave those things on)
5) Select OK and restart your computer
6) If you look at dxdiag again, your pagefile should be much lower (around 200-300mb hopefully)
7) Try running the game
8) If it does not help, go back to msconfig and select Enable All to restore your normal startup procedure.

If the above steps worked for you, try narrowing down the specific proccess that is causing the problem by going back to msconfig and enabling one process at a time, until your recieve the error again.

If the above steps did not help, please ensure that your firewall is not blocking Atlantica or turn it off entirely while you are playing.

Alternatively, if you are using a router it most likely has the option to place a particular computer in "DMZ". This will disable network filtering. For instructions on how to do this, you will need to contact your router manufacturer. Usually this information can be found on their website.

----------------------

Q: I am having performance issues/choppy gameplay on Atlantica Online. How do I solve this?

A: First you want to make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Atlantica Online.

If your system meets the minimum system requirements, please make sure that your video and sound drivers are up to date. Also make sure you have downloaded the latest updates for DirectX. Please visit your video and sound card manufacturer's website to find the latest drivers.

DirectX updates can be found here: Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

For AGP/PCI-E NVIDIA cards go here: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

For AGP/PCI-E ATI cards go here: Drivers & Software

If your drivers are up to date, please try some of the following solutions:

Lower your in-game settings. To do this, go to the System Tab and select System. Set your graphic level to 1 (found under the Graphics Tab). Also lower your resolution to 1024x768.

Defragment your harddrive

For Windows XP:
1. Click on the Start button, go to All Programs then Accessories then System Tools then Disk Defragmenter.
2. Select the C: drive (or whatever your harddrive is your default).
3. Click the OK button to start.

For Windows Vista:
1. Click on the Start button > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter.
2. Select the C: drive.
3. Click the Defragmentation button to start.

Shut down all background programs prior to launching the game.

For Windows XP:
1. Press Control + Alt + Delete to bring up the Task Manager
2. Under the Applications Tab close down every program

For Windows Vista:
1. Right-click on the Taskbar.

2. Select Task Manager.
3. Click the Applications tab.
4. Select each program listed and click the End Task button.
5. Once all the programs are closed you can try the game once again.

----------------------

Q: I received a graphic device no shader error. What should I do?

A: This error message is typically related to an unsupported video card. First make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements. If it does please updated your drivers as well as DirectX.

DirectX updates can be found here: Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime

----------------------

Q: I received a message saying "Unable to Connect: Please Try Again in a Little While" when trying to run AO. What to do?

A: First, double check that the servers are not down for maintenance when you receive this message. You can check for scheduled maintenance at either the main site or in MMOG's Announcement Section. If the servers are up, you are probably being blocked by a firewall or anti-virus program. Double check that Atlantica.exe and AtlanticaRun.exe are on the exceptions list for your anti-virus and firewall programs. If you are unsure of how to do this, please visit the software publishers website.

If you have added both .exe files to your exceptions list and are still receiving this message please file a support ticket at Ndoors Customer Support or post in this section for help:

A list of firewalls and anti-viruses running?
What type of internet connection you have?
Are you using a router? If so what is the make and model of your router?

----------------------

Q: My account was suspended?

A: If you get a notice at log-in stating that your account was suspended and you believe this to be a mistake please send a ticket in here with the following information. Your account name, character name, the suspension reason and why you believe this to be a mistake.

----------------------

Q: I received error messages about missing .nif or other missing files. What to do?

A: Most often the cause for this error message is problem with the game running on a system with multiple languages installed. For Widnows XP users, please follow these steps to resolve the issue:

Note: These instructions are for Windows XP users.
1. Open the Window's Control Panel
2. Choose 'Regional and Language Options'
3. Click the 'Advanced' tab
4. Under the setting 'Language for non-Unicode programs' change it to 'English (United States)'
5. Apply the changes and you should be prompted to restart your computer.

After your computer has restarted you should be able to enter these maps with no problems.

----------------------

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-30-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Awards Facebook Fan

t0xicCor3 is on a distinguished road

Hey, I have a urgent question and i'd greatly appreciate if someone could help me out on this. None of the above Q&A's are what i'm looking for, so here I am asking a new question. So i'm using the downloader for AtlanticaOnline and after it's complete a windows box comes up. (The name of the box is called windows, like an error or something ) Anyways, It asks "To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it" I'm confused, i've never had this problem before. Do I need to open it with any windows program or wha? I'm so confused. Help!