ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Questions & Answers

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-18-2009   #21 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

1) When you learn skills, they carry over when you pass the levelling milestones yes? ie, If i were to learn Evanscence Scud up to lvl20 with the [beg] books, once I pass level 20 i'll keep the skill at that level and will simply need to get the higher level books to raise it further?

Skill books isn't really affected by your main character's base level. Their [beg],[int], etc grade level is depended on your skill level. And yes, once you finish with the [beg] books when the skill hits level20, you can move onto [int] ones to get 21 and so on.

3) The mercs you hire at the start, do you keep them for the entire lifetime you play and they level up with you and evolve? Or do you simply shitcan em later and hire new ones? I'm reading stuff about upgrading your mercs to heroes or what not later and needing crystals...

You will find yourself wanting to replace certain mercenaries for better ones later on. End game mercenaries have better base stats but it gets expensive to gather all the crystals to level them up. You just have to make some decisions on what kind of end game units would work out for you in PvE and PvP.
There are quite a few different types of crystals. Different class of mercenaries uses different crystals to upgrade. Think them as Harkons for some characters, and Alexandrites for others.
You could purchase Permanent Mercenary rooms from other players or the cash shop. It costs about 48-50m ingame. There are 16(?) available mercenary rooms and you can store one mercenary per room.

5) Looking through Market and the Bazaar, i'm seeing all sorts of nice gear and such. Am i right in saying that all gear in this game can be pretty much bought from the market or from somebody... It's WoW without the bullshit 'bind on pickup' and 'bind on equip'? Or is there gear that is non tradable or binds?

There are some non-tradeable items from quests or Player vs. Dev rewards, but I don't think there are any bind-on-equip items as far as I can tell. But then again, I'm still only 60 =/

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-18-2009   #22 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

Ok, sounds good. For the most part this entire game seems to me like WoW, with a more fun, strategic combat system, and less bullshit on equipment. ie, at some point anyone can get any item, as opposed to being forced to raid for months just to get something you really want.

Now all i need to find is some decent build info... there's precious little info on what skills are good/bad. I really don't want to buy skill decrease books....

03-18-2009   #23 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold

I think even the grinding is pretty casual. I've only been playing heavily over the weekends and I can still progress through the quests easily and make decent cash during the short time I have on weekdays.

The only thing I regret is going Spearman as main, but that just can't be helped.

03-18-2009   #24 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold

What's wrong with spear as a main? I thought they had good up front abilities and lightning spear?

03-18-2009   #25 (permalink)
too much effort
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani
What's wrong with spear as a main? I thought they had good up front abilities and lightning spear?
Spear just doesn't have much of a distinguishable skill compared to other mains. Axe main can use freezing axe so they can replace Viking with support role mercenaries like Oracle or maybe an Exorcist. Shamans have Scud as well as healing so they can also hire an oracle at later stage with that extra slot. Even a cannon main has great support skills as well as a decent damage considering its attack range.

On the other hand, spears can attack through the columns, but the damage dealt to the 2nd row (or the 3rd row with high level Lightning Spear) is pretty much halved and it just doesn't do too much for me.

I guess I'm just bumed that I could use couple extra slots for mercenaries.

03-18-2009   #26 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

1) When you learn skills, they carry over when you pass the levelling milestones yes? ie, If i were to learn Evanscence Scud up to lvl20 with the [beg] books, once I pass level 20 i'll keep the skill at that level and will simply need to get the higher level books to raise it further?

beg -> int -> adv there are lvl limit on int and adv books int is lv 30+ and adv is lv 60+

2) I'm also going to assume that since this is a platoon style game, focusing on main levelling alone is a bad idea and i'll also have to level all the mercs evenly. is there like... build information anywhere? Information on what skills are good, etc? For staff right now i know to get Brutal Will and Scud (i will be playing PvE only)... Scud seems to be the sole reason to staff main... But is there like a build/progression sort of chart somewhere for all the classes? Before i royally screw up something.

if u like sucd then pick AOE build and just use wat merc u like cos there isn't really guides on it

3) The mercs you hire at the start, do you keep them for the entire lifetime you play and they level up with you and evolve? Or do you simply shitcan em later and hire new ones? I'm reading stuff about upgrading your mercs to heroes or what not later and needing crystals...

stuff like viking/monk/shaman u might keep them for lifetime but u can fire them or if u manage to get them to lv 100 u can make them indi merc and they will send u items for quest. 20/50 upgrade totals 150 crystal and 80/100 upgrade total 50 jewels or 80 for ashen ppl

4) General world navigation... I'm lvl13 at this point, expect to be 20 by the time i get home from work, and seeing as AO is very similar to WoW in terms of world travel... what's the 'flightpath' equivalent?

there is something call a travel agency in any town but i think u have to visit the town before u can tele there just pay gold and tele away

5) Looking through Market and the Bazaar, i'm seeing all sorts of nice gear and such. Am i right in saying that all gear in this game can be pretty much bought from the market or from somebody... It's WoW without the bullshit 'bind on pickup' and 'bind on equip'? Or is there gear that is non tradable or binds?

most non tradable gears are at high lvl and are dungeon rewards u can check them out in the pokedex

03-19-2009   #27 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
2) I'm also going to assume that since this is a platoon style game, focusing on main levelling alone is a bad idea and i'll also have to level all the mercs evenly. is there like... build information anywhere? Information on what skills are good, etc? For staff right now i know to get Brutal Will and Scud (i will be playing PvE only)... Scud seems to be the sole reason to staff main... But is there like a build/progression sort of chart somewhere for all the classes? Before i royally screw up something.
I used to lurk on the official forums alot for build/skill insights :V

Actually you're pretty free to build whatever team you feel like building lol, they'll all work for PvE. In PvP the cookie cutter builds seem to have the edge, but if you like a challenge or variety you could always experiment with a novel build.

Since I'm a staff main I might as well throw in my 2 cents on our skills:

Scud: You want this to 60 asap because it deals great AoE damage every third round.
Blessing: You might want to invest some points, say 40? in this if you're not getting another heal-slave (shaman or oracle).
Will: I'd highly recommend not getting this, because if you really want to run a will build you'd be better off using the oracle's seth's will (which is much better than brutal).
Hex of Darkness: DoT skill that hits two targets, can be comboed with a swordman's Dark Seed to activate Hell Flame. Still, it's quite a waste for PvE at least because you'd be better off spamming scud anyway.
Noble Sacrifice: Kill yourself to heal your mercs greatly for two turns. But the battle ends when you kill yourself lulz. Fail spell on a main, but pretty useful on a shaman merc.
Mana shield: Basically makes you slightly less squishy. It triggers randomly whenever you're hit by any attack, cuts your mana and heals you for a certain amount. I'd say raise it a little when you have the points to spare. I have mine at 20? at the moment, I think.
Flame Blow: The level 100 AoE skill. Similar to a witch's meteor strike except it does damage over two turns and has a cooldown of 4 turns. Get this when you're rich and over 100?

It's the nature of my circuitry.

Last edited by Javier; 03-19-2009 at 09:27 AM.

03-19-2009   #28 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Good info jayyy, thanks for that

Couple other things to ask coz i can't find any real answers... Is there any shared storage space/bank space that ISN'T in Rome? Or are we stuck making mules here?

Lastly, do ALL NPC's that you can quicksell unneeded stuff to only pay 10g per item? Or are there better ones around?

03-19-2009   #29 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

Only storage area is in Rome. I usually just keep important items (mats) in there....

Those NPCs you can sell to early in the game and the market will ONLY sell you at a price of 10g. You have to sell via Market where you make the most money. AO has a unique market system where it somewhat resembles a RL market. It is highly recommended that you participate in it to get through the game. Supply! Demand! Gogogo!

03-22-2009   #30 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

Quote:
When you upgrade something to +7 or above, you have to bind it to your character to equip it. I've only made 1 +7 weapon so far, but since it wasn't special in any way I assume this is true for the rest. (Sorry for the late reply)