ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Questions & Answers

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-15-2010   #1 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Newbie character

Hey, so... I was thinking of trying this.

Long story short... I'm lost. o~O

What's a good character for n00bs (*cough* me *cough*) to start with?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-15-2010   #2 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Best class for PvP is 1) staff 2) geetar anhero. Best class for PvE in terms of EFFICIENCY and low dependance on item mall is geetar.

Geetar is a good overall newb friendly class, strong in both aspects of the game... But i will say that as far as pve goes it gets DULL late game as you are shoehorned into playing pure DoT style, meaning you must have certain mercs in your formation even if you don't like them as being without will seriously gimp you.

Best class for being versatile (ie, able to get any combination of mercs you want and not screw yourself over) is Archer, with Gun a close 2nd. However these classes will require good gear at endgame to be able to stand up and do well. Cannon is basically a weaker geetar.

If you want to be a melee class then Spear. The best melee is maniac (powersaw) but that one requires a lvl100 char in order to make, so not an option. It is a reroll class only. Sword is averagesauce for life, not weak but not strong. Axe is the red headed bastard stepchild of the game, exists only for people to laugh at.

tl;dr = Easy zzz time play geetar, pew pew tiem play archer/gun, melee play spear.

Last edited by Shirakani; 04-16-2010 at 12:17 AM.

04-15-2010   #3 (permalink)
wants your bucket

Pharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to all
IGN: Pharoe
Class: Cannon lt_guardian
Level: 100
Guild: Moogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani
Best class for PvP is 1) staff 2) geetar anhero. Best class for PvE in terms of EFFICIENCY and low dependance on item mall is geetar.

Geetar is a good overall newb friendly class, strong in both aspects of the game... But i will say that as far as pve goes it gets DULL late game as you are shoehorned into playing pure DoT style, meaning you must have certain mercs in your formation even if you don't like them as being without will seriously gimp you.

Best class for being versatile (ie, able to get any combination of mercs you want and not screw yourself over) is Archer, with Gun a close 2nd. However these classes will require good gear at endgame to be able to stand up and do well. Cannon is basically a weaker

If you want to be a melee class then Spear. The best melee is maniac (powersaw) but that one requires a lvl100 char in order to make, so not an option. It is a reroll class only. Sword is averagesauce for life, not weak but not strong. Axe is the red headed bastard stepchild of the game, exists only for people to laugh at.

tl;dr = Easy zzz time play geetar, pew pew tiem play archer/gun, melee play spear.
WHAT? ;o;

I have to agree though, guitar, gun, spear and staff mains have an easier time in this game, but they have lower than average defences. Sword main is good, the usual warrior class, it is the one with higher hp and defense too, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure about axe, some time ago it was pretty popular due to freeze, but I don't know how it is now when compared to other jobs.

Cannon is awesome, since you get to carry a big big weapon around.

04-16-2010   #4 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Meant to say weaker geetar. You can play it teh same DoT style, you actually have some attack power, but you cannot hit flying and your DoT sucks compared to geetar's DoT.

04-16-2010   #5 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Actually tbh you can play pretty much any class when you start out and have a decent time, it's not like it's difficult to level or anything. Just don't play an axe main

Pretty much agree with everything Kyo and Pharoe have said too.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

Last edited by Javier; 04-16-2010 at 06:09 AM.

04-18-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuminaryAtlantica OnlineTrickster OnlineLoong - The Power of the Dragon

chocomallows will become famous soon enoughchocomallows will become famous soon enough

aha i knew im on the right track when i chose staff ^^