ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Atlantica Online Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/atlantica-online-questions-answers/)
-   -   dumping witch? (http://ggftw.com/forum/atlantica-online-questions-answers/45432-dumping-witch.html)

Fineti 04-24-2009 10:34 AM

dumping witch?

So I'm getting tired of my witch, and I was hoping to get some suggestions on what to replace her with. I am sick of her giving enemies an easy pass to rape my back row, and I only use her for meteor anyways (getting less useful in PvE and I don't have to AoE spam in FL anymore <3). I'm way too poor for a spartan right now, so I'm thinking of throwing my archer back in.

Here's my usual formation:
exo / LK / BT
vik / witch / mainiac
monk / prophet / oracle

(I shift her around a lot, but it doesn't help with the back row raping.)

DarkRayne 04-24-2009 11:27 AM

I've never been a fan of having two or three mages in the same row. Just makes silence that much more brutal. Perhaps a viking in place of the witch? You won't have the AoE but at least dual freeze?

WhatThePho 04-24-2009 01:23 PM

Breadsmith :shock:

Fineti 04-24-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrClastro (Post 805035)
Breadsmith :shock:

Hell noes, he's in merc prison for attempted breadslaughter.

I keep them in the same row because usually at least one front row merc dies per battle, and my staffs basically die in two hits to the Adlivun mobs. (hence the back row rapage with witch)

Javier 04-24-2009 07:00 PM

Archer will be nice, multi-arrow is pretty strong.

But why not get a 'C' range to counter scrolling? Inv/Cannoneer/Jani.

Fineti 04-24-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayyy (Post 805314)
Archer will be nice, multi-arrow is pretty strong.

But why not get a 'C' range to counter scrolling? Inv/Cannoneer/Jani.

Inventor is kind of useless without other stun mercs, and I just don't see how cannoneer is very useful either. .-.

Janny might be nice though... (if I can get past his horrible ugliness)

Pharoe 04-26-2009 03:05 PM

Come on, janissary is full of <3

8D

Fineti 04-26-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharoe (Post 807437)
Come on, janissary is full of <3

8D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../janissary.png
:py18:

Tamiki 04-26-2009 10:19 PM

I think a cannoneer, inventor or a janissary would replace your witch well.

Shirakani 04-28-2009 05:50 PM

It's kinda amusing that the 'worthless' archer gets put back in at later levels due to the value of dark archer. I think they knew that archer's value diminished over time.

Janissary is ugly, but his seed mode is hax and jesus. I saw a seth'd seed mode jani recently, nearly wiped out an entire column in one turn...

boomsticky 04-28-2009 08:23 PM

If I can get a shotgun for myself and one for my jani (that I could get)...

*droool*

Oh yeah.../stays on topic

what build are you trying to focus on anyway? AoE build? Stun Build? Hybrids?

Fineti 04-29-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomsticky (Post 810920)
what build are you trying to focus on anyway? AoE build? Stun Build? Hybrids?

I'm sot sure exactly, but this all came about because I want a spartan, and I was thinking about replacing my BT with it (summon does facepalm damage now and I <3 LK). Without a BT it's not exactly an Aoe build anymore, so I was trying to think of something to make it still work. .-.

Shirakani 04-29-2009 06:54 PM

The other question to ask is it for PvE or PvP?...

Fineti 04-29-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirakani (Post 812553)
The other question to ask is it for PvE or PvP?...

PvP for the Spartan thing, though the witch thing was bugging me in PvE too. I mean, if you can get a Spartan you shouldn't have too much trouble in PvE.

Javier 04-30-2009 06:27 PM

Also, if you do replace the witch then the Exo is completely pointless..you could leave him in the freezer and take him out just for FLs.

Shirakani 04-30-2009 07:52 PM

Exo's only value is to be a backup tank and Mana Seal. I originally levelled Mana Burn for PvE but i'm finding myself not even bothering with that. Once i get a better tank like LK or Spartan, i'm going to remove Mana Burn completely and max Mana Seal for use in FL and that's it.

Even now i'm finding that the Exo's value is to Mana Seal staff types even in PvE. Mana Burn is weak as hell and for some reason, Mana Burn + dual Mana Drain (exo+witch combo) still cannot suck a monster line totally dry, therefore it's pointless.