ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Questions & Answers

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-07-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale
Default About to start out...

Yeah, I decided to try a new game and Atlantica sort of caught my eye, even though a turn-based MMO looked weird. I have a few questions regarding character classes and stuff.

1) What's considered the high tier characters? (mainly PvE, I suppose, since I am not a PvP nut) Oh, and a detailed explanation of what the classes do would be nice as well.

2) Are there "job level ups" of sorts or anything?

3) Also, what are the difficult classes to start off with that might need teh moniez to get an easier start, if any?

Last edited by ShiningSeraph; 07-07-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

1. "Tiers are for *****s!" Anyway, I have an old, old draft guide on main characters that I was able to dig up. May update this in the future if I can remember to do so, but this does give a general understanding on it: http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/atla...tml#post587004

Missing from it is the guitar class, which is a long range character with artillery-like range, but does spear grid damage.

2. There are no "job level ups" in terms of choosing what's your next class or whatever. Mercenaries rely on just upgrades to improve stats and possibly expanding their skill set.

3. Difficult class to get going I would say is the artillery. Money isn't really an issue for any main character, but the difficulty in training would be harder as an artillery main because its damage output (arty's are made to stun the hell out of your opponents and stack AoE DoT skills. A very support class).

Try to treat this MMO as a non-traditional game. The learning curve is a little higher than the usual F2P MMOs. But overall, just a really different type of MMO that only certain people would enjoy. Also, if you happen to join us, be sure to visit the Sikyon server so I can add you to my guild :3.

/steals

07-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Well, that sort of helped. I guess tiers was a wrong way to put it; I just didn't want to start off with a crappy character lolz.

I did join the Sikyon server. I started with a Staff user, but I might try my hand at an Axe user sooner or later as well. Hm.

07-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Well, axe users got it easy with their Freezing Axe skill, which instantly delays your opponent's row a turn. Staff users are pretty strong when used right and seem to be among the popular choice due to it's AoE capabilities and healing skills.

Choose whoever main character you want, then try to create a merc. formation that can complement your main.

07-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

don't forget to contact boomsticky in game, or one of us so we can hook you up with our guild slotz

07-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Alright. Are guilds shared on all characters or do you have to be invited one by one?

07-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningSeraph
Alright. Are guilds shared on all characters or do you have to be invited one by one?
It's by each individual character, and you can have max of 3 characters. I would recommend leaving one of the character slot blank because you will have access to Maniacs once one of your main hits level 100.

Also.. I think archer is harder to level as a Main than Arty.

07-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Sword main = average PvE, average PvP, pretty average 'tank' main. Nothing really special and outstanding frankly. Requires a VERY high level of skill to excel in PvP.

Spear main = average PvE at start, decent and strong PvP when used in conjunction w/ spear merc. Very quickly becomes one of the most versatile classes, able to fit into any formation. Primary skill Lightning Spear never loses value.

Gun main = strong PvE, strong PvP, generally has to specialize toward having multiple other range mercs, but a very solid, easy to play main. Main downside is that the primary skill (Wild Shot) becomes useless VERY quickly. However this is remedied by lvl100 with the new skill Scorching Bullets.

Cannon main = very strong PvE, strong PvP if specialized toward a stun build. Extremely easy to play and fits well into any 'bombsquad' or ranged formation. Primary skill Deep Insight never loses value. Very fast levelling class.

Staff main = Extremely strong PvE, strong PvP, one of the best PvE classes in game and one of the fastest levelling due to AoE nuke spam. Very versatile class, can opt to play either primary healer, or offensive nuker, fits into any formation.

Archer main = average PvE at start, very strong PvP. Arguably one of the strongest PvP classes, if not the strongest, as of the last patch due to critical formula rework. In PvE, primary skill Silence very quickly becomes useless unless in PvP. Class improves GREATLY at 100 when Arrow Cascade is gained. It's proverbially a class that sucks all the way until lvl100, then it becomes one of the best in game.

Axe main = Decent and easy PvE in the beginning, decent PvP in the beginning. Very quickly becomes a totally redundant main overall as the value of primary skill Freezing Axe is totally outdone by the northern viking's Ice Ridge Axe. Lvl100 main upgrade skill is total freaking WORTHLESS. General consensus on official forum: If you made an Axe main and are still under lvl30, reroll... If you're over 60-70, buy a Vial of Amnesia and change class...

Musician main = Strongest PvE class in game, strong PvP even after recent nerfs. It's a pure Damage Over Time class, which means you must play specialized toward that. Can potentially get dull because of it but is a very good class overall. Strong in PvP, but DoT style is largely made useless due to the double monk fail going on.

Powersaw main = Requires a lvl100 character on the account to even create. Has all the benefits of an Axe main, with NONE of the downsides. Primary skill is a strong AoE attack. Lvl100 skill is as useless as the Axe main's skill, but the class overall has more than enough positives to make up for it. Storm Blade, it's 2nd skill, was recently changed from an 'activation' skill to an on-hit proc, making it MUCH better. Overall a very, very powerful class, the only class leaning towards 'imba'. Considering that it requires a lvl100 main on the account to even create however, it can have it. It's powerful but not brokenly powerful, the balance is still very solid.

07-08-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Whoa snap. That is a very in-depth analysis. Thanks a bunch, lol. Glad I rolled a Staff.

07-17-2009   #10 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

People always told me that Staff mains were useless, since they're basically healers as a main, and can't upgrade like your mercs can. So I went with bow. X_X

07-17-2009   #11 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Your main automatically upgrades when it reaches the appropriate level. Also, I believe staff mains usually get the AoE spells Evanescant Scud and Flame Blow, instead of thee support spells.

07-17-2009   #12 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

I know, but they always said it was a bad thing. @_@

Bad choice I did then. >:

07-17-2009   #13 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Staff mains have access to all skills of a regular shaman, and in addition can get:

-Guard Dispel
-Evanescent Scud
-Flame Blow
-Mana Shield

Obviously, your sources are terrible. If you need help/advice ask around here, or lurk the official forums.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

07-20-2009   #14 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

I wouldn't say bow is a bad choice, they are the flavor of the month for pvp...so many people changing to bows.

07-21-2009   #15 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

Staffs are pretty good to use to grind and switch to a different character later on. I've gotten to div 4 with my staff main before I started sending my mercs out.