ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Questions & Answers

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-17-2009   #1 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva
Default Just decided to try this and... some newb Q's...

Ones that i couldn't easily find the answers to after trawling the official forams and here.

1) How party oriented is this game? From reading the official forams... boss fights are SOLO only unless in a shadow dungeon?... What's all this about?

2) Equipment... Are they all drops, or are they all made? It seems like anything good is crafted/made. Enchants, seems to me that the only real way to get something crazy hax is to buy something from teh cash sopp and peen it that way?

3) PvP... Is pvp 'open world' like WoW where you can get ganked at any time, or is it restricted to an Arena only? I couldn't find a clear answer on this. It SEEMS like it's the latter, but not too sure.

4) Mounts... don't tell me the only way to get something peen is to buy a lolbox... spare me

5) Reliance on cash... how bad is it? The cash shop looks nothing like an Ntreev shop and looks more like a Nexon shop. We all know these 'free to play' games aren't 'free to enjoy' unless you obtain SOME cash in some way... So how bad is it?

6) Levelling/grinding... is this an EPIC LOL GRINDINGZ gaem or pretty casual?

7) What the hell is auto-battle?? Don't tell me this is 'in game bot' mode where the game plays itself for you...

I think that's it for now. Thanks for answering and sorry if it all sounds stupid but the official forams aren't much help, and MMOG's foram is rather threadbare

Last edited by Shirakani; 03-17-2009 at 07:14 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

1. How do I put this.. in the early levels, in fact all the way till your late 90s, you probably wouldn't really need to party much as most of the quests are generally soloable if you're decently geared. However, beyond the late 90s many of the monsters you encounter deal insane damage or gang up on you, such that you'll have a much better time if you partied with others.

That said, there are various aspects of the game that require party play. For example, recruiting mercenaries as soon as you unlock the relevant quest- you'll face comparatively tougher monsters, and it will be hard to solo through a shadow dungeon, since the monsters aggro and gang up on you.

Guild, Individual and Nation dungeons: These are specifically made for party play since they involve you having to slay several monsters within a given (short) period of time to get various rewards.

About boss fights, basically every questline ends with you having to face-off with a boss. If the boss is in a main questline, it has to be soloed. If it's in a side quest, mercenary recruitment quest (= shadow dungeon boss) or dungeon, it can be taken down with a party.

2. They can be crafted but are mostly dropped. Enchanting basically requires you to have two items of a specific tier to make one item of the next tier. So, as you move from +1 to +10 enchantment, the amount of starting items you'd need (from scratch) increases exponentially. But this can be bypassed by enhancing, where you only need one item. The catch: if the enhancement fails your gear goes poof. So you don't really need to use the cash shop, although there are stuff that stop your stuff from disappearing on a failed enhancement.

3. Mostly the latter. Except when a nation leader uses his "king's judgement" on a person, then that person is available to be PK'ed by anyone in the said nation (if I'm not wrong).

4. Sadly, haxed out mounts do come out of lolboxes. But all cash shop items are tradeable for ingame gold, so you don't really have to fork out cash unless you want to.

5. Totally unnecessary, unless you insist on having a mount and/or powerlevelling with scrolls or exp boosting potions. Then again, you could still buy all that with ingame gold anyway.

6. Very casual, up till 95 or so, beyond which the levelling curve becomes really steep all of a sudden.

7. It is kind of a bot-mode, I guess. If you have the license, basically once you aggro a monster, your team attacks on its own during your turn. But there are catches, like you're only allowed so many auto-battles, even if your license hasn't expired, and you'd need to fight regular battles to charge up the "available auto battles" counter.

Hope that helped, 8D

It's the nature of my circuitry.

03-17-2009   #3 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

1) How party oriented is this game? From reading the official forams... boss fights are SOLO only unless in a shadow dungeon?... What's all this about?

I would say maybe 60% solo, 40% partying? Shadow dungeon is an area where the mobs are harder and have a much higher chance in mob reinforcement. It is recommended to be in a party do the areas, but it's possible to run it solo.

2) Equipment... Are they all drops, or are they all made? It seems like anything good is crafted/made. Enchants, seems to me that the only real way to get something crazy hax is to buy something from teh cash sopp and peen it that way?

Both. Equipment can be dropped, bought, rewarded, or crafted. However, there are a few sets that are craft exclusive, or some exclusive equipment that are dropped or rewarded.

To get some nice enchanted stats, you can either enchant or enhance (Check here to learn more). Currently, there is nothing in cash shop that'll "get you something crazy hax". Only thing related to the topic is the Oriharukon enhance stone, which mostly improves enhancing probabilities.

Atlantica Online =/= Trickster Online

3) PvP... Is pvp 'open world' like WoW where you can get ganked at any time, or is it restricted to an Arena only? I couldn't find a clear answer on this. It SEEMS like it's the latter, but not too sure.

PvP is in a 'closed world'. You can PvP through challenge type battles or daily tournaments.

4) Mounts... don't tell me the only way to get something peen is to buy a lolbox... spare me

Yes and no. You can buy mounts through cash shop, events, Player v. Dev matches, or on the market. Unfortunately, the market is currently inflated, so mounts are pretty expensive.

5) Reliance on cash... how bad is it? The cash shop looks nothing like an Ntreev shop and looks more like a Nexon shop. We all know these 'free to play' games aren't 'free to enjoy' unless you obtain SOME cash in some way... So how bad is it?

So far, the cash shop clothing has little stats, but nothing worth crying about like in TO. But in general, cash shop helps you get through PvE quicker, but hardly applicable in PvP.

6) Levelling/grinding... is this an EPIC LOL GRINDINGZ gaem or pretty casual?

AO is mostly casual. It is more quest grinding than the usual.

7) What the hell is auto-battle?? Don't tell me this is 'in game bot' mode where the game plays itself for you...

Yes and no. You go into bot mode, but you still have to control aggroing, in the case of AO, clicking on enemies to enter a battle, which then auto-battle turns on. Also, Auto-battling is not functional unless you buy a license for it (i.e. cash shop, market, rewards). NDoors did a very good job setting up 'bot mode' without completely wiping all interaction with the community.

I think that's it for now. Thanks for answering and sorry if it all sounds stupid but the official forams aren't much help, and MMOG's foram is rather threadbare

Yeah. Not many people play AO, but we're trying to bring some attention to it.

Last edited by boomsticky; 03-17-2009 at 11:24 AM.

03-17-2009   #4 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold

Nice, thanks for the answers. My main concern is the PvP, as i'm trying to get my girlfriend to play with me and she's a total newb at this stuff... She's the type who'll cry and quit if she gets ganked so... yeah. No open world PvP kthx.

What's this about a nation leader thing?

Also, am I right in saying that if you just keep playing the game normally, and doing all the quests, you will get nice things dropping here and there equipment wise, or MUST you eventually buy gear from the market and/or grind farm bosses for drops? (Question is mostly to decide on a low pop or high pop server to pick).

Good on the party play thing too. It seems that max battles are 3x3... So i guess as long as i have someone with me, pretty much all content can be handled. Besides, from a bit of looking around it seems like there is an auto i win button of sorts. If all else fails, use a judgement scroll...

What server do you guys recommend? Or rather... which server are all the majority of MMOG'ers on? If possible I'd like to eventually get into an MMOG run guild.

Last edited by Shirakani; 03-17-2009 at 02:49 PM.

03-17-2009   #5 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice

- What's this about a nation leader thing?

Atlantica Online:Nation - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Essentially, you're a leader (King) of multiple guilds. There are some perks, but it requires some dedication and management.

- Also, am I right in saying that if you just keep playing the game normally, and doing all the quests, you will get nice things dropping here and there equipment wise, or MUST you eventually buy gear from the market and/or grind farm bosses for drops? (Question is mostly to decide on a low pop or high pop server to pick).

Either or. You could probably go through the game without buying any equipment for a while, but at some point you may consider doing some shopping.

Boss farming is unnecessary since they don't drop anything unique compared to the rest of the baddies. Late in the game though, they'll start dropping unique stuff, but generally, the game has very little boss farming. I would explain more in detail, but that's just the general information.

- Good on the party play thing too. It seems that max battles are 3x3... So i guess as long as i have someone with me, pretty much all content can be handled. Besides, from a bit of looking around it seems like there is an auto i win button of sorts. If all else fails, use a judgement scroll...

Judgement scroll does a lot of damage, but it is not always a OHKO sort of deal. Plus, most of the really good scrolls come from cash shop (or events) and generally, there are rules to how much scrolling you can use in (PvE) battle. At most, scrolls are used for either emergency or for grinding.

- What server do you guys recommend? Or rather... which server are all the majority of MMOG'ers on? If possible I'd like to eventually get into an MMOG run guild.

The two active guilds from MMOG are in the AO Guild section. But to sum it up, I own a guild in Sikyon and DrScribbles has one in Thebes.

With my guild in particular, our activity is a bit in the drain and I'm trying to build up some life into it. At best, there are maybe 5 of us that are active and a few non-MMOG. Dunno on the activity with the one in Thebes. A lot of people prefer joining guilds that owns a town and/or a part of a nation. It's been pretty tough...

03-17-2009   #6 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Meh, when you're in a nation guild, you'll get lost amongst all the others. Not for me... I never care about a game to the level where it becomes an issue. At the end of the day I'll be playing this pretty casually with my girlfriend.

We may join the Sikyon server... If we do, I'll apply us to your guild if you're recruiting.

Can you explain a bit more about how equipment is generally obtained and drops? Also a bit of info on what the [Beg] [Pre] etc means if you don't mind?

Thanks for the answers, it's all good info

03-17-2009   #7 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Equipment either comes from drops, bought from the market, auction, private shop, etc., crafting, or as a reward.

Drops: Getting equipment from monsters/bosses usually drops as a box. Inside the box contains a number of equipment that is randomly given one to you upon opening it. Also, what type of box depends what series of equipment you're getting. So for example, opening a Spirit Equipment Box will give you a single Spirit weapon or armor at random.

Buying: You can buy your equipment in whatever manner. Your selection is higher because you can either buy the equipment boxes or directly buy the equipment you want specifically.

Crafting: Basically craft the equipment you want to make using mats within the game. Learn more here.

Reward: You can get boxes or equipment directly from doing quests.

As for [Beg], [Pre] stuff...

[Beg] = can be usable up to level 30
[Int] or [Mid] = can be usable up to level 60
[Adv] = can be usable up to level 100
[Pre] = can be usable up to level 120

For example:

Enchantment Stone [Beg] = can only enchant equipment that is level 1 - 30
Life Potion [Adv] = can be used to revive your mercenaries until your main reaches level 100
Hammer [Int] = can dismantle items between level 1 - 60

...Stuff like that

03-17-2009   #8 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of

Yeah, I guess you'd have to be more of a serious player if you're in a guild that owns a town or is in a nation, but there's the advantage of unlocking more content (nation dungeons and stuff).

But yeah, join Moogles nao if you're looking for a pretty casual environment. The more the merrier!

03-18-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

I'm in a guild in Atlantica Online, I left a guild that owned Mumbai to join my fiance's guild. I have no regrets as the guild I'm in (Sikyon server) is strong and close-knit. ^_~ We even have plans on how to take over Bucharest <33

All in all, I quit Grand Chase for Atlantica Online about 3 weeks ago and never looked back. Grand Chase lost its luster to me, I'm probably not going back there ever, until Battle Mage comes out. Nevertheless, I love Atlantica Online, it's a very casual game...so I can be gone for a few days and not play, and finally come back on...and I won't ever feel like I'm "left behind" and need to catch up. I love the pace of this game <33

03-18-2009   #10 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenalia
I'm in a guild in Atlantica Online, I left a guild that owned Mumbai to join my fiance's guild. I have no regrets as the guild I'm in (Sikyon server) is strong and close-knit. ^_~ We even have plans on how to take over Bucharest <33
i wouldn't want to take over any town esp top guild towns they might pk/kj ppl bidding on their town =x

this game is very newbie friendly

03-18-2009   #11 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Ok, idiot question coming up...

How are new skills learnt?... I can't find any replies on the official forum, maybe i'm just missing something totally here...

03-18-2009   #12 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

skill books

[beg] 1~20 can be bought at market for fixed price 5k/10k or from comm box beg/book box
[int] 21~40 book box/craft/comm box mid
[adv] 41~60 book box/craft very expensive/comm box adv

03-18-2009   #13 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Ugh... books...

Ok, i made a staff main... how do i know what books are right? I bought one book for Scud[Beg], and i can't use it coz it says the class doesn't match...

How to differenciate between skill books for mains and skills for mercs?

03-18-2009   #14 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

Well, the "mercenary info" tab of your questlog/journal (or Pokegear as we like to call it) lists all the skills available for mercs.

Main only skills are:

- Break Down for melee mains,
- Chaos Wind for range mains,
- Evanescent Scud for staff main,
- One new main only skill for every class, unlockable only at level 100. (eg. for a staff main it's Flame Blow).

03-18-2009   #15 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Yeah... I got it. Feel like a total noob. I keep forgetting that god damn inventory window is NOT GLOBAL. Sheesh... They really should make it a global window... Had to move the book to the specific character's inv before using it ...

Is there a way, when playing in a party, to make the entire battlefield more... uh... 'viewable'? It gets really, really freaking cluttered... By that i mean it can be hard to click on the target you want. Are there any 'easy targeting tricks' or is this a 'get used to it' thing? Yes i do know you can right click, rotate, and mousewheel to zoom.

Last edited by Shirakani; 03-18-2009 at 08:33 AM.

03-18-2009   #16 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani
Yeah... I got it. Feel like a total noob. I keep forgetting that god damn inventory window is NOT GLOBAL. Sheesh... They really should make it a global window... Had to move the book to the specific character's inv before using it ...

Is there a way, when playing in a party, to make the entire battlefield more... uh... 'viewable'? It gets really, really freaking cluttered... By that i mean it can be hard to click on the target you want. Are there any 'easy targeting tricks' or is this a 'get used to it' thing? Yes i do know you can right click, rotate, and mousewheel to zoom.
You have to get used to it. I have hard time when dealing in party of 3's...especially when I'm at either end of it since I can't see the monsters all the way on the other end.

03-18-2009   #17 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Press the arrow keys to move the camera around in battle.

03-18-2009   #18 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games

Yup, I usually use the arrow keys when I can't see the monsters at either end of the battlefield.

03-18-2009   #19 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Arrow keys helps a bit, but yeah... in a full 3x3 it gets MESSY. I think they somewhat intended for you to either take out the group of mobs you CAN see well, or just move the camera so you can't see yourself.

Ok, last few questions, then i'll shut up and stop annoying you guys :P

1) When you learn skills, they carry over when you pass the levelling milestones yes? ie, If i were to learn Evanscence Scud up to lvl20 with the [beg] books, once I pass level 20 i'll keep the skill at that level and will simply need to get the higher level books to raise it further?

2) I'm also going to assume that since this is a platoon style game, focusing on main levelling alone is a bad idea and i'll also have to level all the mercs evenly. is there like... build information anywhere? Information on what skills are good, etc? For staff right now i know to get Brutal Will and Scud (i will be playing PvE only)... Scud seems to be the sole reason to staff main... But is there like a build/progression sort of chart somewhere for all the classes? Before i royally screw up something.

3) The mercs you hire at the start, do you keep them for the entire lifetime you play and they level up with you and evolve? Or do you simply shitcan em later and hire new ones? I'm reading stuff about upgrading your mercs to heroes or what not later and needing crystals...

4) General world navigation... I'm lvl13 at this point, expect to be 20 by the time i get home from work, and seeing as AO is very similar to WoW in terms of world travel... what's the 'flightpath' equivalent?

5) Looking through Market and the Bazaar, i'm seeing all sorts of nice gear and such. Am i right in saying that all gear in this game can be pretty much bought from the market or from somebody... It's WoW without the bullshit 'bind on pickup' and 'bind on equip'? Or is there gear that is non tradable or binds?

I think that's it... I've joined Moogles, kekekekeke, gonna bother boomsticky in game if i see him

03-18-2009   #20 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
IGN: Ryoko Nee
Class: Paladin lt_sorcerer
Level: i93
Guild: The Kingfishers
Xfire: d4rthsid

I'm surprised how many people don't/didn't know to push the arrow keys to move the camera. Or even that matter, surprised at how many haven't tried. This isn't directly at anyone who struggles with that within this thread, but I've explained this detail to tons of people in game already.