ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Atlantica Online Questions & Answers (http://ggftw.com/forum/atlantica-online-questions-answers/)
-   -   The 'weight' of gold... (http://ggftw.com/forum/atlantica-online-questions-answers/42396-weight-gold.html)

Shirakani 03-19-2009 08:45 AM

The 'weight' of gold...

Just a question that i should ask, and i guess a little discussion would be good... which is why i started another thread.

What, in everybody's opinion, as well as from what is currently going on... is the 'weight' or the value of gold in this game?

I'm not really asking 'how much do i need to buy <whatever>'... I'm more asking how much do you really need to be able to 'live' versus 'being rich'?

What is the definition of rich? How much do you need to have to be considered wealthy/affluent, etc? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to look out for, what sort of plans i should be making around saving money, etc etc etc.

Any insight you guys can provide is appreciated. :py53:

Kenzor 03-22-2009 10:39 AM

at low levels, just sell anything u dont feel you'll need and u should have enough to survive, make sure to never ever buy life potions from the hospital because they're like 10 times cheaper in the market, if u want u can buy food from the market too if u dont like sitting and waiting for ur hp/mp to charge, quests also give decent money to help ur survive too (as well as good exp spread out to all ur mercenaries)

u can repeat mercenary quests (exorcist quest [lvl 57] is good for me) at later levels and sell the reward to make fast money (i make fast 14mils from this ^^), which is enough to survive (and be rich if ur not a major upgrade wh.ore)

im not sure how to be super super rich though... im guessing its cash or just many many repeats of mercenary quest... or those championship/league thingies that i never compete in

WhatThePho 03-22-2009 11:55 AM

Regular hunting and doing quests can get you along just fine. Purchasing items, especially the enchanted gears, from users are waste of money because most of the sellers factors in the cost of Enchant Stone and the basic value of the gears. I'm sure that there are quite a few number of players that has already accumulated billions of gold and much more money circulating around the market in terms of items and gears.

10-15 million is plenty up to level 50~60's to purchase items that you think are absolutely necessary to finish the quests and such. Beyond that... purchasing Growth Vials, variation of gears, and buying large quantities of crystals are just a luxury... although you should at least max out Growth Vials [Mid] for your mercenaries.

Th easiest way to earn gold is probably Crystal farming, redo mercenary quests (which takes a long time and rapes your stamina), or exchange books with Goncourt (I do this).

Shirakani 03-22-2009 09:39 PM

By repeating merc quests, you're talking about repeating the RECRUITING quests? How do you go about redoing those? Just go to the NPC again?

Javier 03-23-2009 12:42 AM

You need to buy or craft a specific quest reset license, and then speak to the NPC Hui Chao that resets quests.

Then, you can go visit the relevant NPC for the quest and redo the questline.

Shirakani 03-23-2009 04:40 AM

What's this licence called?

boomsticky 03-23-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirakani (Post 765731)

They're generally called licenses. Depending what recruiting quest it is will determine the name of the license. It is under the list of License if you look under Item Info in-game. You can craft them or buy them off the market.

Kenzor 03-23-2009 11:12 AM

"Secrets of Time: [Quest name here]"
e.g. Secrets of Time: Exorcist
Secrets of Time: Witch

WhatThePho 03-23-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirakani (Post 765731)

Not worth it. It takes an entire day and you'd need to be significantly higher than the minimum level requirement to solo it with ease.

Javier 03-24-2009 03:33 AM

Well, there's no need to solo really, just use peer chat. There are always lots of people looking for merc quest parties. With a 2/3 man team you'll be finishing most merc quests in no time (except the Inventor quest which makes grown men cry, but that's a different matter ;p)

WhatThePho 03-24-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayyy (Post 766705)
Well, there's no need to solo really, just use peer chat. There are always lots of people looking for merc quest parties. With a 2/3 man team you'll be finishing most merc quests in no time (except the Inventor quest which makes grown men cry, but that's a different matter ;p)

I QQ enough at Exo quest as it is.

Tea 03-24-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrClastro (Post 766996)
I QQ enough at Exo quest as it is.

yes that quest took me forever :{ .. plus at the time Boom was already done with it .. so i was like T____T .. waiting around for him or somebody to come help me with it XD;;

Shirakani 03-25-2009 06:27 PM

Hm, hard to solo eh? Ah well, worst comes to worst... grab some bewitch scrolls, grab some judgement scrolls and brute force your way thru it. So far i see very little that can withstand a barrage of 3 judgement scrolls at once. Wonder how true this remains at a high level.

I'm slowing down on the levelling (currently 45, mercs at 37 or so), to get basic crafts all to lvl10...

WhatThePho 03-25-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirakani (Post 768606)
Hm, hard to solo eh? Ah well, worst comes to worst... grab some bewitch scrolls, grab some judgement scrolls and brute force your way thru it. So far i see very little that can withstand a barrage of 3 judgement scrolls at once. Wonder how true this remains at a high level.

I'm slowing down on the levelling (currently 45, mercs at 37 or so), to get basic crafts all to lvl10...

Not even that... it's excruciatingly long. Have fun burning a hole in your wallet using Judgement Scrolls.

Shirakani 03-25-2009 09:00 PM

Heh, i won't be doing it that way. I'm not that foolish to waste consumables like that. I haven't even purchased any of those 'supplies'. All i've spent on the game is $20 on lolboxes. I did get some scrolls out of the $1 boxes but to me, those are 'safeties'. If i ever get caught in a fight and i look like i'm going to lose, busting out the judgements is the way to save my ass from dying.

Otherwise, unless i'm freaking rich and lvl95, i won't be using the scrolls for levelling... though i hear some ppl do do that at high lvls to grind... judgement scroll grinding...

Fineti 03-26-2009 12:32 AM

It's not THAT bad. I soloed everything but the last floor of the shadow dungeon. .-.

Once you get into the 90's you start getting more money from pretty much everything, so I would take it somewhat easy in the beginning. (The game is relatively easy until then anyways)

Dook 03-26-2009 01:13 AM

About goncourt, do one of those guild training rooms. It only costs level x 10g and can get you 20+ book boxes. Lots of profit there if you have the patience.

I also find PvP to be a healthy source of cash, I get about 3 mil every tournament, and I lose half the time. Not to mention the 100k exp book that you can get (div 9 + i think?)

Also, I thought I should mention the arena ^_^ money drainer a lot of the time, but smart betting can give you a profit almost every time, even though it might only be 10%.

Quote:

What is the definition of rich? How much do you need to have to be considered wealthy/affluent, etc? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to look out for, what sort of plans i should be making around saving money, etc etc etc.
You can consider yourself rich once you have 1bil gold ^_^ + mercury + a couple of +10 equips =P
At lvl 90+ you have dungeons (indie, guild, nation) USE THEM and voila, thy art rich bugger.

Shirakani 03-26-2009 08:40 AM

Heh, joining a nation is probably one thing i won't ever do. I'm quite happy to be in a small, under-the-radar guild. This means we're not a target for those nation leaders that need to feel self important daily by going around randomly KJ'ing ppl.

IMO, it's quite the fail of a system of how KJ is implemented. I understand they wanted to include some LOLDRAMA in the game, but doing it at the expense of others' enjoyment is never a good thing. Especially when the power is granted to only a very select few. WoW did it right by having dedicated PvP and PvE servers. Not everyone enjoys PvP, and some ppl just want to play quietly with none of the loldrama. IMO there should either be segregated PvP/PvE servers, or some option somewhere to remove yourself as a KJ'able player... but at the expense of never being able to join 'open' PvP.

Seems to me that NDoors tried to copy RO's 'War of Emperium' here by allowing 'war' every thurs to sunday... But were unable to do it right.

Dook 03-26-2009 05:53 PM

Oh yeah, the war. I should know actually, since I'm in Covenant >_<
Well I haven't been KJ'ed so far, though the fact that I play when NA players are sleeping helps.

It's a shame that the KJ system is messed up =/ being in a nation has so many benefits.

Shirakani 03-26-2009 07:31 PM

In terms of PvE content, I think the only thing you miss out from not being in a nation is the ability to access 3 nation dungeons. I think it's only 3 anyway, going by the Hall of Fame thing in game... all the other dungeons are ind or guild, most of them are guild.

This does make Pirate harder to get though as the only way to get Davy Jones' Heart is to get it as a gift from an independant merc, or buy it off market for a ridiculous price. But then again these mercs are optional i guess.

Wonder if NDoors KR will fix the KJ system... It really, really shouldn't exist. There are already so many options for players to PvP consensually, and the open war system. KJ has no value.